W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
i suffer depression and anxiety, and im on meds. The meds help but they alone are useless. One must heal the soul with love, that is the best medicine for a broken heart. Recently i was treated very rudely by someone i know. They seemed to tear me down and remind me why i have mental problems. Im not complaining, just venting the pain that overflows within. David did that often in his psalms, so i guess im allowed to as well.

-(iconoclast)-

I live by faith in the Son of God
Nov 17, 2015
✟21,859.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
I will go spend time with the Lord.

Rev 2:3
and you have perseverance and have endured for My name's sake, and have not grown weary.

Matthew 24:13
"But the one who endures to the end, he will be saved.

Romans 15:4
For whatever was written in earlier times was written for our instruction, so that through perseverance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope

Hebrews 10:36
For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God, you may receive what was promised.

Stay strong, u are a marvel. :)

Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i suffer depression and anxiety, and im on meds. The meds help but they alone are useless. One must heal the soul with love, that is the best medicine for a broken heart. Recently i was treated very rudely by someone i know. They seemed to tear me down and remind me why i have mental problems. Im not complaining, just venting the pain that overflows within. David did that often in his psalms, so i guess im allowed to as well.
Exercise, diet and stress control can help us to deal with these sort of issues. When we put our faith in God He can show us what He can deliver us from and what He will give us strength to see us through the problems and issues.

Upvote 0

Monna

Feb 5, 2017
Oicha Beni
✟105,254.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
They seemed to tear me down and remind me why i have mental problems. Im not complaining, just venting the pain that overflows within. David did that often in his psalms, so i guess im allowed to as well.

It's wonderful that we can go to the Lord with our pain and our complaints. When Jesus was in great pain while being nailed to the cross he prayed "Father forgive them because they don't know what they're doing." It occured to me that if I also prayed this prayer I might be "spiritually vaccinated" against building up resentment and bitterness against the people who cause me pain and distress. Jesus understood that the actions of the soldiers were having destructive impacts on the soldiers themselves, and in his amazing love asked for their forgiveness.

Many many people do not understand the dark weight of depression. Even if I also suffer from depression, I doubt that I understand the specific nature, and definitely not the cause, of yours. There are many causes and many different effects. God's Spirit is within you so he knows what you're going through, he knows the cause(s) and he knows the solutions.

Hang on to the fact of God's love for you. He believes in you, he will never abandon you, he will never give up on you. "I will never leave you." "Yeah though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for thy rod and thy staff they comfort me." "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him those who he has called." And he hasn't given up on his plan for you.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Rev 2:3
and you have perseverance and have endured for My name's sake, and have not grown weary.

Matthew 24:13
"But the one who endures to the end, he will be saved.

Romans 15:4
For whatever was written in earlier times was written for our instruction, so that through perseverance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope

Hebrews 10:36
For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God, you may receive what was promised.

Stay strong, u are a marvel. :)
Thank you.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Exercise, diet and stress control can help us to deal with these sort of issues. When we put our faith in God He can show us what He can deliver us from and what He will give us strength to see us through the problems and issues.
I agree, thank you.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's wonderful that we can go to the Lord with our pain and our complaints. When Jesus was in great pain while being nailed to the cross he prayed "Father forgive them because they don't know what they're doing." It occured to me that if I also prayed this prayer I might be "spiritually vaccinated" against building up resentment and bitterness against the people who cause me pain and distress. Jesus understood that the actions of the soldiers were having destructive impacts on the soldiers themselves, and in his amazing love asked for their forgiveness.

Many many people do not understand the dark weight of depression. Even if I also suffer from depression, I doubt that I understand the specific nature, and definitely not the cause, of yours. There are many causes and many different effects. God's Spirit is within you so he knows what you're going through, he knows the cause(s) and he knows the solutions.

Hang on to the fact of God's love for you. He believes in you, he will never abandon you, he will never give up on you. "I will never leave you." "Yeah though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for thy rod and thy staff they comfort me." "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him those who he has called." And he hasn't given up on his plan for you.
Thank you for the kind words.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I will be happy in the Lord. Like David, sometimes we must encourage our self in the Lord.

1 Samuel 30:6 And David was greatly distressed; for the people spake of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and for his daughters: but David encouraged himself in the Lord his God.

Psalms 16:5 O Lord, You are the portion of my inheritance and my cup;
You maintain my lot.

:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

peter2

Ordinary life contemplative
Oct 10, 2015
✟54,190.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
i suffer depression and anxiety,

Hello, W2L,
It's my first browsing on deeper fellowship.
I tend to link depression and anxiety to Jesus's agony.
May be it can be comforting to think He was made man so as to join us in every kind of suffering, so as to encourage us, and to give us faith in this resurrection where joy lies for the believer, allowing him to overcome trials with the feeling it gives that pain won't be long(if you believe in eternal life, it gives strength to wait for it, and to accept the last pains)

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello, W2L,
It's my first browsing on deeper fellowship.
I tend to link depression and anxiety to Jesus's agony.
May be it can be comforting to think He was made man so as to join us in every kind of suffering, so as to encourage us, and to give us faith in this resurrection where joy lies for the believer, allowing him to overcome trials with the feeling it gives that pain won't be long(if you believe in eternal life, it gives strength to wait for it, and to accept the last pains)
Welcome to Deeper Fellowship. I agree.

Upvote 0

peter2

Ordinary life contemplative
Oct 10, 2015
✟54,190.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I just wanted to add the name you chose at CF is a nice praise of Jesus's victory over the temptation of throwing Himself from the top of the temple, for it underlines a resistance of your to the neighbouring temptation of suicide. That's at least how I interpret this piece of scripture, and makes me think you're directing yourself towards the christian path

Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0