United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
Hey Everyone,

It's been awhile since I've posted on here. I wanted to ask if the community could pray for me and my safety during/after my tonsillectomy this Thursday. I have been ill since Christmas Eve 2023. I'm 29 years old and it could be a little risky - Im not looking forward to the pain at all, and am extremely scared. On top of that, my wife is due to give birth to our first child in the next few weeks! Everything is happening at once and I'm mentally (and physically apparently) not ready.

Joseph G

Saved by the grace of Jesus Christ
Dec 22, 2023
Austin
✟26,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Lord Jesus, we pray that you would keep 3echoe in your perfect peace throughout his surgery and that it would be a resounding success with minimal pain. We ask that you would prepare him for fatherhood by reminding him that you are Jehovah Jireh and will provide for all his family's needs according to Your riches in glory. And we ask that you would bless his son with a long fruitful life in the service of Your Kingdom.

Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Dear Lord, I pray for relief from fear and anxiety for 3choes. I pray for healing for his tonsils, either medically or otherwise, and wisdom for the doctors and nurses who attend him as they perform the surgery. In Christ’s Name, Amen.

Upvote 0

Faith over Fear

If I had but one breath, I’d use it to praise HIM!
Dec 30, 2023
USA
✟22,479.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hey Everyone,

It's been awhile since I've posted on here. I wanted to ask if the community could pray for me and my safety during/after my tonsillectomy this Thursday. I have been ill since Christmas Eve 2023. I'm 29 years old and it could be a little risky - Im not looking forward to the pain at all, and am extremely scared. On top of that, my wife is due to give birth to our first child in the next few weeks! Everything is happening at once and I'm mentally (and physically apparently) not ready.
Praying

Upvote 0

3choes

Sep 19, 2022
South Carolina
✟22,153.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you all very much for your prayers!
The surgery on Thursday went well...I am in recovery. I have be honest this is much more painful and strenuous than I could have imagined.
The steroid (prednisone) I was prescribed for inflammation caused a heart arrhythmia in me, so I ended up going back to the ER on Saturday. Then last night, I had a bleeding scare of a scab that may have come off early. They say that Tonsillectomies as adults are risky, and that alone gives me fear.
I have been clinging to my Bible, but I still feel horribly afraid at times.

Upvote 0

Joseph G

Saved by the grace of Jesus Christ
Dec 22, 2023
Austin
✟26,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thank you all very much for your prayers!
The surgery on Thursday went well...I am in recovery. I have be honest this is much more painful and strenuous than I could have imagined.
The steroid (prednisone) I was prescribed for inflammation caused a heart arrhythmia in me, so I ended up going back to the ER on Saturday. Then last night, I had a bleeding scare of a scab that may have come off early. They say that Tonsillectomies as adults are risky, and that alone gives me fear.
I have been clinging to my Bible, but I still feel horribly afraid at times.
Continuing to pray.

Upvote 0

3choes

Sep 19, 2022
South Carolina
✟22,153.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
Hi Everyone! I want to thank you again for all your prayers and support! My throat is finally near healed and feeling much better - unfortunately I've developed a type of heart arrhythmia called atrial bigeminy out of the blue. My doctor is prescribing to wear a Holter monitor for 1 week.
To be honest, I have never felt more scared than I am now in my entire life. My wife is due to give birth any day now, and I feel my health and life is falling apart. I'm only 29 years old, and I'm scared I won't make it to see my son born or grow.

• Prayers
Reactions: Pop D.
Upvote 0

3choes

Sep 19, 2022
South Carolina
✟22,153.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
Hey 3choes, did your baby boy arrive all right? How are you doing? Let us know if you feel so inclined, still praying for you. God bless!
Hey Joseph!
Thank you for checking in on me. Our baby boy arrived safe and sound on March 9th! He is doing very well and both my wife and him are healthy. Unfortunately, the heart arrhythmia that popped up for me is still there and I see a doctor next week. I have gone to the ER and they state its not dangerous....but my fear and anxiety have been through the roof.
Thank you again!!!

Also, thank you everyone for your prayers - it has been an extremely rough road and it seems like the punches keep rolling on my life. Hopefully I will emerge out of this soon.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums