✟68,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
tobeloved:

Is anything to hard for God to accomplish if He so desires to do such a thing?
As far as the Denominations picking on each other; I have heard it!
However, those lead by the Spirit of God will not do this; They would help each one to better understand the TRUTH. What is the truth? God and His Christ through the Holy Spirit giving direction to it.

Andy Centek

Upvote 0

Andy centek

Seeker of Deep Truth
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2018
mich
✟68,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I understand what you mean there, but by refusing to associate with any church (which means that you refuse certain actions that the New Testament calls upon us all to engage in, such as the sacraments, fellowship, etc.) the conclusion that this creates one more visible division in the body of believers is hard, if not impossible, to avoid.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
tobeloved:

Is anything to hard for God to accomplish if He so desires to do such a thing?
As far as the Denominations picking on each other; I have heard it!
However, those lead by the Spirit of God will not do this; They would help each one to better understand the TRUTH. What is the truth? God and His Christ through the Holy Spirit giving direction to it.

Andy Centek
I
Didn’t say ‘picking on each other’. I am talking major theological differences. So it is a difference in beliefs, which is a pretty major thing.

Second, so you are willing to become one off the denominations I mentioned?

You didn’t even address my point to you.

Please address my points if you want to have a conversation and quote me correctly not with very different words.

That is what a quote is for. So you can see the exact words used.

Upvote 0

Andy centek

Seeker of Deep Truth
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2018
mich
✟68,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Albion:
Blessings.
No I don't dismiss the things you mentioned. What I do is to put Them where they belong. For example: Who was it written to. Who was it not directed to? Was it given to Jesus disciples and people of Judeah? Or was it told to Paul to give to all believers in Jesus Christ once He was resurrected and sent Paul to preach to the Gentiles?

Consider the following.

Gentiles Grafted In
Rom 11:11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.
Rom 11:12 Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?
Rom 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:
Rom 11:14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.
Rom 11:15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?
Rom 11:16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.
Rom 11:17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;
Rom 11:18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.
Rom 11:19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.
Rom 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
Rom 11:21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

Andy Centek

Upvote 0

Andy centek

Seeker of Deep Truth
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2018
mich
✟68,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Albion:
Blessings.
No I don't dismiss the things you mentioned. What I do is to put Them where they belong. For example: Who was it written to. Who was it not directed to? Was it given to Jesus disciples and people of Judeah? Or was it told to Paul to give to all believers in Jesus Christ once He was resurrected and sent Paul to preach to the Gentiles?

Consider the following.

Gentiles Grafted In
Rom 11:11-21 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy. Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fullness ? For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office: If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.
For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead? For if the first fruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.
And if some of the branches be broken off, and You, being a wild olive tree, was grafted in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;
Boast not against the branches. But if You boast, You bear not the root, but the root You.
You will say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in. Well; because of unbelief They were broken off, and You stand by faith. Be not high minded, but fear:
For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not You.

Andy Centek

Upvote 0

Dale

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2003
Sebring, FL
✟666,487.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
What can be accomplished there, that cant be outside of it......and what can you learn specifically there which the holy spirit will not teach you, outside?

For the Holy Spirit to teach, people must be listening. Going to Bible Study is one sign that you are listening, interested in learning.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
For the Holy Spirit to teach, people must be listening. Going to Bible Study is one sign that you are listening, interested in learning.
I agree. I believe that even after we are saved that God still respects our free will. The Holy Spirit does lead us in the right direction but that we have to listen. I think the Holy Spirit prompts us more and then we do with that what we like.

The verse ‘seek and you will find, knock and the door will be opened, ask and it shall be given’.

Reactions: Dale
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I
Didn’t say ‘picking on each other’. I am talking major theological differences. So it is a difference in beliefs, which is a pretty major thing.

Second, so you are willing to become one off the denominations I mentioned?

You didn’t even address my point to you.

Please address my points if you want to have a conversation and quote me correctly not with very different words.

That is what a quote is for. So you can see the exact words used.
Are you going to address my posts?

I think I had a very valid question in that are you ready to convert to Catholicism, Lutheranism, Pentecostal, Orthodoxy or any other denomination?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Andy centek

Seeker of Deep Truth
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2018
mich
✟68,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Radagast

Please show me in the Scriptures where it states what you said is true.
One is either in the Body of Christ or they are not. Is is God that choses who these Elect are. Man has nothing to do with the Elect of God and who goes to the spiritual life form or who doesn not.

Andy Centek

Upvote 0

Dale

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2003
Sebring, FL
✟666,487.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Radagast

Please show me in the Scriptures where it states what you said is true.
One is either in the Body of Christ or they are not. Is is God that choses who these Elect are. Man has nothing to do with the Elect of God and who goes to the spiritual life form or who doesn not.

Andy Centek

Andy,

If "Man has nothing to do with the Elect of God ..."
then what is the purpose of evangelism?
We know that the Apostles believed in evangelism.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Are you going to address my posts?

I think I had a very valid question in that are you ready to convert to Catholicism, Lutheranism, Pentecostal, Orthodoxy or any other denomination?
Well I’m unsubscribing because it’s clear to me the OP wants to cherry pick what parts of this conversation he is willing to have. How rude!

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well I’m unsubscribing because it’s clear to me the OP wants to cherry pick what parts of this conversation he is willing to have. How rude!
The OPer is 80 years old.....it is possible he is not familiar with all the functions of the site......ex. how you are only alerted for the first reply even though there may be many after that one. The OPer seemed to have tried to reply to me twice and left no words....... these things are not that easy for all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The question is whether or not this gathering need be in a church building of a specific denomination.
No, the question is whether this -- two or three gathered -- constitutes a church.

It does not. What Jesus meant is that he was with his disciples always, even if only two or three were together, but that doesn't make every such meeting be an ekklesia or a gathering for worship or anything else that a Christian congregation engages in or accomplishes.

Upvote 0

Andy centek

Seeker of Deep Truth
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2018
mich
✟68,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
RADAGAST:

Is it God, or is it man, that determines who is to be put where in His creation? If it were left up to man, most would chose to be in what is often called heaven.
God always was, and is, in control of All things.He graciously sent His Son as Jesus Christ to the Jews first to offer them a way back to the kingdom of heaven. They refused the offer and Jesus, through the power which His Father gave to Him, rejected those who did not take the offer to come back to the Kingdom of Heaven.
That is when Jesus began to preach the kingdom of God instead. This was done after John The Baptist death. His death caused the setting aside of physical Israel because of their unblief in Jesus words which His Father gave to Him to give to Them.

Andy Centek

Upvote 0

Dale

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2003
Sebring, FL
✟666,487.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
RADAGAST:

Is it God, or is it man, that determines who is to be put where in His creation? If it were left up to man, most would chose to be in what is often called heaven.
God always was, and is, in control of All things.He graciously sent His Son as Jesus Christ to the Jews first to offer them a way back to the kingdom of heaven. They refused the offer and Jesus, through the power which His Father gave to Him, rejected those who did not take the offer to come back to the Kingdom of Heaven.
That is when Jesus began to preach the kingdom of God instead. This was done after John The Baptist death. His death caused the setting aside of physical Israel because of their unblief in Jesus words which His Father gave to Him to give to Them.

Andy Centek

Andy,
The "Kingdom of Heaven" and the "Kingdom of God" are the same thing.

Upvote 0