USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was referring to those who are Christians.

If you are going to criticize, at the very least, you should have more evidence, more particulars, than noticing that someone is "not one of us."
Ok, strange that you found criticism in my question. I find nothing wrong with what you believe. I just wanted to know if you were one to use scripture to bring out what you already believe, or if you used scripture to determine what should be believed. And you gave me my answer. I dont understand your last comment so i cant respond to it.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Raymond, this isn't the issue.

There are many things that characterize the individual believer, but none of them make him into a church (which, by definition means a gathering of a number of people, an assembly).

Those are two different concepts.
I dont see any issues.....Just wanted to get commonly used verses out there in hopes that they are addressed and not repeated.

I see nothing wrong with attending Church.

There are some who believe church to be the gathering together of saints. What do you have to say to those who exclude the buildings from the definition of church, because they encourage the gathering and taking in of sinners and well as the saved who self proclaim themselves to be "no saints"?

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
DENOMINATIONS

What I am about to write here will not set well with most of today's church goers: But then the words of Jesus Christ did not set will with Judeah either. Nonetheless, I chose to follow the teaching of the apostle Paul and not of man. Christ Jesus shall be My judge. What did the Jews do to Jesus for what He taught? What was done to the other apostles for their teaching?

Man has chosen to establish Their Denomination setup in place of the unity of the Spirit. The apostle Paul was appointed as the apostle to the Gentile world, to teach them about Christ crucified. There was to be One Church, the Body of Christ, then man came along and followed after the wrong One doctrine of Denominations. So where then did this denominational idea come from? Was it from Jesus Christ of His apostle Paul? Absolutely not!

This idea came in the same way that the other things which are anti-christ came into being, by the spirit of evilness.

Php 2:4-16 Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others. Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:But made Himself of no reputation, and took upon Him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Wherefore God also has highly exalted Him, and given Him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every language (tongue) should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Wherefore, My beloved, as You have always obeyed, not as in My presence only, but now much more in My absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. For it is God which works in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure.

Do all things without murmurings and disputings:That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither labored in vain.

Gal_6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man sows, that shall he also reap.

Andy Centek
Very controversial but I don’t have a problem with denominations in the sense that there are 4 billion Christians and if we were all part of one church we would pick each other apart with differences and we would not be united anyways in a real sense.

Let’s remember under Paul all the gentile churches had the same teacher more or less. Paul went all over and shepherded these churches.

There is no way today even Paul himself, chosen by Christ could shepherd 4 billion people.

It’s not feasible. It’s unrealistic

• Agree
Reactions: Sam91
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The issue is whether a church is part of Christ's plan...or if, OTOH, the individual was intended by God to be on his own, not needing anyone else.
I meant, that i didnt see any issues described in my post.....

There are some who believe church to be the gathering together of saints. What do you have to say to those who exclude the buildings from the definition of church, because they encourage the gathering and taking in of sinners and well as the saved who self proclaim themselves to be "no saints"?

Or is your definition of the church personal....i.e. not clearly stated in the bible?

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I would ask the OP If say the Catholic Church was chosen would you happily become Catholic or Lutheran or Orthodox or a Bible based church or Methodist Baptist ect?

I find everyone who does these no denominations posts would want everyone to become what they are. Lol.

What else or other denomination are you willing to join to cut out denominations?

It’s a harsh question but that’s what it would take. Everyone practically laying aside any other beliefs other than the main ones. Very high level agreed upon things like Christ and salvation and the Trinity maybe.

Reactions: Albion
Upvote 0

Dale

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2003
Sebring, FL
✟666,487.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Ok, strange that you found criticism in my question. I find nothing wrong with what you believe. I just wanted to know if you were one to use scripture to bring out what you already believe, or if you used scripture to determine what should be believed. And you gave me my answer. I dont understand your last comment so i cant respond to it.

Raymond,
I should have worded that differently. I didn't mean to accuse you of criticizing, I was referring to those who criticizie a denomination. My last comment referred back to the scripture I quoted earlier.

49 “Master,” said John, “we saw someone driving out demons in your name and we tried to stop him, because he is not one of us.”
50 “Do not stop him,” Jesus said, “for whoever is not against you is for you.”
--Luke 9:49-50 NIV

• Informative
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

Dale

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2003
Sebring, FL
✟666,487.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I dont see any issues.....Just wanted to get commonly used verses out there in hopes that they are addressed and not repeated.

I see nothing wrong with attending Church.

The answer Jesus gave is that those who are well have no need of a doctor.
As some on CF have put it, the church is a hospital for sinners, not a museum for saints.

16 And the scribes of the Pharisees, when they saw that he was eating with sinners and tax collectors, said to his disciples, “Why does he eat with tax collectors and sinners?” 17 And when Jesus heard it, he said to them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick; I came not to call the righteous, but sinners.”
--Mark 2: 16-17 RSV

16 When the teachers of the law who were Pharisees saw him eating with the sinners and tax collectors, they asked his disciples: “Why does he eat with tax collectors and sinners?”
17 On hearing this, Jesus said to them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”
--Mark 2: 16-17 NIV

• Agree
Reactions: Sam91
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The answer Jesus gave is that those who are well have no need of a doctor.
As some on CF have put it, the church is a hospital for sinners, not a museum for saints.

16 And the scribes of the Pharisees, when they saw that he was eating with sinners and tax collectors, said to his disciples, “Why does he eat with tax collectors and sinners?” 17 And when Jesus heard it, he said to them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick; I came not to call the righteous, but sinners.”
--Mark 2: 16-17 RSV

16 When the teachers of the law who were Pharisees saw him eating with the sinners and tax collectors, they asked his disciples: “Why does he eat with tax collectors and sinners?”
17 On hearing this, Jesus said to them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”
--Mark 2: 16-17 NIV
So the saved have no need to go to the physical church then correct? but can go if they so choose.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ancient of Days

Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2017
Mn.
✟138,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
That was spoken by Christ to his Apostles while standing in their midst and he said it in order to tell them that HE, personally, was the fulfillment of prophesy concerning the coming of the Kingdom, not (as they were arguing) that it was some change of civil government that was still in the future. And the kingdom is not a church anyway.

But even if we took it to mean what you mean...that does not say that there is no need for a church.

Jesus himself described the founding of "my church," so it is not just an individual infilling with the Holy Spirit. And the many examples of churches in the New Testament say zero about one-man "churches" being just as good. They, in fact, cannot be so, since this approach omits a number of duties that the Bible indicates are to be done by believers.

The church is--like it or not--corporate.

Are you the same guy that professes to be a free mason?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dale

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2003
Sebring, FL
✟666,487.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
So the saved have no need to go to the physical church then correct? but can go if they so choose.

As Paul said, all things are lawful but not all things are helpful.

God doesn't exactly order us to go to church but there is much to be learned there and much that can be accomplished by going.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As Paul said, all things are lawful but not all things are helpful.

God doesn't exactly order us to go to church but there is much to be learned there and much that can be accomplished by going.
What can be accomplished there, that cant be outside of it......and what can you learn specifically there which the holy spirit will not teach you, outside?

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What can be accomplished there, that cant be outside of it......and what can you learn specifically there which the holy spirit will not teach you, outside?
Jesus said, ‘where two or more are gathered in My Name, I am there also’.

Upvote 0

Andy centek

Seeker of Deep Truth
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2018
mich
✟68,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Very controversial but I don’t have a problem with denominations in the sense that there are 4 billion Christians and if we were all part of one church we would pick each other apart with differences and we would not be united anyways in a real sense.

Let’s remember under Paul all the gentile churches had the same teacher more or less. Paul went all over and shepherded these churches.

There is no way today even Paul himself, chosen by Christ could shepherd 4 billion people.

It’s not feasible. It’s unrealistic

Upvote 0