Minnesota
✟214,795.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
For every week we didn’t have a COVID-19 vaccine, more people died, more children were kept out of school, and more damage was done to society.

Yet it’s become increasingly clear that the FDA put the brakes on the vaccine at the 11th hour, delaying its authorization because Democrats — worried it would help Donald Trump’s 2020 re-election prospects — undermined public confidence in the vaccine development efforts.

We may never know how much damage was done in the name of politics. But one victim is clear: Americans’ trust in their government and public health experts.
It seems clear Dems pressured the FDA to delay the COVID vaccine to hurt Trump

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
For every week we didn’t have a COVID-19 vaccine, more people died, more children were kept out of school, and more damage was done to society.

Yet it’s become increasingly clear that the FDA put the brakes on the vaccine at the 11th hour, delaying its authorization because Democrats — worried it would help Donald Trump’s 2020 re-election prospects — undermined public confidence in the vaccine development efforts.

We may never know how much damage was done in the name of politics. But one victim is clear: Americans’ trust in their government and public health experts.
It seems clear Dems pressured the FDA to delay the COVID vaccine to hurt Trump
From yon article:
“The House report has the story backwards. Trump administration officials urged speed in vaccine development to save lives, not for political gain. Trump would have, no doubt, been thrilled to have an announcement of effectiveness or vaccine authorization prior to the election — what politician in his position would not have?”
This would ring more true if there had been a vaccine roll-out plan in place, but the Trump Administration was too focused on the 2020 Election and allowed their malfeasance to percolate throughout the system, resulting in backlogs and delays in getting the vaccine into arms.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's also important to remember that Democrats were the original COVID anti-vaxxers;

BIDEN AND HIS ADVISORS SOWED DOUBT ABOUT THE SAFETY OF COVID-19 VACCINES
  • In the months leading up to the election, Democrats repeatedly cast doubt and undermined public confidence in the safety and effectiveness of vaccines produced under the Trump administration.
  • Joe Biden questioned whether a vaccine would be “real.”
    • In August, Biden suggested the vaccines might be unsafe, saying “if and when the vaccine comes, it’s not likely to go through all the tests…and trials that are needed to be done.”
    • In September, Biden legitimized those who were questioning the safety of the vaccines, saying, “who’s going to take the shot? Are you going to be the first one to say sign me up?”
    • Days later, then-Biden Press Secretary Symone Sanders repeatedly refused to say whether Biden would take the COVID vaccine if it was approved before election day.
    • A week later, Biden said the American people “should not have confidence” in the vaccine unless it met his campaign’s specific criteria.
  • In September, Kamala Harris refused to say whether she would take a vaccine approved before Election Day: “I think that’s going to be an issue for all of us.”
    • Harris said that scientists would not have the “last word” in approving the vaccine, and suggested a vaccine may not be effective.
  • Ron Klain, now White House Chief of Staff, tweeted: “When you read how Team Trump played politics with testing it makes you wonder how they will handle vaccines?”
DEMOCRAT GOVERNORS UNDERMINED VACCINE CONFIDENCE
CONGRESSIONAL DEMOCRATS QUESTIONED THE SAFETY OF THE VACCINES
  • Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN): “We can’t trust the President and take his word, and take a vaccine that might cause harm to us.”
  • Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI) said the FDA and CDC “have gotten screwed up by President Trump” and that “unfortunately, they aren’t the gold standard any longer, so you need to take a slightly closer look” at a vaccine.
  • Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-CT) suggested – without evidence – that there was political interference in the FDA approval process.
  • Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA): “We cannot take for granted this process [of developing a vaccine] will be free of political influence.”
  • Sen. Tina Smith (D-MN) suggested that if a vaccine was announced before election day, it would be because of political pressure.
PROMINENT DEMOCRATS SAID THEY WERE “HESITANT” TO GET THE VACCINE

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's also important to remember what Dr. Ashish Jha said on August 30, 2020 regarding EUA for the vaccines;

Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 9.55.50 AM.png

Compared to what he said just a few short weeks ago regarding the updated bivalent booster.

Also, despite the fact that there is no clinical data for these new boosters, Dr. Jha would REALLY like everyone to get them before the election, er, "Halloween";

High-risk individuals should get updated COVID-19 boosters immediately while the rest of the U.S. should aim to get them by Halloween, Ashish Jha, MD, White House COVID-19 response coordinator, said during a Sept. 12 episode of "In the Bubble with Andy Slavitt" podcast.

"Why Halloween? Because three weeks after Halloween is Thanksgiving, and there’s a lot of travel, and you’re seeing family, and you’re seeing friends," Dr. Jha said. "And [a] few weeks later, it’s the holidays."

Dr. Ashish Jha: Get COVID-19 boosters by Halloween

I suppose it's just a nifty coincidence that Election Day is just one week after Halloween.

It took us just two short years to go from it being "totally inappropriate" to "rush" a vaccine through EUA and advising it must clear a "high bar" to recommending everyone over the age of 12 get a vaccine that's not been tested in humans before Election Day. The bar can't get much lower.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's also important to remember what Dr. Ashish Jha said on August 30, 2020 regarding EUA for the vaccines;

View attachment 320810

Compared to what he said just a few short weeks ago regarding the updated bivalent booster.

Also, despite the fact that there is no clinical data for these new boosters, Dr. Jha would REALLY like everyone to get them before the election, er, "Halloween";

High-risk individuals should get updated COVID-19 boosters immediately while the rest of the U.S. should aim to get them by Halloween, Ashish Jha, MD, White House COVID-19 response coordinator, said during a Sept. 12 episode of "In the Bubble with Andy Slavitt" podcast.

"Why Halloween? Because three weeks after Halloween is Thanksgiving, and there’s a lot of travel, and you’re seeing family, and you’re seeing friends," Dr. Jha said. "And [a] few weeks later, it’s the holidays."

Dr. Ashish Jha: Get COVID-19 boosters by Halloween

I suppose it's just a nifty coincidence that Election Day is just one week after Halloween.

It took us just two short years to go from it being "totally inappropriate" to "rush" a vaccine through EUA and advising it must clear a "high bar" to recommending everyone over the age of 12 get a vaccine that's not been tested in humans before Election Day. The bar can't get much lower.
So, who was in the White House in 2020?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
NY Post is a pretty unreliable source.

And Democrats had no special power over the FDA.
Do you remember just two years ago when Democrats were saying they would not trust a 'Trump Vaccine'? I do.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
NY Post is a pretty unreliable source.
Plus this is just an opinion piece, not journalism, written by a former economic advisor to President Trump - a man with an agenda.

And Democrats had no special power over the FDA.
Yeah, but :mad:Democrats!:mad:

• Informative
Reactions: Sif
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you remember the full caveat? I do.
Yes, I do. They said they needed to see the data, and that they needed to have independent verification above and beyond the FDA's approval. But that was because Trump was in office, who absolutely could not be trusted, unlike Biden, who apparently can be trusted absolutely.

So tell me, what data and independent verification is there that the new bivalent vaccine will provide additional benefit to people?

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So, who was in the White House in 2020?

Trump.

The Democrats seeded all kinds of doubt about the vaccines while Trump was in office, and then the moment Biden was elected, they completely flipped positions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Do you remember just two years ago when Democrats were saying they would not trust a 'Trump Vaccine'? I do.
And I remember all those conservatives who refused and still do refuse to get the vaccine...I guess they didn't trust it either

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
And I remember all those conservatives who refused and still do refuse to get the vaccine...I guess they didn't trust it either
By that time it was the 'Biden Vaccine'. So of course.

Covid has been the most politicized disease I can remember, way more than even AIDS.

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed

Covid has been the most politicized disease I can remember, way more than even AIDS.
I clearly remember the first decade of HIV...and covid doesn't even come close. I mean as far as i know no one has ever used Covid as a justifcation for building massive death camps.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

But who politicized it?

Upvote 0