GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,830.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Where do you get the idea that Satan is the king of hell?
It maybe they are the same evil spirit, or a team.
There would have been some or many others surrounding Jesus. Satan, the king of Hell, maybe the same thing, a prince of demons, also empowered. And the spirits of death in full number

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
There is a hierarchy of evil spirits. And Satan is the head of them.

However, all power and dominion belongs to God, and evil spirits only have such authority as is given them (allowed) by God (for His own - good - purposes).

It's not as though there are two opposing kingdoms with God in charge of one and Satan the other (though Satan may believe this and it does reflect the battle we find ourselves caught in due to our weakness and bent toward self/sin). Satan is actually king/in charge of nothing. His only "power" is simply allowed by God.

The idea that the evil spirits are in charge and will eternally delight in tormenting souls would mean that God actually rewards them for being successful in corrupting souls. I doubt that's the case.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,830.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
There is a hierarchy of evil spirits. And Satan is the head of them.

However, all power and dominion belongs to God, and evil spirits only have such authority as is given them (allowed) by God (for His own - good - purposes).

It's not as though there are two opposing kingdoms with God in charge of one and Satan the other (though Satan may believe this and it does reflect the battle we find ourselves caught in due to our weakness and bent toward self/sin). Satan is actually king/in charge of nothing. His only "power" is simply allowed by God.

The idea that the evil spirits are in charge and will eternally delight in tormenting souls would mean that God actually rewards them for being successful in corrupting souls. I doubt that's the case.
Sad that Satan obtains souls at their lives ends. God is sovereign and we don't know why he allows evil. Why angels can't preach...? NDEs reveal witty demons in Hell, I suppose that ends at judgement, after Christ's return.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Sad that Satan obtains souls at their lives ends. God is sovereign and we don't know why he allows evil. Why angels can't preach...? NDEs reveal witty demons in Hell, I suppose that ends at judgement, after Christ's return.
Angels can preach - if God allows. Remember too sometimes we might have dealings with angels and not know they are angels. I think that's probably much more common than "announcements" by angels that reveal themselves as angels. All according to God's wisdom, which is always for our best good.

I don't know that Satan "obtains souls". He is certainly pleased when a soul cuts itself off from God. I think that is his only real victory, and is ultimately up to the person themselves.

And remember that NDEs might not be trustworthy. For their own purposes, demons can appear (even as "angels of light") and show lies to a person. It is not possible that every NDE is true, because they contradict one another. So we must beware of accepting what people experience (even if they are being honest themselves - the spirits/experience could be a lie).

BTW if you're interested in an analysis of the topic, there is at least one. But it's terribly easy for people to misunderstand. He is very clear to me but somehow people come away with wrong ideas of what he said. But Fr Seraphim Rose wrote a book that compares details of NDEs (and sometimes cases of more than near - a few people have died for some time), and talks about these within the context of what the person believed would happen, and also gives Biblical support of what Christianity teaches.

(Certainly the soul continues to exist, in a non-material state, and remains near the body at first and so can accurately report things that happened nearby while they were "dead" ... but there are many differences of what happens after that. In his opinion, the most damaging are the reassuring ones that tell people nothing matters and all is light and acceptance and there is no judgement at all that seem to come more from "New Age" type religious people - to return and spread such belief could be falling into the traps of the demons even though it all seemed light and angelic.)

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
In Jesus death, he overcame the fallen angels and demons, the spirit of death. I would imagine that the angel once called Lucifer contained an immense number of evil spirits to strengthen him. There would have been some or many others surrounding Jesus. Satan, the king of Hell, maybe the same thing, a prince of demons, also empowered. And the spirits of death in full number would have left graves to encroach on Jesus to over power Him and hold Him in death. This resulted in some people who were asleep, waking up and going home.

Does Satan have arms and legs?

Do you agree? Would you add, or take away, or hold an entirely different image of these dramatic moments?

First, his name is not Lucifer. Second, we have no record of Satan's fall or the events leading up to it.

The problem with the so called demonology is that we do not know much about demons, let alone angels. God did not write down very much information concerning them, because they have no relevancy to our salvation and purpose in the redemptive plan of God. It is a frivolous study.

• Winner
Reactions: Jipsah
Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,830.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
First, his name is not Lucifer. Second, we have no record of Satan's fall or the events leading up to it.

The problem with the so called demonology is that we do not know much about demons, let alone angels. God did not write down very much information concerning them, because they have no relevancy to our salvation and purpose in the redemptive plan of God. It is a frivolous study.
Lucifer is Latin for Son of the Morning or Morning Star, or Light Bearer. A quick view of a search in "Lucifer means?" brings it up. In Revelation Jesus calls Himself the Bright Morning Star. Revelation 22:16. Reminds me of Gandolph the grey fighting a demon and becoming Gandolph the white.

The history, for want of a better word of Heaven, is probably eons old, and cannot be presented in scripture to us in a lifetime. The Bible is a summary. It is not logical and ideal for theology, which is something of a Greek invention, logic. But it is a long standing subject with a few verses to think about. We need it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,830.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Some of us think free will and God's grace meet for salvation and predestiny is God's foreknowledge and great power. That we need evangelists and that demons cast an influence. Also demons are not very creative and repeat strategies, like the political cult of personality, as in Daniel the prophet, Nero, figures like Hitler, Stalin, Hussien, Un and as in Revelation and the image all will have to worship.

Upvote 0