variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Collecting private health information is.

Which is unessisary to have a voluntary conversation with someone about a public health crisis.

The travesty here seems that people will go out with information trying to influence people. The horror.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Which is unessisary to have a voluntary conversation with someone about a public health crisis.

The travesty here seems that people will go out with information trying to influence people. The horror.

“The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.”

― Ronald Reagan

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
ding ding ding - we have a winner. Anyone, even the beloved government attempting to get you to disclose private health information _ like if you are vaccinated _ is breaking the law.

Cite your sources please.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,471.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
ding ding ding - we have a winner. Anyone, even the beloved government attempting to get you to disclose private health information _ like if you are vaccinated _ is breaking the law.

So when my plumber was making an appointment and asked if I had any flu like symptoms they were breaking the law? Quote the law for us because as a government IT worker I deal with multiple HIPAA compliance situations and this is not how it works to my understanding.

Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟908,988.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That’s not how HIPAA works.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
That's what I may tell them if they show up on my property! :p

EyAH8XcXEAo8jcO.png
You can always tell if someone’s lived a sheltered, comfy life if they instinctively invoke the Holocaust to compare to a slight inconvenience today.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Wait...Did you just compare public health initiatives with the holocaust? Please tell me I just misread that.
I’ll never understand the right’s obsession with being perceived as victims of their own Holocaust. The fact they’re minimizing real, documented and well understood victimization from the last century to somehow make themselves the true victims of this century is downright disgusting.

Upvote 0

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No. No it is not.

You have been corrected on this multiple times. You do not know what you are talking about.

NOTHING, absolutely nothing, about HIPAA prevents ANYONE from asking you to disclose health information. It prevents health care workers and insurance from disclosing or accessing your private health information without your consent. That is not the same as someone asking, unprompted, if you are vaccinated. Heck, it doesn't even prevent businesses and such from saying "We won't do business with you unless you can show you are vaccinated". Now, other laws may cover that sort of thing. HIPAA does not.

They can ask you. You can say "I don't want to tell you". That's not a violation. What they can't do is say "Hey doc, did this patient get vaccinated?" without you authorizing them.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
When/if they make good on their word to start going door-to-door and harassing the "unvaccinated" (how do they know?) then yes, I most certainly am.
All they gotta do is look at voting maps.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Some random guy hold a nazi sign, who we have no info on is suppose to prove a universal point?

Let's assume the worst and say this guy is a real Trump supporter who wants Trump to be his personal Fuhrer. Okay fine, he's entitled to his position. The issue is when the government starts acting in a dictatorial, totalitarian, and fascist way that we all should have a problem. The partisan support for forced vaccinations against the will of the recipient proves which side fascism-in-action resides.
Who said anything about forced vaccinations?

• Winner
Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
A county worker coming to your door with a pamphlet on the vaccines doesn’t violate any HIPAA laws. Your paranoia about some imagined Holocaust scenario not withstanding.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
No. No it is not.

You have been corrected on this multiple times. You do not know what you are talking about.

NOTHING, absolutely nothing, about HIPAA prevents ANYONE from asking you to disclose health information. It prevents health care workers and insurance from disclosing or accessing your private health information without your consent. That is not the same as someone asking, unprompted, if you are vaccinated.

They can ask you. You can say "I don't want to tell you". That's not a violation. What they can't do is say "Hey doc, did this patient get vaccinated?" without you authorizing them.

And multiple times we have rhetorically answered this with: If one refuses to answer or refuses openly, will there be legal consequences?

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
A county worker coming to your door with a pamphlet on the vaccines doesn’t violate any HIPAA laws. Your paranoia about some imagined Holocaust scenario not withstanding.

But there is no need for it. It is already exposed information at every doctor's office. It's beyond simple "informing," it's an effort to garner consent. If this is merely a health issue, then let doctors handle it. They know their patients and medical history, the county workers dont.

Upvote 0