Democratic overreach.

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟254,621.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I have no doubt that Hitler considered the Jews to be a "public health crisis" to the well-being of Germany. We know who the brown suit wearers are now thankfully.

Wait...Did you just compare public health initiatives with the holocaust? Please tell me I just misread that.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I have no doubt that Hitler considered the Jews to be a "public health crisis" to the well-being of Germany. We know who the brown suit wearers are now thankfully.

Some would disagree with you...

Fox News Host Says Trump Supporters Waving Nazi Flag At Protest Were Just Being ‘Ironic’
nazi-trump-supporters-greg-.jpg

Fox News Host Says Trump Supporters Waving Nazi Flag At Protest Were Just Being ‘Ironic’

Maybe so.

But it seems just insane to compare those trying to save people from dying in the pandemic, with Nazis.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Wait...Did you just compare public health initiatives with the holocaust? Please tell me I just misread that.

Something is really wrong there. Started to suspect a Poe.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

When/if they make good on their word to start going door-to-door and harassing the "unvaccinated" (how do they know?) then yes, I most certainly am.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Some would disagree with you...

nazi-trump-supporters-greg-.jpg

Maybe so.

But it seems just insane to compare those trying to save people from dying in the pandemic, with Nazis.

Some random guy hold a nazi sign, who we have no info on is suppose to prove a universal point?

Let's assume the worst and say this guy is a real Trump supporter who wants Trump to be his personal Fuhrer. Okay fine, he's entitled to his position. The issue is when the government starts acting in a dictatorial, totalitarian, and fascist way that we all should have a problem. The partisan support for forced vaccinations against the will of the recipient proves which side fascism-in-action resides.

• Agree
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,182.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
When/if they make good on their word to start going door-to-door and harassing the "unvaccinated" (how do they know?) then yes, I most certainly am.
You really think going door to door and providing information so people can get vaccinated is the same as rounding up and murdering Jews?

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You really think going door to door and providing information so people can get vaccinated is the same as rounding up and murdering Jews?

It's more than "providing information," it's encouragement and promotion. Soft/passive force is still force. I have never had a government employee on any private property I've resided on that my family didn't first call. This, coupled, with the pending potential of "vaccine passports" is textbook fascism

fascism
noun fas·cism | \ ˈfa-ˌshi-zəm
also ˈfa-ˌsi- \
Definition of fascism
1 often capitalized : a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition
2 : a tendency toward or actual exercise of strong autocratic or dictatorial control early instances of army fascism and brutality— J. W. Aldridge

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Some random guy hold a nazi sign, who we have no info on is suppose to prove a universal point?

According to Fox News. They think Trump supporters are just being ironic when they display swastikas. Apparently, most of them aren't really nazis at all.

Your fears are misplaced. There's a lot of things wrong with them, but that isn't one. Still, your point is well-taken. It doesn't mean that some of them aren't nazis; it just means most of them aren't.

I think most people were shocked when it appeared someone was suggesting that encouraging people to be vaccinated against a deadly disease would be fascist behavior.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It's more than "providing information," it's encouragement and promotion.

This happened when I was a kid, with the polio vaccinations. Of course, adults then were people who actually lived through the period when Nazis were rounding up Jews, and many of them had fought to stop that horror.

So if someone came up with that kind of story then, they might not have taken it as gently as we have.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,427,424.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's more than "providing information," it's encouragement and promotion. Soft/passive force is still force.

Yea, and those public service announcements from the 1950's were akin to COMMUNIST propaganda!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
It's more than "providing information," it's encouragement and promotion.

Promoting public health and welfare is fascism? Explains why the right is against it.

Soft/passive force is still force.

Anyone who actually believes this could theoretically be mugged by telephone.

"Passive" force? Really?

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Promoting public health and welfare is fascism? Explains why the right is against it.

Going door-to-door without permission...absolutely. Why support federal employees coming on private property uninvited?

• Agree
Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yea, and those public service announcements from the 1950's were akin to COMMUNIST propaganda!

Did people come on other's property? Don't misconstrue what I am saying, propaganda on tv, radio, internet is one thing, but when you put boots on the ground and start coming to people's homes uninvited that's even further over the line.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
There was no outrage in Paris over things that had never happened until the Panzers rolled down

Even in the universe of (x is fascism) analogies, this one is not even close.

The "panzers rolled down" in Paris, because Paris (and France) was invaded by its neighbor (Germany) and the tanks were part of the conquering army.

The Panzers weren't a display of power by the local authoritarians trying to impose their will, but rather foreign invaders.

This has nothing to do with the (overwrought) claims that government power will be used to impose vaccinations on people within the country.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Actually it doesn't. If it really was [fascism], you'd think they'd be for it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Going door-to-door without permission...absolutely. Why support federal employees coming on private property uninvited?

Since when does anyone need permission to knock on your door?

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

So you're comparing public health workers with Natzis?

What a disgusting sentiment

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Going out and talking with people dosen't violate privacy.

HIPAA applies to disclosure of private health info.

ding ding ding - we have a winner. Anyone, even the beloved government attempting to get you to disclose private health information _ like if you are vaccinated _ is breaking the law.

Upvote 0