Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From the article-
The comments come as the president threatens to send federal agents to Chicago

Democratic Rep. Bobby Rush on Wednesday accused President Trump of wanting to “instigate a race war” so he could say he was the “grand wizard of the Klu Klux Klan [sic].”

"That's Trump's game plan. Trump wants to instigate a race war,” the Illinois Democrat claimed during an appearance on “The Joe Madison Show” on SiriusXM Wednesday morning. “So he can rise up and say, 'I'm the real grand wizard of the Klu Klux Klan [sic] and I'm the President. Reelect me.' That's what he's trying to do.

“He's trying to play to the fears, to the racial animus that exists among certain White people, and he will do everything and anything to do that, because he wants to be reelected at all costs,” Rush continued.

Rush, who represents Chicago, made the remarks after radio host Joe Madison asked him about federal law enforcement agents potentially being deployed to his city to quell unrest and violence.

“We don’t need federal agents, we need federal aid,” Rush told Madison. “Send some money to create jobs, that will do more to curtail outrage and violence in Chicago than any federal troops or federal agents could possibly do. Send aid, don’t send federal agents.”

Last month, amid criticism of the president’s handling of mass protests following the death of George Floyd, Rush called Trump the “worst thing to happen to the American presidency.”

Continued below.
Dem Rep. Bobby Rush claims Trump 'wants to instigate a race war’

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,583.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yet it is the left encouraging the BLM movement to rebel and riot. As an outsider, something is wrong with this picture. This will end after the election and the political shenanigans designed to manipulate the people are no long needed until 2024

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Trump is an authoritarian strongman wannabe who's had no problems pushing racist buttons in the past, so he's not too far off.
I agree that this is right up Trump's authoritarian dream scenario but I wouldn't be surprised if Stephen Miller is behind this, he's more racist than Trump has ever shown himself to be.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
From the article-
The comments come as the president threatens to send federal agents to Chicago

Democratic Rep. Bobby Rush on Wednesday accused President Trump of wanting to “instigate a race war” so he could say he was the “grand wizard of the Klu Klux Klan [sic].”

"That's Trump's game plan. Trump wants to instigate a race war,” the Illinois Democrat claimed during an appearance on “The Joe Madison Show” on SiriusXM Wednesday morning. “So he can rise up and say, 'I'm the real grand wizard of the Klu Klux Klan [sic] and I'm the President. Reelect me.' That's what he's trying to do.

“He's trying to play to the fears, to the racial animus that exists among certain White people, and he will do everything and anything to do that, because he wants to be reelected at all costs,” Rush continued.

Rush, who represents Chicago, made the remarks after radio host Joe Madison asked him about federal law enforcement agents potentially being deployed to his city to quell unrest and violence.

“We don’t need federal agents, we need federal aid,” Rush told Madison. “Send some money to create jobs, that will do more to curtail outrage and violence in Chicago than any federal troops or federal agents could possibly do. Send aid, don’t send federal agents.”

Last month, amid criticism of the president’s handling of mass protests following the death of George Floyd, Rush called Trump the “worst thing to happen to the American presidency.”

Continued below.
Dem Rep. Bobby Rush claims Trump 'wants to instigate a race war’
It should be clear what the problem is here, send money.

Upvote 0