• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Delusions

St. Paul

Jul 6, 2008
Michigan
✟9,298.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Anyone else suffer from delusions? How do you deal with them? I keep believing ridiculous things that I know can't possibly be true. Yet, for a while I actually believe them to be real. I was on Geodon and it wasn't helping at all. Well, it did for a while and then it wore off and I had delusions again. The doctor just switched me to 15mgs of Abilify but it isn't doing anything for me. I talked to my case manager to let her know I'm still having delusions and she said she'd ask the doctor if he could increase the dosage. I don't know what to say. I'm just rambling on.

Andreas D

Mar 24, 2011
✟7,707.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi. I'm sorry for you that you have delusions. I have had them too but I have found a medication which helps me a lot. And it helped me for years. I'm taking invega paliperidone, it's a quite new expensive medicine which is working pretty good for me.
So believe in God and ask him for healing through prayer. I think that's the most powerful thing in the recovery of your mental illness.

May God bless you and heal you.

Andrej

Upvote 0
May 10, 2011
✟8,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Anyone else suffer from delusions? How do you deal with them? I keep believing ridiculous things that I know can't possibly be true. Yet, for a while I actually believe them to be real. I was on Geodon and it wasn't helping at all. Well, it did for a while and then it wore off and I had delusions again. The doctor just switched me to 15mgs of Abilify but it isn't doing anything for me. I talked to my case manager to let her know I'm still having delusions and she said she'd ask the doctor if he could increase the dosage. I don't know what to say. I'm just rambling on.
many people are deceived by delusions, some more cunning than others, just as the bible says homosexuality is a strong delusion, they trade the truth for a lie, start rebuking the delusion as a lie, ignore any voices and act like nothing these lying spirits are doing, is having any effect on you, I'm speaking from experience, they feed off from your anxiety and fear, put on your best poker face, and rebuke them and the lies they try to feed your mind, and then simply ignore them and the delusion they are putting forth, I have found when they can't get a rise out of you, much like a bully, they will move on to greener pastures, I've not had any trouble for years, but I understand quite clearly how they try to drive people crazy. not giving up is key, refusal of acknowledgement is like poison to them

Upvote 0

RobCrandall

Dec 20, 2011
✟7,727.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
This is what I think: I think that you have enough childlike faith to believe things that sometimes aren't true, and God is pleased with that faith. A lot of people are so rigid in their thinking that they won't even consider some things to be true, like how Jesus could be raised from the dead. What you do is believe so much that it is true for you. Belief is a strong strong thing. I've done the same thing in my life...I believed one time that everyone at work stayed at work for days and days and I was the only one that left, so I wouldn't go home, and they thought I was crazy, but I really genuinely believed it at the time. Maybe God is just testing you to see how deeply you will believe in something. It can cause problems, but it's not all bad. There is a good side to it, if you channel that strong belief into God's Word. God bless, :pray:

Upvote 0

forGod1

Jul 29, 2010
Saskatchewan, Canada
✟9,232.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

You believe it.. because you're insane when you're having a schizophrenic episode. I believed everything too. Schizophrenia is what being crazy is.

Upvote 0

St. Paul

Jul 6, 2008
Michigan
✟9,298.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm experiencing delusions again. I went 3 days thinking I was Jesus. I was going to bring peace on earth, teach everyone to love one another, and confront the scumbag politicians in Washington for not helping the poor enough. LOL! Don't ask me how I was going to do all this. I just felt like it was mission from God. I also believed I could heal people. Which was pretty cool. It's really fun thinking you can actually heal people. I was at my friends apartment. He lives in an old folks low income apartment complex. He introduced me to a few people and I was sure to shake their hand or put a hand on their shoulder to "heal" them.

I also think the government is monitoring and following me. It's bizarre. I think people are following me when I'm driving. Unfortunately, I'm still experiencing this paranoia. It's lasted for a couple of weeks now.

My latest delusion is I think God is communicating to me through the TV and internet. He told me to donate to certain charities and give more money to my Church. I was told to help the poor but I'm poor myself! I told him it takes money to do all that but I only get $734 for social security disability each month and I earn an extra $240 from my part-time job. So God told me I would win publishers clearing house. So I'm probably slowly losing my mind.

Upvote 0

redblue22

You Are Special.
Jan 13, 2012
✟73,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
you seem to be doing pretty good actually. I mean, if you were delusional, you wouldn't be here writing saying that you are delusional. you would just believe the delusion was true and not a delusion, and that would be that.

Upvote 0

St. Paul

Jul 6, 2008
Michigan
✟9,298.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
It's odd. I made a deal with God. I told him if I win publishers clearing house that I would take care of my friend because he is disabled like me. It's really sad. His parents don't really care about him. And when they pass away, his brother is a jerk to him and would never take care of him. So I promised God I would look after him and take care of him.

I'm also going to start a non-profit business to help the poor and those less fortunate. I'm going to call it "Jesus Christ Services."

I've already started pricing houses. I'm just going to get a nice decent size home around $125,000 because I want most of the money to go to the poor and those less fortunate. I'm also going to bring peace on earth, teach everyone to love one another, and confront the scumbag politicians in Washington for not helping the poor and elderly enough.

Upvote 0
K

kittyc

When I went shopping or eating at restaurants, I often have the belief that the salesperson or waiter is inwardly against me because they can spot that I am mentally ill and that my glasses look foreign. Today I went to a boutique at a mall, and the girl who was cleaning sprayed cleaning solution on my feet as I walked past and didn't say a word, the girl at a popular clothing store was unusually attentive to me, at the department store in line, there was this very tall weird guy who wanted to get my attention almost in an intimidating way when I was very tired. One time I went to the park and this weirdo who fished with a group of men left the group and followed me and my dog and casted the hook right near where I was walking past. My neighbors are mostly friendly though sometimes a bit nosy, the men sometimes creep me out a bit. Sometimes I am even creeped out by my own father. He seems to think of me as his sister, classmate, colleague rather than his own daughter, and that creeps me out. Luckily recently I bought myself some self-defense items just in case and which make me feel a bit safer. I pray to God to protect me whenever I go out. I am not going to let my condition from preventing me for being grateful to God for everything, and for going out and interacting with people!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
delusions suck ( i like them sometimes). i just wonder how many more I can take before I just think God is a delusion too. cause those feelings are stronger than ever. it seems no matter what i do, that I am no closer to being right with Jesus. funny because i thought I was talking to him and him to me days ago.

parts of me just want to end this life, if there is no point in it. God is the only real point, I don't wanna hurt friends and family by dying but I wonder how long that will delay me. but I don't want to hurt anyone by dying, it could cause a lot of bad things with my friends and family if I die but how long can i bare this pain of not being close to God, am I really so fake with God? maybe i can just talk to them and convince them that i should kill myself.

if I can't be right with God then why should I live anyways? I get sick of thinking everything is ok and then seeing that nothing is ok. I have no solution. so sick of going on, but it never seems to end! now I just wonder what the next delusion will be for me, because now I am at the point to where i don't even think i can learn the truth because all I get are delusions.

I can tell I mostly contain my craziness in my mind, i got it under check for the most part. but maybe I should just let it take over me, if God don't wanna make me better then i should just get worse! i won't kill myself, not yet!

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
HAHA I am in a better place. depression it has no hold on me anymore. my so-called delusions..., I prefer not to trust anything but GOD. because now I see the light, that my delusions were wicked when I did not put God first in all things, since he is my Husband. but when I put God first in all things, my "delusions" are in fact... very pure. because all things are pure in Christ, and all things are made new in Christ.

everything we go through is only for us to trust in God and to be with God.

the world says that God is a delusion. well my Love for God, the only one I want, my husband.... I don't mind being precieved as crazy, if I gain God.

now I noticed that, the only time I really feel like i'm crazy and in delusions, is when I start trusting in the ways that the world says reality functions. and when i trust in things that say "God does not care or love me", that is when I go insane. my delusions are very very strong, when I see that men are right and that God will not talk to me, because it is not a seeing at all but rather more like a snare of doubt and hopelessness. now don't get me wrong, there are bad delusions and good ones. but anything that has God as the head, is good. because only God is good.

and your delusions will be turned into Joy, if you only cling to GOD and never trust in anything besides GOD. and only seek GOD and despise your own opinions... and God can make a seemingly sick person completely well, even if they still don't look well according to the world.

but people of this world would not believe that God talked with His prophets in the OT, but those peoples faith would have to be very weak for them to trust peoples opinions over the saints of God.

so put God first in all things, and you will be lead the right way by God.

Upvote 0