✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A VERY dangerous statement to make.
Not really. The danger is in promoting false prophecy. You need to find and exception to the gifts coming ONLY through an apostle's hands besides the two outpourings.

Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not really. The danger is in promoting false prophecy. You need to find and exception to the gifts coming ONLY through an apostle's hands besides the two outpourings.
Promoting false prophecy is not an unforgivable sin.

Attributing genuine acts of the Holy Spirit to other sources is.

I'm going to mute you now, so I don't have to listen to any more such heresy.

Upvote 0

swordsman1

May 3, 2015
✟252,747.00
Faith
Christian
Are you suggesting that Jesus might not be continuously communing with the Holy Spirit inside of Him?

I made no such suggestion. You (and Strong in him) were the ones suggesting that Jesus silently prayed for healing before people were healed. The onus is on you to prove it, not for me to prove he didn't.

Upvote 0

Hillsage

One 4 Him & Him 4 all
Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2009
The land of OZ
✟322,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Wide and broad is the path to destruction. Understanding the goodness and the mercy of the Lord towards the humble and repentant is lost on all who want to have it their way. I lean on His goodness and mercy.
Actually it is a "gate" and not a 'path'. And the destruction/apoleia (Gr) of many is simply their end as Christians who continue to kick against the truth of scripture to follow the false 'doctrines and commandments of' carnal minded 'men'...of God. :doh:

MAT 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction/apoleia, and many there be which go in thereat:

ROM 9:22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction/apoleia:

2PE 3:16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction/apoleia.

That's what is truly so sad for me, concerning them. But sad doesn't dictate a mushy resistance of their rebellious ignorance, anymore than Jesus was mushy for the religious pharisees of his day.

• Agree
Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Tell me Dave, if God is your Father, when was the last time you heard Him speak to you?

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Actually it is a "gate" and not a 'path'. And the destruction/apoleia (Gr) of many is simply their end as Christians who continue to kick against the truth of scripture to follow the false 'doctrines and commandments of' carnal minded 'men'...of God. :doh:

MAT 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction/apoleia, and many there be which go in thereat:

ROM 9:22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction/apoleia:

2PE 3:16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction/apoleia.

That's what is truly so sad for me, concerning them. But sad doesn't dictate a mushy resistance of their rebellious ignorance, anymore than Jesus was mushy for the religious pharisees of his day.
I sit at my PC corrected.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Meaning what please?
You said tell us of healings you've seen today. Many have actually done that in this very thread, and they are called liars by disbelievers because they don't have it on affidavit or tape. A Christian's word is worthless - especially to other Christians!

• Agree
Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
You said tell us of healings you've seen today. Many have actually done that in this very thread, and they are called liars by disbelievers because they don't have it on affidavit or tape. A Christian's word is worthless - especially to other Christians!
Yes, but your accusation was aimed at me, accusing me of unbelief. -
"As if you would believe him if he did."
I have always argued for the continuation of the gifts and always stand behind those who testify to them!

Upvote 0

Joy

May 21, 2004
B'ham
✟1,403,923.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
MOD HAT ON