Jul 23, 2010
Brighton UK
Visit site
✟7,629.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm 74 and have been a committed Christian for over 50 years.
I found this site while googling for Aspergers Syndrome (High Functioning Autism).
In one sense I have been outside the walls of traditional Christianity for some 40 years and no longer attend 'church'. It was in 2003 that I first became aware of what was then being referred to as the "out of church Christians" - and is more often now referred to as the emerging / emergent church - or maybe the house church movement.

I was treasurer of an Anglican parish for 8 years in the 1960's but became disillusioned. Later I was a member of a Sabbath keeping church for nearly 20 years until that church announced in 1995 that much of it's theology was wrong.

I was forced to reconsider just about everything I had ever been taught (for the second time) - and I do have what some people would call a few heretical views.

I have drawn together quite a lot of the story of my Christian journey on my blog and web site - and given links on my profile.

I think it would be fair to say that I have a bit of a reputation for asking the awkward questions to which there are no easy answers.

Upvote 0

EmmyLu

Jun 23, 2006
Australia
✟7,673.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I found this site while googling for Aspergers Syndrome (High Functioning Autism).
In one sense I have been outside the walls of traditional Christianity for some 40 years and no longer attend 'church'. It was in 2003 that I first became aware of what was then being referred to as the "out of church Christians" - and is more often now referred to as the emerging / emergent church - or maybe the house church movement.

I was treasurer of an Anglican parish for 8 years in the 1960's but became disillusioned. Later I was a member of a Sabbath keeping church for nearly 20 years until that church announced in 1995 that much of it's theology was wrong.

I was forced to reconsider just about everything I had ever been taught (for the second time) - and I do have what some people would call a few heretical views.

I have drawn together quite a lot of the story of my Christian journey on my blog and web site - and given links on my profile.

I think it would be fair to say that I have a bit of a reputation for asking the awkward questions to which there are no easy answers.

Hello Pete,
Great to see you on here!
It's great to ask questions, means you are enticied by God!
That is some church history, but from many people I know a persons church history can be often 'colourful'.
Do you not want to go to a church for fellowship? Or do you have fellowship without church?
The Anglican church and Sabbath keeping chures are the more 'structured' churches, and so I reccommend people find a church/denomination that suits their needs instead of doctrinal past.
Bless you
Emma

Upvote 0

xGodsGracex

Aug 2, 2010
UK
✟7,876.00
Faith
Pentecostal
hi :wave:

I'm new and still finding my way around. This site seems huuuuge!

Anyway I'd like to receive deeper fellowship.

I consider myself a Christian and I was blessed, (baptised), when I was 18.

I always believed but for the most part never went church for many reasons.

But for a while now I've come to realise that being among fellow believers is a good thing. I believe in God absolutely and I'd dearly like to be around people who are strong in their faith and will not compromise God's words and recieve that deeper fellowship.

Please pray I'd continue to be saved and I will do the same for you. :prayer:

Upvote 0

Janet842

May 11, 2010
Colorado
✟7,816.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi, I'm Janet and if I could say one thing about myself it's that I've often been perceived by other believers as acting foolishly for the things I do as I grow in the Lord and in faith. (I guess I'm in good company, after all, Peter did try walking on water!) I'll post my thunderstorm story in here one of these days so you can judge for yourself! LOL!

Upvote 0

Vacevez45

May 21, 2010
Austin, Texas
✟15,115.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello everyone I'm New to the forums. I joined a couple months ago and never really used it just looking to share some of my views and listen others share theirs about the God we all serve and love hopefully have some fellowship and lift the name of the Lord.:clap:

Upvote 0

Cephar

Bible Student
Sep 9, 2010
Ohio
✟7,746.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello :wave:

Just recently turned 21, a year old Christian. It hasn't been easy, because within the same year God's really flipped my world upside down, and at the same time answered my most profound questions. He's continually dealing with me, and helping me become more and more like Him. And there's no other place I'd rather be. I'm definitely in a far better place than I was yesterday. :)

I seek deeper fellowship with Him, as well as with other fellow Christians.

Upvote 0
G

groktruth

Sounds like we could be friends. The leaven of the pharisees, which I understand to be the spirit of hypocrisy, is an evil that thrives on the avoidance of awkward questions. We do well to remenber our Lord's statement to His disciples that there was much He wanted to tell them, but they could not bear to hear it! This was after they had been with Him three years! So, the truth is painful, often unbearably so.

I conclude that wisdom is knowing where to begin, what truth I can bear that will prepare me for that which is unbearable. The good news is that if I ask for such wisdom, I'm sure of an answer.

So, where do you encourage we begin?

Upvote 0
G

groktruth

Here is a short bio, to introduce myself.

I'm 68, met the Lord in 1959, backslid in 1963, was recovered in 1972, and have been a serious follower of Jesus since. In the meantime, I was granted a doctorate in philosophy, specialty Biomathematics, all at the expense of the American taxpayer. I was sent forth with the admonishment that I was both authorized and obligated to stand up for the truth. After 12 years as a theoretical ecologist, I took up applied epistemology, being the rules for knowing how much of any given statement is true. My hope is to be set free from sin by the truth. I yearn for glory, honor, and immortality, and hate hypocrisy and politics.

I have a lot of "church" and "relational" history, mostly a record of redeemed failures. Progress has mostly been in the areas of the spiritual gift of prophecy, and praying the fervent effectual prayer of the righteous. Understanding and restoration of foundational issues, such as the purpose and proper use of the scriptures, discerning true and false gospels, true and false "churches," the righteous and the wicked, sins and sins unto death, has been the main focus of my studies.

I am working my salvation out with fear and trembling. It seems clear that this work can not be successfully done alone. So, consider what the Lord would have you share and I commit myself to gratefully try to understand.

Hope the Lord sees fit to have us help one another.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Magentic

Apr 29, 2007
✟8,307.00
Faith
Christian
Sounds like we could be friends. The leaven of the pharisees, which I understand to be the spirit of hypocrisy, is an evil that thrives on the avoidance of awkward questions. We do well to remenber our Lord's statement to His disciples that there was much He wanted to tell them, but they could not bear to hear it! This was after they had been with Him three years! So, the truth is painful, often unbearably so.

I conclude that wisdom is knowing where to begin, what truth I can bear that will prepare me for that which is unbearable. The good news is that if I ask for such wisdom, I'm sure of an answer.

So, where do you encourage we begin?
The beginning of wisdom is fear of the Lord, without creates a labyrinth of human wisdom.To revere God is also to trust in Him. Proverbs 3:5-8 charges us to trust in Jehovah with all our heart and not to rely on our own understanding. In all our ways we should acknowledge Him, and He will make our paths straight.
We shouldn't be wise in our own eyes; we should fear Jehovah and depart from evil. This will be healing to our body and refreshment to our bones.
He who gives heed to the word will find good, and blessed is he who trusts in Jehovah Prov 16:20

Welcome to all the newbies.

Upvote 0
G

groktruth

The beginning of wisdom is fear of the Lord, without creates a labyrinth of human wisdom.To revere God is also to trust in Him. Proverbs 3:5-8 charges us to trust in Jehovah with all our heart and not to rely on our own understanding. In all our ways we should acknowledge Him, and He will make our paths straight.
We shouldn't be wise in our own eyes; we should fear Jehovah and depart from evil. This will be healing to our body and refreshment to our bones.
He who gives heed to the word will find good, and blessed is he who trusts in Jehovah Prov 16:20

Welcome to all the newbies.

Well, the fear of the Lord is indeed the proscribed place to begin. But, it's a little, maybe a lot, scary.

If we stop at "revering" God, it seems safe enough. But what about the wrath of God? Jesus told His disciples to "fear Him, who after He kills the body, throws the soul into Hell." Should we read those books by people who say they have visited Hell?

But then, we have verses such as "the fear of the Lord is to hate evil." And, "the fear of the lord is instruction in wisdom." (Been in my concordance!) These seem like doable goals. Hating evil seems like the right thing to do, but I watch a lot of movies. And, where would I be without the many mentors that I have had?

The good news you mention, healing etc, as rewards for fearing God, are encourageing. Again, my concordance search came up with lots of blessings for those who fear God. Maybe we should make a list.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟311,347.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hey, you all know me anyway, just i never noticed this topic. I felt compelled to write in it when I did though :)

Hi, I just joined today and although I've been a Christian for 4 years, fellowship is something I still struggle with, I'm glad I found this site :clap:

I always find Fellowship is the one I never watch when Channel 4 shows them all once a year. It's a typical "setting up the story" film - lots of introduction and not much else. And once you know the story, it just seems sort of boring.
Welcome :wave:

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟311,347.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I always find Fellowship is the one I never watch when Channel 4 shows them all once a year. It's a typical "setting up the story" film - lots of introduction and not much else. And once you know the story, it just seems sort of boring.
Try channel 3...that's the family channel ;)

Upvote 0
G

groktruth

From God's perspective, our fellowship brings hope that we will grow in faith, and not backslide. And, as we grow in love for one another, in unity, we fulfill His hope that we will become more fruitful, and others will know we are His disciples, and will know that He loves them and has salvation for them. As recipients of the seed of His life, we are supposed to bring increase to His Kingdom, 30, 60, even 100 fold. But we need each other to do so.

When Jesus was instructing His disciples in the gospel, He began by telling them that "All authority in heaven and earth had been given to Him. Therefore,...." Everything depends, He said, on our faith and understanding that He has all the authority in heaven and earth in His hands. Our deeper fellowship is found as we take our place with Him "...at the Father's right hand, far above all rule, and authority, and power and dominion, and every name that is named, in this age and the age to come."

So, let's talk about this. There are lost souls, the 30-100 fold fruitfulness each of us is to hope and work for, that are waiting for our deeper fellowship to do what it was designed for. There are governments that we are to rule over with Him, that are awaiting our "fervent, effectual prayers" so that they can work to the good of the governed, and to God's kingdom. When we put all our gifts together, can we doubt that He will use us?

Hope with me for glorious stuff! :)

Upvote 0