Jan 2, 2013
Madison, WI
✟15,165.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello, Parsonsmom!

I am so glad to join in with BlackThroneBlade's request about how to praise Jesus, as God. It seems that Psalm 19, if read out loud and even recited from memory, is a great way to see through the entirety of creation what it means to praise the Lord. It is a Psalm that can be recited quietly when you are alone, and out loud when you are with a crowd of people. It is a Psalm that for me has always made it apparent why praising the Lord with the mouth, by lifting the hands, by clapping hands, with musical instruments, by dancing, while standing or lying down...are all amazing things that we should never take for granted: The bodies that we humans are were created by life in His world, and therefore the work of our language bearing mouths(the ability to declare to others, the ability to sing) and our hands(make and play musical instruments) and our feet(dancing, standing up, lying down) all came from Him who made us.

Speaking for myself, Psalm 19 is one I love reciting to myself . Here's the NIV version:
"1 The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. 2 Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge. 3 There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard. 4 Their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world. In the heavens he has pitched a tent for the sun, 5 which is like a bridegroom coming forth from his pavilion, like a champion rejoicing to run his course. 6 It rises at one end of the heavens and makes its circuit to the other; nothing is hidden from its heat. 7 The law of the LORD is perfect, reviving the soul. The statutes of the LORD are trustworthy, making wise the simple. 8 The precepts of the LORD are right, giving joy to the heart. The commands of the LORD are radiant, giving light to the eyes. 9 The fear of the LORD is pure, enduring forever. The ordinances of the LORD are sure and altogether righteous. 10 They are more precious than gold, than much pure gold; they are sweeter than honey, than honey from the comb. 11 By them is your servant warned; in keeping them there is great reward. 12 Who can discern his errors? Forgive my hidden faults. 13 Keep your servant also from willful sins; may they not rule over me. Then will I be blameless, innocent of great transgression. 14 May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer."

There's a lot to meditate on in this Psalm and I can't think of a better way to begin a day of work and play, a day of living.

Respectfully as well I hope and trust,
Christianemploymentseeker

Upvote 0

Castaway57

Born Twice
Mar 29, 2012
✟18,579.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
Hi; I am signing in to this forum, if it's OK I have many severe trials in life right now, and would appreciate this kind of forum to visit a bit.

The reason I even mentioned having the trials, is that inspite of them; "the Lord is my Light;" (Micah 7:8), and I hope to share for the purpose of encouragement for others, as well as to strengthen myself. So howdy all. :)

Upvote 0

parsonsmom

Aug 14, 2011
✟8,318.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Hello, Parsonsmom!

I am so glad to join in with BlackThroneBlade's request about how to praise Jesus, as God. It seems that Psalm 19, if read out loud and even recited from memory, is a great way to see through the entirety of creation what it means to praise the Lord. It is a Psalm that can be recited quietly when you are alone, and out loud when you are with a crowd of people. It is a Psalm that for me has always made it apparent why praising the Lord with the mouth, by lifting the hands, by clapping hands, with musical instruments, by dancing, while standing or lying down...are all amazing things that we should never take for granted: The bodies that we humans are were created by life in His world, and therefore the work of our language bearing mouths(the ability to declare to others, the ability to sing) and our hands(make and play musical instruments) and our feet(dancing, standing up, lying down) all came from Him who made us.

Speaking for myself, Psalm 19 is one I love reciting to myself . Here's the NIV version:
"1 The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. 2 Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge. 3 There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard. 4 Their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world. In the heavens he has pitched a tent for the sun, 5 which is like a bridegroom coming forth from his pavilion, like a champion rejoicing to run his course. 6 It rises at one end of the heavens and makes its circuit to the other; nothing is hidden from its heat. 7 The law of the LORD is perfect, reviving the soul. The statutes of the LORD are trustworthy, making wise the simple. 8 The precepts of the LORD are right, giving joy to the heart. The commands of the LORD are radiant, giving light to the eyes. 9 The fear of the LORD is pure, enduring forever. The ordinances of the LORD are sure and altogether righteous. 10 They are more precious than gold, than much pure gold; they are sweeter than honey, than honey from the comb. 11 By them is your servant warned; in keeping them there is great reward. 12 Who can discern his errors? Forgive my hidden faults. 13 Keep your servant also from willful sins; may they not rule over me. Then will I be blameless, innocent of great transgression. 14 May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer."

There's a lot to meditate on in this Psalm and I can't think of a better way to begin a day of work and play, a day of living.

Respectfully as well I hope and trust,
Christianemploymentseeker

Thank you Christianemployment;

Jesus is coming soon; we need to stay prepared;

Jesus is your High Preast.
Heb.6-13,
Jesus has entered in for us in advance, a Forerunner having become a High Priest forever after the order with the rank; of Melchizedek;
Lets look at the teachings and doctrine of Christ the Messiah;toward the completeness and perfection that belong to spiritual maturity. Let us not again be laying the foundation of repentance; and Be of the faith; by which you turned to God; With teachings about purifying; the laying on of hands; the resurrection from the dead; and eternal judgment and punishment.
These are all matters of which we should have been fully aware long, long ago. we will now; put on the full armor God; For it is impossible to restore and bring again to repentance; those who have been once for all enlightened, who have consciously tasted the heavenly gift and have become sharers of the Holy Spirit, And have Known how good the Word of God is; and the mighty powers of the age and world to come; If they then deviate from the faith and turn away from their allegiance--it is impossible to bring them back to repentance; because, while; as long as they nail upon the cross the Son of God afresh; as far as they are concerned; and are holding Him up to contempt and shame and public disgrace.

There is one greek word translated "POWER" In THE NEW TESTAMENT. W.E Vine's Explository Dictionary of New Testiment Words shows that the Greek word translated power here is a word translated"Authority".
He is also our HighPreast
Matthew 28: 18-20
Jesus said, "ALL AUTHORITY is given to me in heaven and earth".
If we stop reading there we might say, Thank God, Jesus has all the authority in heaven and earth,

all is up to Him to do every thing, because He has it all; That is true; but He Has given His name to the Church.
we are to do His work here on earth.

And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places; Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named; not only in this world, but also in that which is to come: And has put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church, Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in alBut that is not all Jesus said;
Immediately He authorized the Church to go forth in
His name;
He said All authority; all power of rule; in heaven and on earth has been given to Me; Go then and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

Teaching them to observe everything that I have commanded you, and behold, I am with you; all the days; perpetually, uniformly, and on every occasion; to the very close and consummation of the age. Amen; So let it be. Respectfully; Parsonsmom.

Upvote 0

BrotherDC

Please pray for me and those around me.
Jun 8, 2013
✟2,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi; I am signing in to this forum, if it's OK I have many severe trials in life right now, and would appreciate this kind of forum to visit a bit.

The reason I even mentioned having the trials, is that inspite of them; "the Lord is my Light;" (Micah 7:8), and I hope to share for the purpose of encouragement for others, as well as to strengthen myself. So howdy all. :)

:thumbsup: Amen brother, that's why im here too. :)

Upvote 0

Terry M

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
✟7,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi all, I only joined a month or so ago - and primarily because of a new book I published - and wanting to share it. I haven't been involved in forums for many years, and despite my original intention I am really encouraged by a lot of the love and wisdome that comes through in some of the threads I've followed. I had my mission, but I think God's is bigger. Love it here. Blessings. Terry M

Last edited:
Upvote 0

parsonsmom

Aug 14, 2011
✟8,318.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
A good morning to you All. I m a 77 year young lady; Love The Word, am doing Prayers for the difficult times. Hope fully you will read them out loud; so your spirit can pick up as it should; We as we train our spirit in the word to give us a stead fastness; that will stand in difficult times; to establish us when it is hard to read; our flesh sometimes does not want to here; The first is Protection in times of adverse situations; and they are here.

91 ps.
I urge; then; first of all; that petitions; prayers; intercession; and thanksgiving; be made for all people—for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior. I want to post some prayer on here that we can all agree;
Brennie Is in agreement with me; We need to read the prayers out the loud; so your faith can grow in the Word; When we pray the words out loud; we establish it in the earth; I am using Psalms 91. for us; so we and the Forum; are covered with pray.
When we speak the Word; our spirit hears; and our faith rises.
Psalm 91
When I dwell in the secret place of the Most High; you shall remain stable and fixed under the shadow of the Almighty God; Whose power no foe can withstand; I will say of the Lord; He is my Refuge; and my Fortress; my God; on Him I lean and rely;and in Him I confidently trust; For then He will deliver you from the snare of the devil; and from the deadly evils; Then He will cover with His pinions, and under His wings shall I trust and find refuge; His truth and His faithfulness are a shield and a buckler; I shall not be afraid of the terror of the night, nor of the arrow; the evil plots; and slanders of the wicked that flies by day; Nor of the pestilence that stalks in darkness, nor of the destruction and sudden death that surprise and lay waste at noonday; A thousand may fall at my side; and ten thousand at your right hand; but it shall not
come near me; Only a spectator shall you be yourself; inaccessible in the secret place of the Most High; as I witness the reward of the wicked; Because I have made the Lord; my refuge; and the most High my dwelling place; There shall no evil befall me; nor any plague or calamity come near my tent; For He will give His angels; especial charge
over me; to accompany; and defend; and preserve; me; in all your ways of obedience; and service; They shall bear me up on their hands; lest I dash my foot against a stone; I shall tread upon the lion and adder; the young lion and the serpent; shall trample underfoot;
Thus says Almighty God; Because he has set his love upon Me; I deliver him; I will set him on high because he knows and understands My name; and has a personal; knowledge of My mercy; love; and kindness; he trusts and relies on Me; knowing I will never forsake him; no; never; He shall call upon Me; and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him; With long life will I satisfy him and show him My salvation. Father; I declare That no weapon shall be formed against me;
shall Prosper; I will see my enemies come against me; one way; they will flee seven; and Father Thank and Praise you; and I consider it done; as I stand praying I believe I receive; in Jesus name. Amen; so be it .

Upvote 0
Jan 2, 2013
Madison, WI
✟15,165.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Greetings and God Bless You, Parsonsmom!

I'm so grateful to see this Psalm during this very challenging summer of 2013 on the North American continent with its weather woes, and the need to keep on working and living in the heat wave, while the lawnmower is repaired, and the computer receives its backup, and the neighbor's child recovers from his fever, and her husband bravely starts a new job however difficult finding steady work is for him. The blessings of the Lord are in all the abilities we humans find that we have and all that we are able to learn as we struggle, and we go on courageously despite the many challenges. I am 62 years young myself and quite happy to have read this Psalm out loud several times, and start my next day of living in Madison, Wisconsin, on Sunday, July 21, 2013.

Thank you very much and God Bless You again, Parsonsmom!
(I do, however, have a question: Which version of the Bible do you quote Psalm 91 from?)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GodsGirlToday61

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2013
✟24,759.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone. I rededicated my life to Christ a few months ago--got saved when I was 8 and I am 52 now. My husband and I have found what seems to be a church based on doing what Jesus Christ tells us--feed the homeless (my husband is going with the pastor and some others tonight to do that), and helping the poor, being welcoming to non-believers and lifting them up--and especially their children--so that we can perhaps guide them to Jesus Christ...

I need to be an active part of the Body of Christ 'daily', and it isn't possible, face-to-face, every day, for me as I am disabled, do not drive, have other stumbling blocks to that, so perhaps this Deeper Fellowship sub-section of Believers will help 'us' as we are the body:

I love, always think of, the song by Casting Crowns called If We Are the Body. It is a sermon in itself, and a very loving one, too.

~ Carolyn

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sweet Art

Sep 22, 2013
✟15,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
with so many internet sites, blogs, statuses etc it really Is refreshing to find this one... I have separated myself from the church after being burnt out.. sought refuge in the world.. I was left dry and empty.. alone seeking him, After much growth and debate .. Ive come to realise we are all blind mice looking for a father. our passion stirs at the glimpses He gives .. but there is still so much more.. I find myself desperate to connect with those who Love Him - im tired of pointless philosophies of nothing.. Like Elijah that ran away and hid in a cave.. in my arrogance .. God has thousands that have not bowed - God bless u

Upvote 0

GodsGirlToday61

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2013
✟24,759.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
^^ Welcome, Sweet Art

I hope you connect with some brothers and sisters in Christ with whom you can share encouragement :thumbsup:

This is a huge Forum, so come play some games in the Friendship Court--you meet some likable people there (including me) :) And from there, you may deepen fellowship or get pointers on where to go, and hey, share some music too, whatever helps us have innocent fun, fellowship, and a deeper connection with The Body of Christ. :clap:

~ Carolyn

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums