✟335,989.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
" Please sign in for an introduction to deeper fellowship forum."

Edification means uplifting enlightment.

So we ask that it be kept to that.

We ask that debatable material be left on the debate forums, no intimadation that causes others to leave the forum to give place to bully tactics, and that a peaceful, safe environment be maintained.

Welcome to the forum and God bless your time here. Please abide by this in Jesus' love."

This statement has been approved and stickied by The Princess Bride , Supervisor over Edification. :)

Reactions: matreshka

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,989.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello!:wave:
Thanks for the welcome.

Hi,

I'm new to this forum. What do you do here?
Hi welcome. I think we are in the process of getting the other sign-in thread put on sticky. What do we do? We encourage, praise Jesus, there is a new prayer thread etc. We would like to allow the Spirit to do more than what we do ourselves!
HOXmasItextangelpraying-vi.gif

Upvote 0

The Princess Bride

Legend
Site Supporter
May 2, 2005
Georgia
✟69,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hello,
Just wanted to welcome all newcomers to Deeper Felloship.

I'm Heather, one of the Supervisors over Edifcation forums.

My PM box is always open for any questions or concerns you may have, so feel free to contact me.

:wave:

Upvote 0

blankgirl

Jan 12, 2007
✟16,470.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
HI! im not exactly new. but yeah kinda new. HAHA. im feeling very hyper today! HI EVERYONE. im from malaysia. currently im doing a levels in college. im struggling with a lot of issues currently and i ve been seeing His grace in anew way each time. God is real!

Upvote 0

SpringFlower2

Mar 7, 2007
✟15,177.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello and blessings to all,

I am new here, almost a month old. It is my desire to grow in Him and become more like Him so a 'deeper fellowship' is just in order.
I believe God loves it when we seek to deepen our relationship with Him every day.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Eph429

Mar 31, 2007
Cape Town
✟10,353.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Howzit everyone!!!! My turn now :clap: All praise, honour and glory belong to our Father, who is Almighty, All powerfull and All loving. I love Him so much. He is my husband, the Father to my children. He loved me enough not to leave me where I was, and sent His only Son to die for me, even though I never knew Him. I came accross such an awesome scripture the other day, it amazes me that no matter how much you read the bible, there is always something new. A revelation. Read Prov 8:12-36. Every day I marvel at who our God is. He's wonderful, awesome, true, beautiful, so mighty and so powerful, and yet He love us so much. "What is man that He is mindful of us?" We are made in His image. Thank You Father, for your tender mercies which are new everymorning, and for Your Grace which is so sufficient. I praise Your Holy Name, for ever.:clap:

Upvote 0

Wordgazer

Jan 29, 2007
Oregon
✟7,884.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ahhh. This, this is what I was looking for when I joined CF. Can't think why I didn't visit this section before. . .

I don't want to discuss church practices or debate interpretations of Scripture (not that there's anything wrong with that)-- I just want to talk about Jesus with other people who love Him like I do.

So glad I found this. I'll be hanging around. :wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Wordgazer

Jan 29, 2007
Oregon
✟7,884.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi. I'm new and feeling a little lost. In my faith and in this site... It is huge.
Aww, I know what you mean, JCmyFriend. This is the biggest forum I've ever been in, and it's easy to feel overwhelmed. So far I've figured out to try to find one or two subforums where you feel comfortable and try to get to know the people who regularly post there.

As for lost in your faith, tell us about it and maybe we can help. . .

Upvote 0

peetred

Feb 28, 2007
✟7,740.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hello everyone. Me and my husband both visit christianforums.com . We live in Nebraska and have one son. We were both saved in January and my husband is a Bible College Student, studying to get into ministry. Nice to meet everyone!

Upvote 0

JCmyFriend

Apr 8, 2007
Sydney, AU
✟7,752.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As for lost in your faith, tell us about it and maybe we can help. . .

Thanks wordgazer. I'm Donna by the way.

Well.... where do I start ?

I have been a Christian for almost 9 years. I still remember what it felt like when I first accepted Christ into my life and how on fire I felt. I wanted to take on the world and introduce them to the best friend that they would ever have... Jesus. But now, I have backslidden and don't know how to get back. God has taken a backseat in my life and I always find more impotant things to do, rather than spend time with him. I sin everyday and feel like such a hypocite for it. I want to be someone my children can look up to and can learn from, but I lack discipline and Satan always seems to be one step ahead of me. I have been Married for 3 years and desperately want Hubby to grow with me. I encourage him and know that when he was getting his life on track with God, I was growing too. He encouraged and inspired me to grow and be the best I could. But like me he has let God take a backseat too. I have always dreamt of marrying a spiritual leader and my Hubby would encourage and take the initiative to lead us spiritually. I seem to have taken on that role and it is really getting me down as it is not how I saw my marriage panning out. During our early days of marriage, he was great. He was exactly what I wanted in a spiritual leader. But somewhere, somehow things changed. I want the Hubby back who was on fire for God and lead us. The Hubby who had the same desire to lead our children to know and love our lord. I feel like I am walking thir road alone and it saddens me that I have had to take on the spiritual role. I guess I feel a little lost and a lot drained.

Thanyou for listening. It helps to get it out. Am I expecting too much ?

Blessings, Donna

Reactions: J4Jesus
Upvote 0

Ariel

Servant
Apr 4, 2004
West Texas
✟77,274.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Donna, I was there once, wanting my husband to lead, hoping he would take his place in the Lord. But when he didn't, I decided that I had better not get ahead of him--so we both backslid

I was so wrong. It would have been better for both of us if I had just kept on growing, no matter what he did. Because eventually my growth would have touched him, and made him hungry to go back and take his place.

And eventually that is what happened. I got sick of backsliding and waiting for him. I decided that this had been the wrong decision. Instead, I decided to get back to the Lord.

At first it was tough. I'm convinced that reading the Word and praying every day is similar to working out. In both spheres, physical and spiritual, it is better to take little steps than to expect so much of yourself that you are overwhelmed.

What would happen if you got up tomorrow and, after months of not working out, you decided to go out for a five-mile run? Well, you wouldn't do it the next day, right? It would seem overwhelmingly difficult to you.

Instead, take little steps. Just begin reading the Word again. May I suggest the book of John? Read just one chapter a day. Take it slowly. This is God's love letter to you, so pray through it as you read, just thanking the Lord for His Word, and thanking Him that He promised to teach you, and thanking Him for every blessing you find as you read.

So you will start talking to Him again. The fastest way into prayer I've found is just to thank Him for every thing He's given you. It makes sense, because Psalm 100 says, "Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise, be thankful to Him, and bless His name" (Ps. 100:4). Just be thankful, and bless His name.

Remember that any sin you confess is forgiven the moment you confess it, for 1 John 1:9 says, "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from ALL unrighteousness." As you confess, He cleanses. I went through a period in my life where I didn't think I was clean. One night I heard Him say, "You are clean because I made you so." I finally saw it. I confessed, He cleansed. By thinking I wasn't clean, was I saying that the blood of Jesus that cleanses me wasn't good enough? Of course it was!

When you are coming back to the Father, he doesn't say, no, you don't have the right robes on, or no, you're not doing it right. He aches for you to come back. His heart hurts for you. Go back. He loves you so tenderly and so much. He will help you. As you cry out to Him, He is there, and He will lift you up and help you overcome every enemy.

One more thing. I later found the reason I was right to go back to the Lord, whether my husband did or not. It's in 1 Corinthians 7:14 where it says, "For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband; otherwise your children would be unclean, but now they are holy." According to this, it only takes one person to sanctify their spouse and make their children holy. And that's for the extreme when one of the spouses is not a believer! So how much more this verse will work for you, whose husband is a believer! So go back. Find the sweetness of loving your God again, and don't worry about your husband. You don't even have to speak to him about it, in fact, it's better that you don't--look at 1 Peter 3:1-6. God pours out His love in believers, Rom. 5:5. When you walk in that love, and pour it out on your husband, he will be won without your even saying a word--just by your conduct, your "gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God."

Be blessed, my sweet, beloved sister. Remember that you are God's jewel, Malachi 3:17.

Upvote 0

J4Jesus

MY HEART BELONGS TO JESUS
Oct 22, 2005
✟54,260.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Thanks wordgazer. I'm Donna by the way.

Well.... where do I start ?

I have been a Christian for almost 9 years. I still remember what it felt like when I first accepted Christ into my life and how on fire I felt. I wanted to take on the world and introduce them to the best friend that they would ever have... Jesus. But now, I have backslidden and don't know how to get back. God has taken a backseat in my life and I always find more impotant things to do, rather than spend time with him. I sin everyday and feel like such a hypocite for it. I want to be someone my children can look up to and can learn from, but I lack discipline and Satan always seems to be one step ahead of me. I have been Married for 3 years and desperately want Hubby to grow with me. I encourage him and know that when he was getting his life on track with God, I was growing too. He encouraged and inspired me to grow and be the best I could. But like me he has let God take a backseat too. I have always dreamt of marrying a spiritual leader and my Hubby would encourage and take the initiative to lead us spiritually. I seem to have taken on that role and it is really getting me down as it is not how I saw my marriage panning out. During our early days of marriage, he was great. He was exactly what I wanted in a spiritual leader. But somewhere, somehow things changed. I want the Hubby back who was on fire for God and lead us. The Hubby who had the same desire to lead our children to know and love our lord. I feel like I am walking thir road alone and it saddens me that I have had to take on the spiritual role. I guess I feel a little lost and a lot drained.

Thanyou for listening. It helps to get it out. Am I expecting too much ?

Blessings, Donna

HI JCmyFriend :wave:

What Ariel says is SO true! Look at this part again:

Remember that any sin you confess is forgiven the moment you confess it, for 1 John 1:9 says, "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from ALL unrighteousness." As you confess, He cleanses. I went through a period in my life where I didn't think I was clean. One night I heard Him say, "You are clean because I made you so." I finally saw it. I confessed, He cleansed. By thinking I wasn't clean, was I saying that the blood of Jesus that cleanses me wasn't good enough? Of course it was!

When you are coming back to the Father, he doesn't say, no, you don't have the right robes on, or no, you're not doing it right. He aches for you to come back. His heart hurts for you. Go back. He loves you so tenderly and so much. He will help you. As you cry out to Him, He is there, and He will lift you up and help you overcome every enemy.

He is waiting with open arms!! He wants to love on you and hold you in His arms again! :)

Upvote 0