klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Just because someone emphasizes the importance of keeping the Ten Commandments of God, it doesn't mean he or she is in bondage to a salvation by works theology.

The nonsense of accusing people of being legalistic for being in favor of keeping God's Ten Commandments, needs to stop.

Instead of jumping to conclusions about that person's relationship with God, ask questions for clarification.

Yes, we are saved by grace through faith, not by works (Eph. 2:8-9); but let's not forget that we were created for good works (v. 10).

When I look at God's Ten Commandments I see something good, not evil.
Hello woobadooba.

Where in the New Testament is it written, you are under the law?

Your contradicting Acts 15.

• Agree
Reactions: pescador
Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Funny how people will use Paul to teach against obedience to God's law(which includes the 10 commandments), yet Paul taught from the 10 commandments & the law(Torah)

Ephesians 6:2-3
Honour thy father and mother; which is the first commandment with promise; that it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth.

Exodus 20:12
Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which יהוה your God giveth thee.
Hello Dkh587.

You omitted verse one from your quotation of the letter to the Ephesians.

Ephesians 6
1 Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.

This instruction is right because the law also has that same instruction.

Christians are not under the law, this rule only ensures a longer life on earth.

Upvote 0

Waggles

Acts 2:38
Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2017
South Oz
Visit site
✟112,244.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Widowed
The nonsense of accusing people of being legalistic for being in favor of keeping God's Ten Commandments, needs to stop.
This is because so many still fail to understand what it means to really be a Christian and
to understand that Jesus is the fulfillment of the Law.

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know
the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.
Jeremiah 31:
I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.
Proverbs 40:8
2 You are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read by all men,
3 it having been made plain that you are the epistle of Christ, ministered by us, not having been
written with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not on tablets of stone, but in fleshly tablets
of the heart.

2 Corinthians 3:

Upvote 0

Waggles

Acts 2:38
Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2017
South Oz
Visit site
✟112,244.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Widowed
circumcision of the flesh (OT) versus circumcision of the heart (NT).
The outward living of the Law (Israel as a holy nation) versus the inward living, of the Law, by the Spirit, (Israel, not Judah, becoming the Spirit-filled Church).

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear woobadooba. Jesus gave us a good answer in Matthew 22: 35-40: " Jesus said there are two Commandments which say it all: The first and great one is: Love God with all thy hearts, with all thy souls, and with all thy minds. The second is like it: love thy neighbour as thyself." God is Love, and God wants loving sons and daughters. In Matthew 7: 7-10: we are told: Ask and you shall receive. We ask God for Love and Joy, then we thank God and share all love and joy with our neighbour. ( all we know and all we meet)
The Bible tells us: Give up all selfish and unloving behaviour, the start loving God and Jesus above all, and treat each other as we would love to be treated. God sees our loving and caring for each other, and God will Bless us. Why not try this straightforward ways, and start loving and treating all as we would love to be treated? I say this with love, woobadoo. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.
Love is very strong and catching.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Just because someone emphasizes the importance of keeping the Ten Commandments of God, it doesn't mean he or she is in bondage to a salvation by works theology.

Instead of jumping to conclusions about that person's relationship with God, ask questions for clarification.

Yes, we are saved by grace through faith, not by works (Eph. 2:8-9); but let's not forget that we were created for good works (v. 10).

When I look at God's Ten Commandments I see something good, not evil.

The problem here is one of focus. A Christian's gaze is to be upon Christ, not the ten Commandments.

• Winner
Reactions: pescador
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello woobadooba.

Where in the New Testament is it written, you are under the law?

Your contradicting Acts 15.
I never said that we are.

But I have a question for you: What does the expression, "under the law," mean?

Don't give me a long list of Bible verses. I already know what it means. Just explain briefly, in your own words, what you think being "under the law" means.

Upvote 0

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dear woobadooba. Jesus gave us a good answer in Matthew 22: 35-40: " Jesus said there are two Commandments which say it all: The first and great one is: Love God with all thy hearts, with all thy souls, and with all thy minds. The second is like it: love thy neighbour as thyself."
Indeed, but did you know that these commands are a part of the Old Testament?

Deuteronomy 6:5 (NKJV) "You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength."

Leviticus 19:18 (NKJV) "You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the children of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself: I am the LORD."

• Agree
Reactions: Waggles
Upvote 0

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
circumcision of the flesh (OT) versus circumcision of the heart (NT).
The outward living of the Law (Israel as a holy nation) versus the inward living, of the Law, by the Spirit, (Israel, not Judah, becoming the Spirit-filled Church).
What sense is there in talking about a "Law" by which to live if there are no commands to observe?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.