✟2,622,942.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Amen.

This is a good visual of just how devastating it is, and how it does ALL these things.
yes, our nearby town, where my daughter has her music shop, in an evening is not the place to go, drunks and drugs whew! it is really going downhill. lots of prayer goes on and they have had street pastors at weekends.

• Prayers
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
yes, our nearby town, where my daughter has her music shop, in an evening is not the place to go, drunks and drugs whew! it is really going downhill. lots of prayer goes on and they have had street pastors at weekends.

Prayer is POWERFUL. Praying with ev'ry one. There used to be a bar on the corner of where i used to live. It was getting worse and worse. An elderly preacher used to come outside there and preach and read God's Word. Some time after that there was a really bad shooting outside of the bar when two groups were going at each other. Then the shots rang out. At least two people were killed. The bar closed shortly after that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,942.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Prayer is POWERFUL. Praying with ev'ry one. There used to be a bar on the corner of where i used to leave. It was getting worse and worse. An elderly preacher used to come outside there and preach and read God's Word. Some time after that there was a really bad shooting outside of the bar when two groups were going at each other. Then the shots rang out. At least two people were killed. The bar closed shortly after that.
wow yes, I know it sounds terrible but I keep forgetting how powerful prayer is, then I remember...our God is so powerful

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
wow yes, I know it sounds terrible but I keep forgetting how powerful prayer is, then I remember...our God is so powerful

Amen. Yes He is. Prayer is exactly as this verse says:

"The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man (or woman) availeth much." ~James 5:16

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,942.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
images

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 20:

God's Light in us.

iu
God's own "shine" for Him, literally, with His Light inside them. He "lights" us like candles with His Light. For we ARE His "candles".

How precious is THAT???!!!

Those who are not His own will not "shine", regardless of anything they say or do, for they have none of His Light. He has either put it out, or they never had it in the first place.

Tragic.

iu

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 20:

Light of God.

iu
In reading this verse, it just dawned on me what this means....

It means that God's Spirit within us, "lights" up ALL of our hidden places, in the deepest recesses of our hearts and souls. In other words there is no "hiding" ANYTHING from God.

And as He brings it all to our minds, we are to simply confess it, because after all, we ARE surrendering EV'RY THING to Him, amen?

Do we reeeeealy MEAN that?

God will put us to the "test", won't HE?

And praise Him that He DOES.

Amen?

iu

Upvote 0