✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 17:

This is sooooo true....we can actually get sick from being grieved and/or discouraged, etc. How HEALING encouraging and genuinely kind words of empathy are:

iu

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,620,944.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Proverbs 17:

This is a most profound and timely verse. Our world, especially our country, is chock full of this. It's profoundly discouraging.

God help us.

iu
I wonder if the world has ever been any different?...but!
take heart, we live in the world, but are not part of it.

this is so lovely from John 17
14 I have given them your word. And the world hates them because they do not belong to the world, just as I do not belong to the world.

15 I’m not asking you to take them out of the world, but to keep them safe from the evil one.

16 They do not belong to this world any more than I do.

17 Make them holy by your truth; teach them your word, which is truth.

18 Just as you sent me into the world, I am sending them into the world.

19 And I give myself as a holy sacrifice for them so they can be made holy by your truth.

35-BLOG-Proverbs-17-22-Cat-WORDS-1-275.jpg

images

Last edited:
Reactions: PeaceJoyLove
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

14 I have given them your word. And the world hates them because they do not belong to the world, just as I do not belong to the world.

15 I’m not asking you to take them out of the world, but to keep them safe from the evil one.

19 And I give myself as a holy sacrifice for them so they can be made holy by your truth.

'Tis good to remember that God IS in control of all of it all. We just need LOTS of prayer over here. There's much wishing for our demise and lying and treachery coming from ev'ry which way.

Love the kitty and the reminder though. :)

Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟66,922.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

images

From John 17
That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one;

Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am...

Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟66,922.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Proverbs 17:9 He that covereth a transgression seeketh love; but he that repeateth a matter separateth very friends.

1 Peter 4:8 And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.

Colossians 3:14 And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.

Romans 13:8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

Romans 13:10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Which all goes back to the garden and the woman at the tree...to take thought is to eat of it...to judge, measure, divide and reason with a serpent is to perceive lack and desire more (covet)...God loves us all, impartially...all are created in His image and HE declared all that He made as 'very good'...to 'see' otherwise is to not be single of eye, or be blind that we might see...

Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟66,922.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Oops...;) I just realized this thread is "A chapter a day" for Proverbs. Today being the 19th...

Proverbs 19:2 Also, that the soul be without knowledge, it is not good; and he that hasteth with his feet sinneth.

It is all about perception...The Woman at the tree perceived she lacked and desired more while God saw all that He had made and declared it very good. She reasoned with a serpent, while scripture tells us no one can reason with God without becoming clean. The Spirit dwells within us, though at first we do not perceive it to be so, seeing it as something outside of/separate from our being...

It was the woman (who came out of Adam's side) that prepared the feast and gave it to him...

Upvote 0

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Oops...;) I just realized this thread is "A chapter a day" for Proverbs. Today being the 19th...

Proverbs 19:2 Also, that the soul be without knowledge, it is not good; and he that hasteth with his feet sinneth.

It is all about perception...The Woman at the tree perceived she lacked and desired more while God saw all that He had made and declared it very good. She reasoned with a serpent, while scripture tells us no one can reason with God without becoming clean. The Spirit dwells within us, though at first we do not perceive it to be so, seeing it as something outside of/separate from our being...

It was the woman (who came out of Adam's side) that prepared the feast and gave it to him...

Amen!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 17:

Justifying and defending the wicked.
AKA: Triumphing over the shedding of innocent blood.
AKA: Triumphing over the "shutting down" of the righteous.

"The words of the wicked are to lie in wait for blood: but the mouth of the upright shall deliver them." ~Prov 12:6

"My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not. If they say,
Come with us, let us lay wait for blood, let us lurk privily for the innocent without cause: Let us swallow them up alive as the grave; and whole, as those that go down into the pit:" ~Prov 1:10-12

"Whoso diggeth a pit shall fall therein: and he that rolleth a stone, it will return upon him." ~Prov 26:27

iu
It is abominable to justify the wicked, even as innocent blood is shed so profusely that it is akin to an ever-swelling blood-red river.

And yet so many defend those who profit from an industry that grows richer and richer from those very lives of the smallest of the small, tortured and murdered in cold blood, while they campaign for their "right" to shed the innocent blood of these smallest of the small, is an abomination. This is akin to "cheering on and celebrating the wickedness" of the calculated and deliberate and cold-blooded demise of these little ones.

Yet the wicked are "justified" and "lauded, and those who defend the smallest of the small are condemned and maligned and demonized.

"He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both are abomination to the LORD." ~Prov 17:15

"Whoso rewardeth evil for good, evil shall not depart from his house." ~Prov 17:13

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~Edmund Burke

iu

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 17:

Amen, regarding verse 19.

Reminds me of this:

"Whoso diggeth a pit shall fall therein: and he that rolleth a stone, it will return upon him." ~Proverbs 26:27

And this:

"As the bird by wandering, as the swallow by flying, so the curse causeless shall not come." ~Proverbs 26:2

Woe to those and God help those who DEFEND the wicked, against the righteous.

Reminds me of this:

"Whoso rewardeth evil for good, evil shall not depart from his house." ~Proverbs 17:13

Amen.

iu

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 17:

Returning evil for good.

Attacking those who speak the truth, such as attacking those who speak up for the helpless who cannot speak up for or defend themselves, is an abomination to God.

It is akin to defending evil.

And blatantly so.

God help us.

iu

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,620,944.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Proverbs 17:

Returning evil for good.

Attacking those who speak the truth, such as attacking those who speak up for the helpless who cannot speak up for or defend themselves, is an abomination to God.

It is akin to defending evil.

And blatantly so.

God help us.

iu
yes, that is so true...
verse 3 says it all...the Lord tests the heart...

3 The refining pot is for silver and the furnace for gold,
But the Lord tests the hearts.

c20b08a95303eb4787f126e520c063ca.jpg

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 17:

Good Medicine.

God is soooooo GOOD. He blesses us in ways that "insulate" us from toxicity and negativity, which can effect our immune systems and deteriorate our very lives.

Thus His joy, emanating THROUGH us, from the inside out, not only blesses "us" with a "merry heart", but also those around us. In essence, WE become a blessing to many, and in being a blessing, enhance the health of others.

How delightful is THAT???!!!

iu

Upvote 0