✟1,342,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 16:

"Every one that is proud in heart is an abomination to the LORD: though hand join in hand, he shall not be unpunished." ~Proverbs 16:5

"Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall." ~Proverbs 16:18

mighty+have+fallen.jpg

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
so many good sayings in chapter 16

3 Commit your works to the Lord,
And your thoughts will be established.

16 How much better to get wisdom than gold!
And to get understanding is to be chosen rather than silver.

19 Better to be of a humble spirit with the lowly,
Than to divide the spoil with the proud.

20 He who heeds the word wisely will find good,
And whoever trusts in the Lord, happy is he.

24 Pleasant words are like a honeycomb,
Sweetness to the soul and health to the bones.

28 A perverse man sows strife,
And a whisperer separates the best of friends.

32 He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty,
And he who rules his spirit than he who takes a city

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

PKFox

Child of God
Apr 24, 2017
Michigan
✟20,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
To humans belong the plans of the heart, but from the LORD comes the proper answer of the tongue. Proverbs 16:1
In their hearts humans plan their course, but the LORD establishes their steps. Prov. 16:9
These two verses kind of go hand-in-hand IMO. However, we can choose in our hearts whether or not to follow God, but Proverbs 3:5-6 says that if we follow God, He will set us on the right path and guide us along the way, and Prov. 16:3 agrees, "Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and he will establish your plans."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
To humans belong the plans of the heart, but from the LORD comes the proper answer of the tongue. Proverbs 16:1
In their hearts humans plan their course, but the LORD establishes their steps. Prov. 16:9
These two verses kind of go hand-in-hand IMO. However, we can choose in our hearts whether or not to follow God, but Proverbs 3:5-6 says that if we follow God, He will set us on the right path and guide us along the way, and Prov. 16:3 agrees, "Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and he will establish your plans."

Yes, amen.

He DOES establish our plans, solidly, for He is our Anchor in all that we do. When we follow HIS path, leaning on Him, He grants us whatever we need to walk with Him.

He is a GOOD Shepherd.

walking-with-god.jpg

Reactions: W2L and PKFox
Upvote 0

PKFox

Child of God
Apr 24, 2017
Michigan
✟20,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This reminds me not only of the footprints poem, but also of my friend's "special" version of the poem. (Though I don't remember exactly how it goes, so this is my summary...)

I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand and, to my surprise, I noticed that many times along the path of life there was only one set of footprints. It was during the lowest and saddest times in my life. I asked the Lord about it, "Lord, I don't understand why You left my side when I needed You most." The Lord said, "My precious child, I never left you during you trial. It was then, I carried you." (Her add-on) I also noticed another area of my life, when I thought about giving up on God. "Lord, what about over here where the sand is scattered everywhere and it looks like a murder scene or something." He answered, "My child, that's when I dragged you kicking and screaming, but never left you or let you go."

Sometimes, that's how I feel our walk with God is. We want to pull away from Him and follow the worldly desires, but God still holds our hand and walks with us, even if it's like a 2-year-old being dragged away from the toy section in the store. He knows what's best for us, but we aren't always compliant with His plans, yet He never leaves us, even in those times.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
This reminds me not only of the footprints poem, but also of my friend's "special" version of the poem. (Though I don't remember exactly how it goes, so this is my summary...)

I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand and, to my surprise, I noticed that many times along the path of life there was only one set of footprints. It was during the lowest and saddest times in my life. I asked the Lord about it, "Lord, I don't understand why You left my side when I needed You most." The Lord said, "My precious child, I never left you during you trial. It was then, I carried you." (Her add-on) I also noticed another area of my life, when I thought about giving up on God. "Lord, what about over here where the sand is scattered everywhere and it looks like a murder scene or something." He answered, "My child, that's when I dragged you kicking and screaming, but never left you or let you go."

Sometimes, that's how I feel our walk with God is. We want to pull away from Him and follow the worldly desires, but God still holds our hand and walks with us, even if it's like a 2-year-old being dragged away from the toy section in the store. He knows what's best for us, but we aren't always compliant with His plans, yet He never leaves us, even in those times.

This is precious. I can sooooooo relate. Praise God that He sees us through ALL of it.

I LOVE this version.

Thank you.

Reactions: PKFox
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
God bless all the genuine encouragers. THey are a treasure in this world.

e71b7020c769909ef4a294fcbbade10f--ruth---kind-words.jpg
Oh yes, so true brinny

17 The highway of the upright avoids evil;
those who guard their ways preserve their lives.

this is such a powerful chapter

3 Commit your actions to the Lord,
and your plans will succeed.

proverbs-16-3.jpg

this remindes me to pray for the balloons being floated into North Korea!
Dear Father may they succeed in all they do, may the wind blow them to where they must go, in Jesus name

• Agree
Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0