Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
In reading Proverbs 1, verses 26-29 stood out for me:

26 I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;
27 When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.
28 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:
29 For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD:

God is saying that those who continue mocking God, and spurning His grace and His Word, will face a day when God's grace is not available, for God has closed the door of grace, just like He closed the door of Noah's ark. He's telling all of us to heed His message of grace and forgiveness, while the door of grace still remains open.

And so important that is. A lot of people seem to want to sin now, pay later. That's not how it works. There may not be a later and if there is, it might be too late!

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟904,775.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Yes, it's kinda' scary.....all the more reason to embrace God's inexplicable grace......

People often tell people to live their lives because they could die crossing the road tomorrow... We should surely be telling them to submit their lives to Him because they could die tomorrow! If that isn't sobering then I don't know what is.

I know I've had it cross my mind a few times.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Yup, me too....but the precious thing about His grace is, that once you see His heart, take the time to get to know Him and His Word, it isn't about that kind of fear (or dread) anymore....it becomes a love built on a "respect" of acknowledging Who He is and giving Him His "due" so to speak. A "delight" of Him and His Word begins to take place, like in this song which i heard this morning:

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
360x225-hs-2004-10-a-print.jpg

1 These are the proverbs of King Solomon of Israel, David’s son:

2 He wrote them to teach his people how to live—how to act in every circumstance,

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
In reading Proverbs 1, verse 23 stood out for me:

"Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you."

It reminds me of how it is written that the Holy Spirit is our Teacher, and He will teach us ALL things. What this means is that in reading God's Word, without the Holy Spirit teaching us as we read God's Word, we are not being "fed" so to speak, and we remain "starved" for God's own knowledge, wisdom, and discernment, for we read His Word as if it's just another book, and in essence, leave God out of His own Word, as if He doesn't even "belong" there. We have disregarded Him and His wisdom and choose instead to embrace our own.

Reminds me of this:

76523-450x300.png

Reactions: Deidre32
Upvote 0

Deidre32

Follow Thy Heart
Mar 23, 2014
Somewhere else...
✟74,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Anyone wish to join me for this in the month of December?

Christmas is a point of contention for many people. Well, what better way to say "to heck" with everyone else's opinion and we take the month to delight in His word and glorify Him regardless of whatever the 25th day means to you, me or friends?

@brinny @dreaminofireland @katerinah1947 @Tishri1 @faroukfarouk @Poster0 @SeventyTimes7 @SeekerOfChrist94 @FreeinChrist @Sojourner1 @God's Child @Jesus' Follower @AV1611VET @drstevej @leothelioness

I'm in :satisfied:

Reactions: katerinah1947
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
In reading Proverbs 1, this verse stood out for me.

Throughout God's Word, it is repeated that we are to honor our mother and father. My perspective on it is to give them their due honor for bringing us into the world, and to give ear to those things they have and do teach us, when we know that what they are teaching is true and good. For when we do this, God will surely bless us.

We are NEVER to shame our parents.

th

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Yippee! The 1st day of September. Looking forward to reading through Proverbs again! Day I Proverbs 1 'For gaining wisdom and being instructed,for understanding insightful sayings,for receiving wise instruction in righteousness,justice and integrity,for teaching shrewdness to the inexperienced,knowledge and discretion to a young man..' (I'm ready again LORD!)

Upvote 0