ElElena

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
✟27,372.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I Believe The Word Of God Says That A Man Is Tempted By The Evil Desires Withitn -- With Or Without Internet Use It Is What Is Within The Person That Makes Them Make Wrong Or Right Decisions. This Is Why We Need The Lord's Help To Overcome Evil With Good. We Need God's Help To Overcome Evil Period.

Internet Use Isn't Evil --- Just Like Weapons Are Not Evil - - - Words Are Not Evil --- It's How People Use These Things & What People Do With These Things That Brings Forth Good Or Evil, Don't You Think?

Upvote 0

daddyjoe

Aug 17, 2007
Boulder City, nevada
✟7,629.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
not
Thanks for sharing that Gimpy. How are you ever to know the real person, if you're not sitting across the table from them? Online dating is very impersonal, things can be hidden. There is no truth there.
Things can also be hidden in person, only time talking with the person helps. I find it easier to talk on line than in person.

Reactions: CoolMom6
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ElElena

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
✟27,372.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I have learned some special things from online friends -- one thing I learned repeatedly is that if someone does not want to communicate with you and you have done all you can to resolve any issues it is usually best to back off and let prayer be all you do unless a door opens -- if they want the door closed if only for a season then it isn't wise to push too hard --- pushiness has always seemed to be a turn off , don't you think?

I don't know all the facts I just read about the wishiness for something that appears is a DO NOT GO THERE type situation at this time.

It does not ever seem healthy to be like a stalker even in the thought realm. I also read in some online search engines that if someone feels compulsed to go after another person as if compelled without reason then it is possible they are not understanding the force compelling them to act the way they are acting. You may want to look up infatuation versus love.

It can be very enlightening.

Please forgive me if I have totally misunderstood things I have read on this post.

Reactions: PassionateOne
Upvote 0

JoshuaM

Veteran
Jul 15, 2006
✟17,821.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I have learned some special things from online friends -- one thing I learned repeatedly is that if someone does not want to communicate with you and you have done all you can to resolve any issues it is usually best to back off and let prayer be all you do unless a door opens -- if they want the door closed if only for a season then it isn't wise to push too hard --- pushiness has always seemed to be a turn off , don't you think?

I don't know all the facts I just read about the wishiness for something that appears is a DO NOT GO THERE type situation at this time.

It does not ever seem healthy to be like a stalker even in the thought realm. I also read in some online search engines that if someone feels compulsed to go after another person as if compelled without reason then it is possible they are not understanding the force compelling them to act the way they are acting. You may want to look up infatuation versus love.

It can be very enlightening.

Please forgive me if I have totally misunderstood things I have read on this post.

it is misunderstanding as we have remained in some correspondence in e-mails and recently we chatted online. it is not infatuation. and it is not stalking. she loves me too and sometimes wants to do more for me than she is sure about doing. despite rumors, i am not a stalker.

Upvote 0

JoshuaM

Veteran
Jul 15, 2006
✟17,821.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
welll no one has been to this thread in a while either --

nope. just me. should be back on topic

What is your take on dating online? Is it bad, or have you met your loved one through the net? Could it really be as bad as dating face to face? What if you don't like the guy (face to face), it would be more difficult to "get rid" of him, where as online, you just never have to contact him again.

Am I being unrealistic here? Or is it ok to date online? And maybe find your companion like so if you've had no luck in the real world.

MuchLoved
J

Dating online is very difficult. It is harder to understand just online and communication is important. it is also important to meet if God brings a way, unless there is serious reason that God shows not to.
It can be as bad as dating face to face. People can make mistakes and try to do things their own way just like face to face. Meeting a person does not mean you cannot get rid of them. they do not need to know where you live, etc. I think it is okay to date online but it is important to not try and do things too much on your own accord, but do it as fellowship and each of you must concentrate on your relationship with the Lord and perhaps if you desire furthering your relationship, God will make a way in His time because you are seeking His kingdom firstly. this is what i learn from my experience. I think I may have found my companion, but i find i must not concentrate on dating, but the Lord for now. I know she loves me and she has expressed how she feels about me, etc, but we agree seeking the Lord first is most important.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ElElena

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
✟27,372.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I know of people that have married after dating online and have a family member that married someone he met online.

I wrote about this before but it's nice to simply say that it is just another avenue for meeting people. Anytime you meet someone and there's an interest it doesn't matter where you met them or how you met them -- for a Christian the thing that matters most of all is if the other person is a Christian and then comes the set of compatibility questions.

Upvote 0

JoshuaM

Veteran
Jul 15, 2006
✟17,821.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
yes hard to follow, but important i have found in my online relationship which the dating part is not happening for now. but i do believe it is possible it will happen again more later but differently and the Lord has helped other online relationships become permanent marriages as well.

Upvote 0

ElElena

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
✟27,372.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Think of when there were and prob. still are some mail order brides -- and people that met and used news ads to meet (know someone that met that way in the past few years) and well............ there is more than one way to get people connected -- Online meetings are old school now-- really -- it's been around a long time and there may be some that do not know like it still but they prob. have mates and think closed minded and with negative thoughts b/c they fear things that are dif. than what they are used to.

I always say --- it's better than going to a bar to find a mate. A friend of mine said he was tired of meeting women from bars.

Upvote 0