ElElena

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
✟27,372.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
new prayer request --- have 2 wee little dogs that need a trustworthy person to watch them in order for the trip to FL to be one that is free of traveling with dogs ----- Just a simple request being added on here right now. May also add it on prayer request thread

Upvote 0

ido

Adios
May 7, 2007
✟56,288.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
It Would Be Good If My Sis Could Keep The Dogs - But She Has 3 -- Mom Has One -- Brother Has One -- No Room At Their Homes
Have you considered a dog sitter that would come to your house - maybe a neighbor or neighborkid that you could pay a small fee to come over say 3 times to let the dogs out and make sure they're fed/watered?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

overit

Veteran
Sep 26, 2006
✟17,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm kind of scratching my head, online didn't work for me (the long distance), we didn't meet on a dating site but another CHristian site like this.

I am baffled though, one poster (maybe coolmom?) mentioned she had broken up w/someone not long ago, met someone online and now about a month later is getting married and staying long distance and then eventually moving out of state? Doesn't that scare you that you are uprooting kids and moving and getting married to someone you met online about 1-2 months ago? I'm not asking to be mean but I just can't wrap my logical thinking around it and that is something I would/could never ever do.
How is it possible?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JoshuaM

Veteran
Jul 15, 2006
✟17,821.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
i came across this thread being subscribed to the singles forums. Dating online is very hard. You only know what the person tells you, what you think they are, and vice versa. From my experience, even if dating online, it is very important to get to know the person in person. You know it is hard to test fruits online except I think you can pray and have others pray, and then see how the person prays and speaks of the Word. There are even people posing as pastors online that are not. On one singles site a guy told me he views other guys profiles in order to make his look better, which tells me that some people copy other profiles to deceive people. Never let emotions control or desires to get in the way. I don't just mean sin. Foundation needs to be good, and it is good to be thinking clearly. Otherwise somebody can get hurt easily.

i posted this and about waiting on the Lord. I do not see anything wrong with dating online but i do not believe people should jump from online dating to marriage. i really think it should be tested up front. some people jump from dating online to marriage and it works. And maybe it can, but I don't know the Lord's steps and I certainly know it won't work if a couple only tries to make it to work themselves and focus on that more than the Lord.

Upvote 0

ElElena

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
✟27,372.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Thanks MbyM ------The Lord is the one we want to guide us.

He says that if we seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness all things will be added unto us........... I believe everything we need is supplied by Him even the need for Godly relationships

Upvote 0

memoriesbymichelle

Senior Veteran
Jun 8, 2007
Arizona
✟22,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
I just don't think online dating is for me. I just would never be trusting enought to feel I REALLY know that person....they could be anybody. I mean, I have really good friends that I've known for years and then I find out something I didn't know and I'm like "Wow really?" Then I think to myself, hmmmm.....the more I know about people the less I want to know...if you know what I mean. I think I know someone and then I find out I really didn't know them at all. My husbands best friend, prime example. I've known that man before I even married my husband so more than 25 years. He came when my husband was ill and helped out. After my husband died (and this man was a strong Christian, I thought) he was playing some computer game online called Everquest and met some woman on there (he was married to my best friend and they are my kids' God Parents) and had an affair, left my girlfriend and is now married to the online lover. :scratch: :scratch:
So I just could not trust meeting someone online, for dating purposes, especially since I can't even trust friends I've known for over a quarter century. Ya know what I mean?????

Reactions: ElElena
Upvote 0