Newbie no more!
Aug 20, 2011
United States of America
✟14,114.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
So last week was my birthday and we've been planning a big date night for tonight. But its not working out very well. My dad is in prompt care today and my parents dont want to watch her for long. My idea of a big special date night is something like sizzling hibachi and then going home for some sizzling sex, but I feel rushed. But in addition to things juts not working out how I planned, I feel really depressed lately especially today. I cant quite understand why, but I dont wanna go through the trouble of spending money if I'm not gonna enjoy it or feel rushed. I want it to be special and DH wanted it to be special for me too. I just feel disappointed lately like my life just doesnt matter (outside of the parenting realm). We're in transition when it comes to fellowship and everything is new to us right now. I dont have anyone close I can talk to, and my mom just isnt the right person to spill things to cuz then its endless advice or thinking she can 'fix' my life. There's nothing wrong with my marriage, I just feel so depressed and cant shake it today. :(

Part of me also feels guilty for the idea of going to eat because I havent been eating well this trimester, so the idea of 'splurging' a bit isnt kinda silly cuz Ive been doing it the whole trimester. I know DH would be disappointed if we dont have a date night of some sort without the baby, but I dont know.

Okay, my question: SHOULD I CONTINUE WITH A SPECIAL DATE NIGHT OR JUST SKIP IT UNTIL WE BOTH CAN ENJOY IT MORE THOROUGHLY?

JRSut1000

Newbie no more!
Aug 20, 2011
United States of America
✟14,114.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
No one from church right now, like I said we're in transition concerning fellowship. Yeah, my mom and dad are the primary babysitters and they are great! But I dont wwant to burden them much today. It's just DH and I have waited sooo long to have this special date night, especially around the time of my birthday. Weekends are our only option really, so it will have to wait til next weekend. But I was thinking maybe DH and I can go on a small date for an hour tonight, something like a local pizza place or something. Dh needs to know I really do want time alone with him and without the toddler, especially since in a few months we'll be limited again with a newborn.

Upvote 0

JRSut1000

Newbie no more!
Aug 20, 2011
United States of America
✟14,114.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Thanks RomansEight! We did end up having a date night at Outback Steakhouse. It was really wonderful. Even though he and I were tired most of the day, I'm glad I didnt back out. It was nice just to go out and hold hands (kinda hard to hold hands while holding a toddler, haha) and not have to worry about how she acted in public. We heard antoher baby crying in the restaurant and it was such a releif to think 'not my problem tonight', lol. I know that sounds so bad, but every couple needs date nights now and then and it gives children a nice time to bond with their grandparents/trusted babysitter.

Anyways, I'm glad we had a date night and that I wasnt a party pooper.

Upvote 0
R

Romanseight2005

Thanks RomansEight! We did end up having a date night at Outback Steakhouse. It was really wonderful. Even though he and I were tired most of the day, I'm glad I didnt back out. It was nice just to go out and hold hands (kinda hard to hold hands while holding a toddler, haha) and not have to worry about how she acted in public. We heard antoher baby crying in the restaurant and it was such a releif to think 'not my problem tonight', lol. I know that sounds so bad, but every couple needs date nights now and then and it gives children a nice time to bond with their grandparents/trusted babysitter.

Excellent!:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

LovedSparrow

One Day at a Time
Jun 22, 2011
✟8,088.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm so glad your night worked out!! In my opinion, whatever you do, don't neglect your date nights. It's nice to get out of the same environment, I find we talk about different things, and talk deeper. It's easy to grow disconnected without them.

Even if we can't afford dinner, we'll go out and get a shake. Then we'll come home and watch America's Funniest Videos and laugh our heads off. ^_^

Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married

Glad to hear it worked out.
:)

Upvote 0