Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Well my personal favorite is the Amplified.

When I study though I usually have the Amplifed and KJV.

My Bible Study leader also has a bunch of Bibles for someone to use if need be. She's got a variety of translations.

Upvote 0

Apologist

2 Tim. 2:24-26
Jan 9, 2002
Northern California
Visit site
✟1,980.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by Anthony
Here are some of Dake's footnotes regard God the Father

"He has a personal spirit body; shape; form; image and likeness of a man. He has bodily parts such as, back parts, heart, hands and fingers, mouth, lips and tongue, feet, eyes, ears, hair, head, face, arms, loins, and other bodily parts.

"He has bodily presence and goes from place to place in a body like all other persons.

"He has a voice; breath; and countenance. He wears clothes; eats; rests; dwells in a mansion and in a city located on a material planet called Heaven; sits on a throne; walks; rides; engages in other activities.

"He has a personal spirit with mind; intelligence; will; power; truth; faith and hope; righteousness; faithfulness; knowledge and wisdom; reason; discernment; immutability; and many other attributes." (Dakes Annotated reference Bible, Finis Jennings Dake, published by Dake Bible Sales, Inc., Lawrenceville, Georgia, New Testament, pp. 96-97)

Now is this sound Biblical Doctrine?

I would agree with Anthony. The Dake's bible is not a good choice.

His theology is bizzare to say the least.

Upvote 0

Apologist

2 Tim. 2:24-26
Jan 9, 2002
Northern California
Visit site
✟1,980.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by SUNSTONE
Joyce Myers uses the Amplified bible, and I have a friend in my bible study that just paid 60 dollars for one, they're very nice.

That is someone I would be REAL careful of listening to if you want good, solid, biblical teaching! She is in the word of faith movement and has taught some blasphemous things.

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2003
Born in Exile
Visit site
✟187.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When my Paster suggested that I get a dakes bible I was very interested in getting one so I started researching Study bibles and I ended up studying the history of the bible. From tyndale to wycliffe to KJV1611.

I have been to the place of tyndales martyer in antwerp.
I now have a copy of Wycliffe's Bible and I have to say that even though the spelling is a little different the message is deeper. I have the real 1611 version copy as well and I am a little taken aback that King James was bi-sexual, but don't believe me research for yourself.

"Know the author and finisher"

Your soul is nothing to take lightly be very cautious as feed the words to it.

Peace

Upvote 0

StingRay

<b><i>"Ride the Lightning"</i></b>
Feb 21, 2003
West Coast
✟154.00
8th November 2002 at 09:46 PM Anthony said this in Post #10 (http://www.christianforums.com/showthread.php?postid=442285#post442285)

"He has a personal spirit body; shape; form; image and likeness of a man. He has bodily parts such as, back parts, heart, hands and fingers, mouth, lips and tongue, feet, eyes, ears, hair, head, face, arms, loins, and other bodily parts.

"He has bodily presence and goes from place to place in a body like all other persons.

"He has a voice; breath; and countenance. He wears clothes; eats; rests; dwells in a mansion and in a city located on a material planet called Heaven; sits on a throne; walks; rides; engages in other activities.

"He has a personal spirit with mind; intelligence; will; power; truth; faith and hope; righteousness; faithfulness; knowledge and wisdom; reason; discernment; immutability; and many other attributes." (Dakes Annotated reference Bible, Finis Jennings Dake, published by Dake Bible Sales, Inc., Lawrenceville, Georgia, New Testament, pp. 96-97)

Now is this sound Biblical Doctrine?

&nbsp;

&nbsp;

This sounds like blasphemy and false teaching, it DOES not sound good at all.

I would highly recommend a Thompsons Chain Reference bible (KJV)

Upvote 0

StingRay

Feb 21, 2003
West Coast
✟154.00
Today at 07:27 PM ancientofdays33 said this in Post #46 (http://www.christianforums.com/showthread.php?postid=668481#post668481) I have the real 1611 version copy as well and I am a little taken aback that King James was bi-sexual, but don't believe me research for yourself.

That doesn't matter, King James had nothing to do with the translating (it wouldn't matter if he was a satanic tri-sexualist), the fact is, is that the bible suggests that it would be translated under a monarchy (King James for example), it was King James' appointed scholars guided by the holy spirit to give the western hemisphere a clear and correct version of his word.

Upvote 0

StingRay

Feb 21, 2003
West Coast
✟154.00
Upvote 0

MizDoulos

<font color=6c2dc7><b>Justified by grace through f
Jan 1, 2002
The "Left Coast" of the USA
Visit site
✟22,176.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
To keep this discussion from deteriorating, please read the new Non-Denominational Protestant Forum Rules before posting any further. This is a reminder to all members:

1) This forum is open to all Christians. Non-Christian members are not allowed to post here.

2) Protestant, Evangelical and Reformed members, as well as Non-Denominational Christian members can post fellowship threads here as well as debate threads to discuss various doctrines to do with their own denomination and other denominations (including the Catholic church), as long as they are within our rules.

3) Non-Protestant members (eg. Catholic members) can only post fellowship posts here or posts to ask a question regarding Protestant or Evangelical doctrine. Once the question is answered, there shall be no debate over the answer in this forum by the Non-Protestant. Any debate posts by Non-Protestants will be deleted or moved to the Interdenominational Doctrine Debate forum. In other words, only Protestant members can debate here.

4) Only a Protestant or Non-Denominational moderator can moderate posts in this forum.

5) No posts that denigrate a Christian denomination or Christian group including the Catholic church will be tolerated - these will be deleted and the poster will be warned.

Basically, we do NOT allow accusations that a particular Christian denomination or group is non-Christian. That is the bottom line. Debates regarding doctrine is allowed. Accusations are not.

Examples of what is not allowed, and what is allowed:

Not allowed: "The Pope is the Anti-Christ"
Allowed: "The Pope has too much power" or "The Bible did not establish the papacy" - as long as scripture and evidence is posted to argue this.

Not allowed: "The Catholic church is a cult"
Allowed: "The Catholic church has errors in some doctrines" - as long as scripture and evidence is posted to argue this.

Not allowed: "The Roman Catholic Church is the harlot of Babylon"
Allowed: "The Catholic church may have a particular role to play in the endtimes" - as long as scripture and evidence is posted to argue this.

Not allowed: "All Catholics go to hell"
Allowed: "Some Catholics may not be saved because they have wrong beliefs" - as long as scripture and evidence is posted to argue this.

Not allowed: "Catholics worship idols" - this is because they don't worship these idols (at least they are not meant to)
Allowed: "Catholics have images in their church and the Bible does not support this" - as long as scripture and evidence is posted to argue this.

Not allowed: "Catholics pray to demons when they pray to saints"
Allowed: "Praying to saints is not in the Bible" - as long as scripture and evidence is posted to argue this.

Allowed: "There is no such thing as purgatory" - as long as scripture and evidence is posted to argue this.

Allowed: "Catholics are preoccupied with visions of Mary" - as long as scripture and evidence is posted to argue this.

Not allowed: "Speaking in tongues is demonic"
Allowed: "Speaking in tongues is being abused in some churches" - as long as scripture and evidence is posted to argue this.

Not allowed: "Charismatic Christians are not saved"
Allowed: "The charismatic movement have gone too far in some cases" - as long as scripture a nd evidence is posted to argue this.

Not allowed: "Word of Faith preachers are false prophets"
Allowed: "The Word of Faith movement have gone too far in certain instances" - as long as scripture and evidence is posted to argue this.

Basically, try to rephrase your question and post so that it does not come across as being judgemental and accusatory. You will find that the message gets across better, and the debate will remain civil.

6) Feel free to report posts that you believe have broken these rules to the moderators of this forum by clicking on the "Report" link at the bottom of each post.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

StingRay

Feb 21, 2003
West Coast
✟154.00
Today at 12:00 AM MizDoulos said this in Post #50 (http://www.christianforums.com/showthread.php?postid=668897#post668897)

To keep this discussion from deteriorating, please read the new Non-Denominational Protestant Forum Rules before posting any further. This is a reminder to all members:

1) This forum is open to all Christians. Non-Christian members are not allowed to post here.

2) Protestant, Evangelical and Reformed members, as well as Non-Denominational Christian members can post fellowship threads here as well as debate threads to discuss various doctrines to do with their own denomination and other denominations (including the Catholic church), as long as they are within our rules.

3) Non-Protestant members (eg. Catholic members) can only post fellowship posts here or posts to ask a question regarding Protestant or Evangelical doctrine. Once the question is answered, there shall be no debate over the answer in this forum by the Non-Protestant. Any debate posts by Non-Protestants will be deleted or moved to the Interdenominational Doctrine Debate forum. In other words, only Protestant members can debate here.

4) Only a Protestant or Non-Denominational moderator can moderate posts in this forum.

5) No posts that denigrate a Christian denomination or Christian group including the Catholic church will be tolerated - these will be deleted and the poster will be warned.

Basically, we do NOT allow accusations that a particular Christian denomination or group is non-Christian. That is the bottom line. Debates regarding doctrine is allowed. Accusations are not.

Examples of what is not allowed, and what is allowed:

Not allowed: "The Pope is the Anti-Christ"
Allowed: "The Pope has too much power" or "The Bible did not establish the papacy" - as long as scripture and evidence is posted to argue this.

Not allowed: "The Catholic church is a cult"
Allowed: "The Catholic church has errors in some doctrines" - as long as scripture and evidence is posted to argue this.

Not allowed: "The Roman Catholic Church is the harlot of Babylon"
Allowed: "The Catholic church may have a particular role to play in the endtimes" - as long as scripture and evidence is posted to argue this.

Not allowed: "All Catholics go to hell"
Allowed: "Some Catholics may not be saved because they have wrong beliefs" - as long as scripture and evidence is posted to argue this.

Not allowed: "Catholics worship idols" - this is because they don't worship these idols (at least they are not meant to)
Allowed: "Catholics have images in their church and the Bible does not support this" - as long as scripture and evidence is posted to argue this.

Not allowed: "Catholics pray to demons when they pray to saints"
Allowed: "Praying to saints is not in the Bible" - as long as scripture and evidence is posted to argue this.

Allowed: "There is no such thing as purgatory" - as long as scripture and evidence is posted to argue this.

Allowed: "Catholics are preoccupied with visions of Mary" - as long as scripture and evidence is posted to argue this.

Not allowed: "Speaking in tongues is demonic"
Allowed: "Speaking in tongues is being abused in some churches" - as long as scripture and evidence is posted to argue this.

Not allowed: "Charismatic Christians are not saved"
Allowed: "The charismatic movement have gone too far in some cases" - as long as scripture a nd evidence is posted to argue this.

Not allowed: "Word of Faith preachers are false prophets"
Allowed: "The Word of Faith movement have gone too far in certain instances" - as long as scripture and evidence is posted to argue this.

Basically, try to rephrase your question and post so that it does not come across as being judgemental and accusatory. You will find that the message gets across better, and the debate will remain civil.

6) Feel free to report posts that you believe have broken these rules to the moderators of this forum by clicking on the "Report" link at the bottom of each post.

If your referring to me, I am a Christian. And enough has been said to discredit this bible from being true to an inspired bible, just the description should easily be distinguishable from a true version of God's word.

Care to join the discussion?

Upvote 0

MizDoulos

<font color=6c2dc7><b>Justified by grace through f
Jan 1, 2002
The "Left Coast" of the USA
Visit site
✟22,176.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Today at 12:13 AM StingRay said this in Post #51 (http://www.christianforums.com/showthread.php?postid=668902#post668902)

If your referring to me, I am a Christian. And enough has been said to discredit this bible from being true to an inspired bible, just the description should easily be distinguishable from a true version of God's word.

Care to join the discussion?

You're bordering on breaking Rule 7 (no public disagreement with staff). Use the private message option if you want to disagree. Please read the forum rules before posting any further.

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2003
Born in Exile
Visit site
✟187.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dear Sting Ray,
Most people think the KJV was very inspired I challenge you to read the text and compare it to tyndale coverdale and wycliffe.
You will find not much difference.
The biggest difference is the notes from the Geneva Man oh Man are they ever pointed. Even to claim that the pope is not what he appears to be.

I did not mean for you to get in trouble by responding to my post but I should say that I thank you and I pray that I learn more and more as I walk the streets in Belgium and Scotland looking for that one person who will listen.

James
Savant to all

Upvote 0
8th November 2002 at 11:46 PM Anthony said this in Post #10

Now is this sound Biblical Doctrine?&nbsp;

&nbsp;

Phew! Thanks Anthony! No that isn't sound! :(

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.