Hespera

Dec 16, 2008
usa
✟8,850.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
I'm largly unaware of anything happening in China that AV could have been triggered.

Did they find a Christian who sold all his possessions and gave to the poor? That would be a miracle.

the china connection is my deal

yes, that would be a miracle or sorts

AV should show us a miracle

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
i think eliYAH would take issue with you mangling his name.
Not to mention Yob and Yoshua and Yacob and Yeremiah and Yudges, right?

Yust so know, I don't speak in tongues.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
nope, and neither are you.
there is no j sound in hebrew, which is the language the tanakh was written in, if you have a problem with that, you have a problem with christianity and judaism

also there is no j sound in greek, which is what the NT was written in, if you have a problem with that, then you have a problem with christianity. the fact is, christianity like everything has a history, and you are making the choice to run away from that history instead of embracing it.

one of the pieces of history being that during the course of anglicizing the names in the bible, the greek was rendered with a j because of the translation between greek and english, which seems to be solely a mangling of the greek letter I

i think eliYAH would take issue with you mangling his name.
Here you go 'expert' -- view it and weep:

YouTube - Is GOD's name YEHOVAH/JEHOVAH or Yahweh?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

driewerf

a day at the Zoo
Mar 7, 2010
✟260,553.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Why don't you start looking? It would give a great boost to your Great Commission. I'm sure that if you found all those animals, a lot of atheists - me included - would start reading the Bible with peculiar attention.

Uh-huh?
That's it? The Great Commission doesn't include you? While it's from one of your posts that I learned that term?

And suppose that hell is real, wouldn't you do your utmost to save my - and many others' - soul by finding the unicorn et al.? Is your faith so shallow that the skightest effort is already too much? Or is it that, deep in your heart, you know that none of these animals exist?
just%20angel.gif

Upvote 0

Cabal

Jul 22, 2007
London
✟30,012.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
The only reason it's 'poor' is because you guys must think you're 'rich'.

Luke 18:25 For it is easier for a camel to go through a needle's eye, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Ah yes, the kind of "literal" interpretation that makes the Pharisees into scientists.

This is why no-one accepts your arguments, AV.

Upvote 0

Cabal

Jul 22, 2007
London
✟30,012.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Big deal -- were Jesus' "arguments" accepted?

(QV John 9 before you answer.)

Tell you what AV, when you start healing the blind instead of waving your ego around on an internet message board, then you can do the Jesus comparison, k?

Btw, you know the Bible says to question everything, right? So why the contradiction where every single time someone asks questions like these they're shouted down?

Upvote 0

Koizito

Mar 7, 2011
✟7,660.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Tell you what AV, when you start healing the blind instead of waving your ego around on an internet message board, then you can do the Jesus comparison, k?

Better yet, be original AV, start healing the amputee, no one has ever tried (or been able to do) that before...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Big deal -- were Jesus' "arguments" accepted?

Jesus wasn't a sad, desperate little man trying to elevate himself at the expense of religious icons.

As long as you're going to compare yourself to Biblical figures, have you considered setting the bar a tad lower?

(QV a mirror before you answer.)

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Highlight in red what you want answered, and I'll answer it.

This just sounds like you're being obnoxious; but if you're serious, I'll answer it.
Uh-huh?
That's it? The Great Commission doesn't include you? While it's from one of your posts that I learned that term?

And suppose that hell is real, wouldn't you do your utmost to save my - and many others' - soul by finding the unicorn et al.? Is your faith so shallow that the skightest effort is already too much? Or is it that, deep in your heart, you know that none of these animals exist?
just%20angel.gif

Upvote 0

Notedstrangeperson

Jul 3, 2008
✟12,024.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
Could the Creationists back up their claims of mythical creatures with quotes? I don't recall satyrs or unicorns being mentioned in the Bible.

The straw-eating lion? Do mean "The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them. And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox." (Isaiah 11::5-7) Isaiah is clearly describing some kind of prophacy, meaning his description is probably metaphorical.

Even if he is being literal he is describing a future event, not a past one. You will not find any fossils of herbivour lions.

Agonaces of Susa said:
The unicorn is a big problem for evolutionists.

No they aren't. The single-horned deer is not a 'unicorn', it's an ordinary deer with a head mutation. Mutations are extremely common, and a far more likely explanation than thinking God created them on purpose.

The rest of the thread degraded into "HURR AV1611VET IZ A DUMA$$!!1!"

Upvote 0

Hespera

Dec 16, 2008
usa
✟8,850.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
Could the Creationists back up their claims of mythical creatures with quotes? I don't recall satyrs or unicorns being mentioned in the Bible.

The straw-eating lion? Do mean "The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them. And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox." (Isaiah 11::5-7) Isaiah is clearly describing some kind of prophacy, meaning his description is probably metaphorical.

Even if he is being literal he is describing a future event, not a past one. You will not find any fossils of herbivour lions.

No they aren't. The single-horned deer is not a 'unicorn', it's an ordinary deer with a head mutation. Mutations are extremely common, and a far more likely explanation than thinking God created them on purpose.

The rest of the thread degraded into "HURR AV1611VET IZ A DUMA$$!!1!"

a straw eating lion would be a double miracle, nothing but mold can eat straw and get any nutrition from it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Notedstrangeperson

Jul 3, 2008
✟12,024.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hespera said:
a straw eating lion would be a double miracle, nothing but mold can eat straw and get any nutrition from it.

Not in theory. Herbivorous pandas evolved from flesh-eating bears, perhaps in the far future big cats would be plant-eaters. But as I said Isaiah was probably speaking metaphorically - or if he was speaking literally (I doubt it) he was describing a future event. Hence no fossils.

Incidently I've had a quick look on BibleGateway and yes, some of the older versions of the Bible do mention satyrs and unicorns. However some of these refer to 'goat cults' while some translations describe unicorns as 'oxen'. Noticeably these creatures are usually found in the King James version, which was written during the medival era and is the most edited of all the Bibles.

Upvote 0

Hespera

Dec 16, 2008
usa
✟8,850.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
Not in theory. Herbivorous pandas evolved from flesh-eating bears, perhaps in the far future big cats would be plant-eaters. But as I said Isaiah was probably speaking metaphorically - or if he was speaking literally (I doubt it) he was describing a future event. Hence no fossils.

Incidently I've had a quick look on BibleGateway and yes, some of the older versions of the Bible do mention satyrs and unicorns. However some of these refer to 'goat cults' while some translations describe unicorns as 'oxen'. Noticeably these creatures are usually found in the King James version, which was written during the medival era and is the most edited of all the Bibles.

I do have a zoology degree, so yes I am aware that some animals are omnivorous and so forth.

I dont think pandas are descended from bears, and bears are not carnivorous.

Anyway, I was just saying that STRAW is not food, cows will die eating it.

I suppose its a mistranslation, as they no doubt knew that in biblical times. Straw is for bedding, making adobe bricks, not for fodder.

And yes, it sounds like a metaphor, so a mistranslation inside a metaphor, but that wont stop a literalist.

Upvote 0

driewerf

a day at the Zoo
Mar 7, 2010
✟260,553.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Highlight in red what you want answered, and I'll answer it.

This just sounds like you're being obnoxious; but if you're serious, I'll answer it.

Uh-huh?

just%20angel.gif
Done.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Fair enough -- I'll indent my answers to your questions:

That's it?

• That's it.
The Great Commission doesn't include you?

• Yes it does.
While it's from one of your posts that I learned that term?

• Okay.
And suppose that hell is real, wouldn't you do your utmost to save my - and many others' - soul by finding the unicorn et al.?

• First, I can't save your soul -- only Jesus can.
  • Second, I doubt that 'finding the unicorn, et al.' is going to convert you.
Is your faith so shallow that the skightest effort is already too much?

• I don't know what you mean by this. What do you think I've been doing here the past five years?
Or is it that, deep in your heart, you know that none of these animals exist?

• It's in my head that they don't exist today too; but they did at one time.

Upvote 0