Crevo café (3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ravenscape said:
He retired about 5-6 years ago. We deafened him and embarrassed the heck out of him and his family. Made a home movie out of the proceedings and shipped it all over the world to his former students that we could track down.

Aww, that's so sweet.

I bet it made his day, really. As a human being there is little better than knowing that you've made a truly positive contribution to the life of another.

And then we have kids and stuff it up. :D

Upvote 0
Nightson said:
Which I'm totally not, I would have straight As in every class were it not for my lack of doing homework.

/me puts on stern Father face, even thought his own kids are still in primary school.

Tsk tsk.

I know where you're at. It's only for a few more years, though. Better to hit the ground running at the end than with shackles on your ankles.

Was that crusty-grown-uppy enough?

Upvote 0

Grengor

GrenAce
May 10, 2005
Oakley, California
✟18,998.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Republican
Praxiteles said:
Aww, that's so sweet.

I bet it made his day, really. As a human being there is little better than knowing that you've made a truly positive contribution to the life of another.

And then we have kids and stuff it up. :D

Sounds like a real grade-a teacher. I've had acouple b's and c's, but no a's as of yet :(

EDIT: Woah, this reflects my report card

Upvote 0

Nightson

Take two snuggles and call me in the morning
Jul 11, 2005
California
✟5,839.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Praxiteles said:
You lot spend too much time bumming around on the 'net.

Do stick around, though. Place is better with you here. Screw your grades. :)

* Praxiteles is being selfish

I see, you tell me to get off the net and do homework but Grengor to stop doing homework and hang out on the net.

Obviously you hate me, I feel so alone.... :cry:

And yet not because I have a strawberry tart. :)

Upvote 0
Nightson said:
I see, you tell me to get off the net and do homework but Grengor to stop doing homework and hang out on the net.

Obviously you hate me, I feel so alone.... :cry:

And yet not because I have a strawberry tart. :)

The 'you' is plural. As in 'you lot'. :doh:

Now, about that tart - is it laced with laxatives? You take a bite first, and then give it to me.

Upvote 0

Nightson

Jul 11, 2005
California
✟5,839.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Praxiteles said:
The 'you' is plural. As in 'you lot'. :doh:

Now, about that tart - is it laced with laxatives? You take a bite first, and then give it to me.

Oh, well I feel loved again then.

And this tart is mine, you ate the last one. (And hopefully this one is laxative free, probably should have checked before eating it)

Upvote 0
Nightson said:
Oh, well I feel loved again then.
Yeah, that kind of thing is usually RavAce's job. I don't generally do the nice stuff. I'm the Pointandlaugh Kid. So sorry if I mucked it up for you.

And this tart is mine, you ate the last one. (And hopefully this one is laxative free, probably should have checked before eating it)

You'll find out soon enough.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nightson

Jul 11, 2005
California
✟5,839.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Praxiteles said:
Yeah, that kind of thing is usually RavAce's job. I don't generally do the nice stuff. I'm the Pointandlaugh Kid. So sorry if I mucked it up for you.

So confused now....

Praxiteles said:
You'll find out soon enough.

Urp! Uhh, I have to go feed my cat *runs off*

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hydra009

bel esprit
Oct 28, 2003
Raleigh, NC
✟18,036.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Praxiteles said:
Urgh.

I'm glad there was no internet when I was at school.
lol, I still remember in middle school, learning to type on some pentium 1 computers and old 80s typewriters. Learning how to use a typewriter - now that's a valuable skill. :doh:

Upvote 0
Hydra009 said:
lol, I still remember in middle school, learning to type on some pentium 1 computers and old 80s typewriters. Learning how to use a typewriter - now that's a valuable skill. :doh:

/me slowly arises from his rocking chair, takes the crocheted rug from his lap and waves a gnarled finger at Irish

You young whumperstumpers! When I was at school there was no such thing as PC's. All of our computer training was done in languages such as basic, and fortran, and cobol. And we just used monitors attached to the mainframe.

Not only that, but I had to walk 2 lightyears to school every morning. Backwards. While monkeys lined the path and pelted me with rotten vegetables. And I had to walk twice that distance to get home again!

Upvote 0

ravenscape

Free Crazy Liz
Dec 19, 2004
Norton's Empire
✟58,184.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Praxiteles said:
* Praxiteles slowly arises from his rocking chair, takes the crocheted rug from his lap and waves a gnarled finger at Irish

You young whumperstumpers! When I was at school there was no such thing as PC's. All of our computer training was done in languages such as basic, and fortran, and cobol. And we just used monitors attached to the mainframe.
Hah! I lived so far out in the boonies that they had to pipe in sunshine. They made me learn assembly language "to build character", and made me use punch cards because the computers ran on squirrel power and the "monitors" were cardboard boxes with no tube.

Not only that, but I had to walk 2 lightyears to school every morning. Backwards. While monkeys lined the path and pelted me with rotten vegetables. And I had to walk twice that distance to get home again!
I had to do all that too. Barefoot. Through brambles :p

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.