Crevo café (3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smilin said:
You're playing hockey at your desk? KEWLLLL...errrrr you're wearing ice skates right? And I'm gonna tell! I'm gonna tell!!!:thumbsup: ;)

Ice skates wouldn't do me much good I'm afraid. They don't work too well on the carpet, and in any case it's a warm day. We're heading for a hot spell, too, and if there's one thing that bugs me it's hot weather.

So, I'm now going to drink coffee and hurrumph for a while.

Upvote 0

Smilin

Spirit of the Wolf
Jun 18, 2002
Appalachia, The Trail of Tears
Visit site
✟15,906.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Praxiteles said:
Ice skates wouldn't do me much good I'm afraid. They don't work too well on the carpet, and in any case it's a warm day. We're heading for a hot spell, too, and if there's one thing that bugs me it's hot weather.
Ahhhh...we're headed for spring weather here as well. It snowed yesterday, was in the teens overnight, got up to 60 degrees today and we're headed for the mid 60's here tomorrow. Hot weather makes me ill as well.
So, I'm now going to drink coffee and hurrumph for a while.
Nuttin like hot coffee on a hot day eh Prax?^_^ ^_^

Upvote 0
Smilin said:
Ahhhh...we're headed for spring weather here as well. It snowed yesterday, was in the teens overnight, got up to 60 degrees today and we're headed for the mid 60's here tomorrow. Hot weather makes me ill as well.Nuttin like hot coffee on a hot day eh Prax?^_^ ^_^

Me no comprende farenheit. You may as well tell me that the temperature is gingleblop. :)

But if you got snow, I'm guessing that it's none too warm.

It occasionally snows here. It snowed down to sea level once last year - first time since '86.

Upvote 0
ravenscape said:
*feels all nostalgic for high school -- objectively the second-worst stage of development.

We're all done with the chat now :)

I despised high school. Even now nothing would entice me to communicate with the goons I had to spend four years of my life with.

Yes, I am a bitter, bitter man. :)

Upvote 0

ravenscape

Free Crazy Liz
Dec 19, 2004
Norton's Empire
✟58,184.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I attended a bunch of high schools (long story). Couldn't care less about them, except for the one in the middle of the hs years. It was a keeper, and the friends I made there have been friends for life. Turned out to be a particular teacher who made the difference and kept us together. He had a huge impact on all of us.

Upvote 0
Nightson said:
I like high school. Except for the whole having to go to school part.

Yeah, that bit is pretty horrid.

Homework is the worst thing.

Ironically, many of the books I had to read for homework I now read for pleasure. What a cack.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
ravenscape said:
I attended a bunch of high schools (long story). Couldn't care less about them, except for the one in the middle of the hs years. It was a keeper, and the friends I made there have been friends for life. Turned out to be a particular teacher who made the difference and kept us together. He had a huge impact on all of us.

That is so spot on.

A good teacher can make aaaallll the difference. How often do you hear that one particular teacher was a huge influence on a student, and that class shaped their future career?

Upvote 0

Nightson

Take two snuggles and call me in the morning
Jul 11, 2005
California
✟5,839.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Praxiteles said:
Homework is the worst thing.

I've been sick for a week, I have a literal pile of work I shoulfd be doing instead of talking on the phone and posting here.

And yet I still don't do it.....

Upvote 0
Nightson said:
I've been sick for a week, I have a literal pile of work I shoulfd be doing instead of talking on the phone and posting here.

And yet I still don't do it.....

Urgh.

I'm glad there was no internet when I was at school.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
ravenscape said:
We had a reunion this summer. About 80 people (from a 3-4 year span of classes) told the teacher to his face he was one of the most influential forces in our lives.

You all must have deafened him! Or did you do it singly? Har de har har.

That was a good thing to do. Was he still active, or retired?

Upvote 0

Nightson

Take two snuggles and call me in the morning
Jul 11, 2005
California
✟5,839.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Praxiteles said:
Urgh.

I'm glad there was no internet when I was at school.

Ahhwhat a distraction, but what a tool as well. The internet makes looking things up a breeze. Three cheers for Google!

Upvote 0

ravenscape

Free Crazy Liz
Dec 19, 2004
Norton's Empire
✟58,184.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Praxiteles said:
You all must have deafened him! Or did you do it singly? Har de har har.

That was a good thing to do. Was he still active, or retired?
He retired about 5-6 years ago. We deafened him and embarrassed the heck out of him and his family. Made a home movie out of the proceedings and shipped it all over the world to his former students that we could track down.

Upvote 0
Nightson said:
Ahhwhat a distraction, but what a tool as well. The internet makes looking things up a breeze. Three cheers for Google!

Well, there is that. As long as you're disciplined.

I was never a disciplined student, so the internet would have been the road to ruin for me.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.