Creationists: What have you studied re: evolution? What resources have you specifically used?

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I can say the same about evolution, The Bible shows evolution to be a lie along with other scientific lies.

So you have your science you place your faith in and i place my faith in God and the scriptures.

I am juts glad there will be an ending to an the answering to this difference in the up and coming future. So like i said i will (along with many others) not be bothered by this lie forever.
No, that is merely your personal interpretation of the Bible. Evolution is testable and confirmable. What reasonable test do you have that could possibly refute your beliefs? One needs a test for proper evidence. By the way the test needs to be done on the merits of your claims, not on the perceived deficiencies of your opponents beleifs.

Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟320,845.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
To the OP:

You're an Athiest. What have you specifically studied? Have you taken any courses in biblical studies (e.g. high school, college, online)? Have you read any books on systematic theology? Which ones? Do you use online publications? Have you read any theological journals?

Why would you? So you could impress some random stranger on the internet with how well read you are on a subject that you don't believe and have no interest in?

Your question was pompous and self-serving.

You forget that teh vast majority of athiests in America were brought up as Christians.

From the Protestant side why should I take such courses when Scripture cantains all I need. And on that I've read the Bible cover to cover at least twice.

From the Catholic side I have and reference two different Catechisms. An interesting side note I ahve been told repeatedly that a Baptism performed by an unbeliever is not valid even though the teaching of the Catholic Church is the opposite and both clear and unforgiving on that point.

Still I have a 6 volume set of the sermons of Martin Luther and The Institutes by Calvin.

I occasionally still use my copy of Strongs. The translation of the meaning of the name Elija is a hoot.

I wonder how many creationists who choose to debate evolution have ever botherd to read The Origin of Species. Any who had would never bring up the common creationist argument regarding the eye as Darwin addressed that quite well. Or the claim that the theory is about how like came to exist as Darwin is quite clear that his theory is not about that at all.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟320,845.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
ToE doesn't deal with the origin of life so I don't see the two beliefs incompatible.

Words often come to mean more than they would just from the root origin. Creationist has come not jsut mean that someone of something created out unniverse.

Come to think of it this may echo how things work with catholic. Capital C Creationist typically believing that the Genesis account is literal (and often that one muct believe that to be saved). Small c creationist just means one believes our universe was created.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
No, that is merely your personal interpretation of the Bible. Evolution is testable and confirmable. What reasonable test do you have that could possibly refute your beliefs? One needs a test for proper evidence. By the way the test needs to be done on the merits of your claims, not on the perceived deficiencies of your opponents beleifs.

How much of this testable stuff have you personally tested and proved to be true. And what are you testing this against to prove its truthfulness.

Of a satanic deception would not be effective if it did not appear to be true.

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private

You know that playing the "satan card" doesn't mean much, right? One can just as easily claim that creationism is a deceptive satanic plot.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
You know that playing the "satan card" doesn't mean much, right? One can just as easily claim that creationism is a deceptive satanic plot.

It does to me. As with creation, my concern is not whether you believe it or not.

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
It does to me.

Let's test that: if creationism was actually a deceptive, satanic plot, would that be of interest to you?

As with creation, my concern is not whether you believe it or not.

So why are you here?

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
How much of this testable stuff have you personally tested and proved to be true. And what are you testing this against to prove its truthfulness.

Why would I need to test it? I can read the papers, anyone can test those ideas and many can. Paranoia does not make for a proper argument. It appears all that you have are unfounded fears.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
A source outside of the Bible that supports that evolution is a lie. Is that evolution is supported and taught by government schools. Governments rule by lies and deception so that is evidence of evolution's being a false idea.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
A source outside of the Bible that supports that evolution is a lie. Is that evolution is supported and taught by government schools. Governments rule by lies and deception so that is evidence of evolution's being a false idea.

That's the silliest argument I've ever read. Are you just posting satire? Are we being Poe'd?

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Let's test that: if creationism was actually a deceptive, satanic plot, would that be of interest to you?

So why are you here?

To take part in a debated topic, as a supporter of creation Biblical positions.

I can support a belief, without having worry about whether people opposed to this belief end up believing it.

Upvote 0

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟276,869.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I can say the same about evolution, The Bible shows evolution to be a lie along with other scientific lies.
What does the Bible have to say about CPT symmetry?
If it's a lie point out the appropriate chapter and verses; if not show how the Bible supports it.

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private

I can support a belief, without having worry about whether people opposed to this belief end up believing it.

Do you feel you are sufficiently supporting your beliefs here?

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
As Paul states.

Then Paul and Barnabas grew bold and said, “It was necessary that the word of God should be spoken to you first; but since you reject it, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, behold, we turn to the Gentiles.

A believe is task with just giving a witness if the witness does not bear fruit. That should be of no worry to them they are called just to be a witness. They have no power to make people believe the truth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
As Paul states.

Then Paul and Barnabas grew bold and said, “It was necessary that the word of God should be spoken to you first; but since you reject it, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, behold, we turn to the Gentiles.

A believe is task with just giving a witness if the witness does not bear fruit. That should be of no worry to them they are called just to be a witness. They have no power to make people believe the truth.
You would be a better witness if you weren't telling lies about what the people you are witnessing to believe.

• Agree
Reactions: pitabread
Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
The Bible is not a reliable source in this discussion. The Bible is the claim. By your standards all religions are true and all religions are false.

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private

Which again begs the question as to why are you here? You're certainly not giving anyone the impression you're bringing the truth.

All you seem to be contributing is that you think evolution is a lie (even though you admit to never having studied it). So what?

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

Oh good. I was getting worried there for a second. In case you forget the Bible is the claim. Claims are not evidence.

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

The government also says that you shouldn't drink bleach or touch exposed power lines. Does that mean that you should?

Upvote 0