Creationists: Is your Biblical interpretation correct?

Pete Harcoff

PeteAce - In memory of WinAce
Jun 30, 2002
✟9,874.00
Faith
Other Religion
chud247 said:
Pete, you do have a point and I will agree that in some points of the bible, especially in revelations, there are a lot of metaphorically challenged verses and even full chapters. But they are all still in a literal sense. They are always either dreams, visions or God talking directly to the person for their own understanding. Not ours. All the messages to US are in a literal understanding.

Opperative word being "messages". Is Genesis 1 meant to convey literal history? Or a message?

No, animals groan because of the fall of Adam. When he brought sin into this world. And all of creation is now in bondage of decay and death because of Adam bringing sin.

I think we first need to clarify what "sin" is. As I understand it, sin is merely disobedience of God (hence, the whole Adam & Eve story and "original sin"). Therefore, it does not make sense that the punishment for sin is physical death, because then either a) animals are sinners, too, or b) God is needlessly punishing animals for the sins of humans.

Also, sin was already in the world (Romans 5:13).

Lol, the whole theory of evolution is a baseless assumption.

Except it's not. But that's a subject for a different thread.

Upvote 0

Pete Harcoff

PeteAce - In memory of WinAce
Jun 30, 2002
✟9,874.00
Faith
Other Religion
chud247 said:
Oh and btw, the site to where you can redeem your $250 grand would be here: http://www.drdino.com/cse.asp?pg=250k

Please, don't go bringing up "dr. dino". His warped science/theology is shredded on a regular basis here. And this isn't the thread for it.

Upvote 0

wblastyn

Jedi Master
Jun 5, 2002
Northern Ireland
Visit site
✟11,265.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Dayton said:
:clap:

Evolution is pure speculation. There is no proof of a fish turning into a cow or any other animals or humans evolving.
You don't even know what evolution is, so how do yu know it's pure speculation.

Have you even bothered to lern anything while you're here, obviously not if you think evolution involved fish turning into cows.

Upvote 0

Arikay

HI
Jan 23, 2003
Visit site
✟21,317.00
Faith
Taoist
"I don't see how I am missing your point. Genesis 1:28 says "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it". Never does he tell the animals to do this."

He just said it. How does he not tell the animals?

"Well first off, there was no hebrew translation for sphere. That conlcudes that argument entirely. You do, however, say on your site that, "It has been seen from drawings and other verses that when the bible was written, it was believed the earth was flat." Where are these other verses and drawings? Maybe in the time of when those verses were written, non followers of God believed that the earth was flat... but not anywhere in the bible."

The drawings were included in some bibles, made by the Jewish people, I shall have to find one. I believe I gave some of the other verses, if I didnt, then I need to update it. :)

So, you admit that when you said the bible says the earth was round, you were Not taking it literally?

I do find it interesting that you have ignored all the rest of the information, and choose to take a none literal view that fits your own personal view. You are twisting the bible to say something it doesnt "literally" say, interesting. :)

" [Hovinds offer] "

Its a fraud. The offer is purposly written in such a way that it can Not be collected. A Very dishonest thing to do, especially for a Man of God.

Hovind is either ignorant or a liar, as he tells many lies in his site. My favorite is that Barcodes contain 666 in them. This is false and a lie. Why would he lie to you?

chud247 said:

Upvote 0

Mechanical Bliss

Secrecy and accountability cannot co-exist.
Nov 3, 2002
A^2
Visit site
✟21,365.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Democrat
chud247 said:
Oh and btw, the site to where you can redeem your $250 grand would be here: http://www.drdino.com/cse.asp?pg=250k

Bringing this up only indicates how creationists misunderstand the theory of evolution because they think it is how non-scientist and con artist Hovind perceives it. What he describes is not the theory of evolution.

Furthermore, he doesn't want proof of evolution; he wants proof of atheism. Big difference. He misrepresents what the theory of evolution actually is and then tries to paint that misrepresentation as atheism to appeal to the emotions of his religious followers. In short, the "challenge" is a fraud.

Upvote 0

chud247

Nov 14, 2002
Visit site
✟167.00
If you believe Hovinds offer is a fraud then just provide evidence of the following to me:

Time, space, and matter came into existence by themselves.

Planets and stars formed from space dust.

Matter created life by itself.

Early life-forms learned to reproduce themselves.

Major changes occurred between these diverse life forms (i.e., fish changed to amphibians, amphibians changed to reptiles, and reptiles changed to birds or mammals).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Arikay

HI
Jan 23, 2003
Visit site
✟21,317.00
Faith
Taoist
Good point Pete.

Chud, if you really want to know how that is a fraud, start another thread and we will be happy to show you. Otherwise, this is not the place for the discussion. :)

I do still find it interesting how "literalists" stop being "literal" when it suits them (like a flat earth. :) )

Upvote 0

chud247

Nov 14, 2002
Visit site
✟167.00
Like I said...

If you believe Hovinds offer is a fraud then just provide evidence of the following to me:

Time, space, and matter came into existence by themselves.

Planets and stars formed from space dust.

Matter created life by itself.

Early life-forms learned to reproduce themselves.

Major changes occurred between these diverse life forms (i.e., fish changed to amphibians, amphibians changed to reptiles, and reptiles changed to birds or mammals).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mechanical Bliss

Secrecy and accountability cannot co-exist.
Nov 3, 2002
A^2
Visit site
✟21,365.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Democrat
And like we said (since the point was apparently missed): that is not representative of evolution. It is not a challenge to demonstrate the validity of the theory of evolution. It is a challenge that misrepresents the theory of evolution completely and then paints it as atheism. His challenge is to prove atheism, not evolution.

Upvote 0