Creationists: Is your Biblical interpretation correct?

Arikay

HI
Jan 23, 2003
Visit site
✟21,317.00
Faith
Taoist
"Death didn't enter the world until about 100 years after Adam was created..."

You are still missing the point. If death could not happen the world would become overpopulated in a very short amount of time. I shall have to go and do the math again, to check on my dates. :)

However, can you also answer me, why if there was no death and no carnivores,

Why are carnivores designed to eat meat?
Why are there animals that Must have meat to survive?

"the Bible says the earth is round and that it is suspended in space. Like Job 26:7 and Isaiah 40:22."

Sorry, but now you are doing some none literal twisting of the bible, Isa 40:22 Does Not say the earth is round. Matter of fact it says just the opposite.

To save space, I will link to what I wrote about that (instead of posting it here),
http://www.geocities.com/arikayx/flatearth.html

chud247 said:
Death didn't enter the world until about 100 years after Adam was created. Life was new, God controlled everything, everything was happy and multiplied happily. In fact, multiplication of humans and animals was probably more rapid then it is now because pregnancy or giving birth did not hurt. However, life started in one place on the earth. And as everything multiplied, over 100 years, we were able to cover the earth with life in all types. Once again I will say, sin didn't come forth until about 100 years after creation. Therefore there would have been no worries of overly populated insects or as the such.

As for the Bible stating that the earth is flat. Nowhere have I read that it says the earth is flat. I do know of areas in the bible where it states that the four corners of the earth which is simply north, south, east and west. But it does say 3 times in the bible that the earth is round. There are verses describing the "ends of the earth" of which the LOCAL land does in fact end at the sea shore AND there actually are plate edges or "ends" in the LOCAL land that collide. In various verses, the Bible says the earth is round and that it is suspended in space. Like Job 26:7 and Isaiah 40:22.

Upvote 0
J

Jet Black

Arikay said:
You ignored what I said. IF there was no death, but there was procreation, the earth would fill up with animals. Awhile ago I did the math based on the current reproductive rate of bunnies, and I think I figured that if No bunny died, but they continued to procreate, there would be 1 bunny per square foot of the earth in 16 (I think it was 16, I should do the math again for fun) years. And that is Only bunnies.

I recall a similar calculation showing how frogs would outweight the universe in a handful of generations.

say a pair of frogs has 500 tadpoles, 250 of each.

250^10 = 9.5x10^23 frogs.

Upvote 0

Arikay

HI
Jan 23, 2003
Visit site
✟21,317.00
Faith
Taoist
Just a quick bit of curiousity why you havent answered my question in the "I give up" thread. :)

Dayton, please read the link, I never say anything about the "ends of the earth" when showing how the bible says the earth is flat. :)

Dayton said:
:clap:

I agree. Atheists can not understand God's Creation because they do not have the Mind of Christ. Their problem is not with science, it is with the Word of God. The Bible says the earth was created in six literal days, and that is what I believe.

God says it, I believe it, that settles it. :bow:

Upvote 0

Pete Harcoff

PeteAce - In memory of WinAce
Jun 30, 2002
✟9,874.00
Faith
Other Religion
chud247 said:
I don't see how you would need any other extra-biblical evidence to understand Job 38:8. As long as you have read before that verse, God is just helping Job and possibly those who read it (us) better understand his power. He shut the water in with land, like a door. The original word for the english translation "door" could have meant many meanings in the hebrew language (wall, block, gate, etc.)

He doesn't say, "like a door". He say, "Who shut up the sea behind doors when it burst forth from the womb".

How do you know to treat it metaphorically as opposed to literally?

Because it was not made for the authors understanding. God told Moses to write Genesis so His people could understand creation, God's awesome power and the first geneology family lines.

Which is my point. Why does this have to be literal to convey the message the God made everything?

Again, God prefaced the 6, 24 hours days with day and night. Which makes them 6, 24 hour solar days.

So? Is that the only reason you take it literally?

The bible clearly tells us that all creation groans due to sin. Romans 8:21 states "creation [is in] bondage to decay". Meaning all creation by God is affected by sin.

Your answer seems to imply that yes, animals can sin.

But you may want to re-read all of Romans 8. It speaks of spiritual death, not physical death.

Romans 8:6 - "The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace"

Romans 8:13 - "For if you live according to the sinful nature, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chud247

Nov 14, 2002
Visit site
✟167.00
*You are still missing the point. If death could not happen the world would become overpopulated in a very short amount of time. I shall have to go and do the math again, to check on my dates.*

I don't see how I am missing your point. Genesis 1:28 says "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it". Never does he tell the animals to do this. In fact, for all we know, animals may not have started reproducing until after Adam sinned. God may have created enough animals to subdue the earth the first 100 years or so. We do not know. But even if they were reproducing before sin, they all were created from a single place, which I believe 100 years is long enough, given your calculation to fill the earth with life in all types.

*Why are carnivores designed to eat meat? Why are there animals that Must have meat to survive?*

There are many reasons behind this. For one, God knew what was coming, therefore he prepared for some animals to eat meat and to eat their own kind after the fall of man. Or, simply... carnivores weren't created until after the fall of man.

*Sorry, but now you are doing some none literal twisting of the bible, Isa 40:22 Does Not say the earth is round. Matter of fact it says just the opposite.*

Well first off, there was no hebrew translation for sphere. That conlcudes that argument entirely. You do, however, say on your site that, "It has been seen from drawings and other verses that when the bible was written, it was believed the earth was flat." Where are these other verses and drawings? Maybe in the time of when those verses were written, non followers of God believed that the earth was flat... but not anywhere in the bible.

*How do you know to treat it metaphorically as opposed to literally?*

Pete, you do have a point and I will agree that in some points of the bible, especially in revelations, there are a lot of metaphorically challenged verses and even full chapters. But they are all still in a literal sense. They are always either dreams, visions or God talking directly to the person for their own understanding. Not ours. All the messages to US are in a literal understanding.

*Your answer seems to imply that yes, animals can sin.*

No, animals groan because of the fall of Adam. When he brought sin into this world. And all of creation is now in bondage of decay and death because of Adam bringing sin.

*this is a baseless assumption.*

Lol, the whole theory of evolution is a baseless assumption.

Upvote 0
J

Jet Black

Dayton said:
:clap:

Evolution is pure speculation. There is no proof of a fish turning into a cow or any other animals or humans evolving.

there is lots of evidence. thousands and thousands and thousands of pages of evidence in numerous journals. lucaspa is very good at pointing out articles to read. have you ever read any of them?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mechanical Bliss

Secrecy and accountability cannot co-exist.
Nov 3, 2002
A^2
Visit site
✟21,365.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Democrat
chud247 said:
Lol, the whole theory of evolution is a baseless assumption.

How can the theory of evolution be a baseless assumption if it a scientific theory supported by all available evidence? If it's supported by evidence it cannot be baseless.

Upvote 0

chud247

Nov 14, 2002
Visit site
✟167.00
No, adaptation is seen every day. There is no proof that supports the evolution theory. And if there is, then why has nobody won the debate with the Center of Scientific Creation that has been putting out the public aruguement since 1980? Not one person has shown any evidence.

Or what about Dr. Hovind's offer of $250,000 to anyone who can give any empirical evidence for evolution? Heck.. you can even call him on the phone at 850-479-3466 and debate it. Not one person since 1990 has shown anything.

Evolutionists have spent 130 years and billions of tax dollars to prove their theory but can't even come close. They are even teaching it in our schools. Which is one of the main reasons why I homeschool.

Upvote 0
J

Jet Black

Mechanical Bliss said:
How can the theory of evolution be a baseless assumption if it a scientific theory supported by all available evidence? If it's supported by evidence it cannot be baseless.

because there is no evidence. all of it is just flawed misinterpretations. funny how it is so easy for us to misinterpret things like clear physical evidence, but they don't misinterpret a book full of words.

Upvote 0
J

Jet Black

chud247 said:
No, adaptation is seen every day. There is no proof that supports the evolution theory. And if there is, then why has nobody won the debate with the Center of Scientific Creation that has been putting out the public aruguement since 1980? Not one person has shown any evidence.

Or what about Dr. Hovind's offer of $250,000 to anyone who can give any empirical evidence for evolution? Heck.. you can even call him on the phone at 850-479-3466 and debate it. Not one person since 1990 has shown anything.

Evolutionists have spent 130 years and billions of tax dollars to prove their theory but can't even come close. They are even teaching it in our schools. Which is one of the main reasons why I homeschool.

evolution is adaptation. what is the mechanism that stops species from emerging?

hovind's offer is a fraud.

Upvote 0

Arikay

HI
Jan 23, 2003
Visit site
✟21,317.00
Faith
Taoist
Very interesting, I havent heard of that before.

ok, I did out the calculations and came up with some interesting results.

Fun with bunny math.

After looking up information about bunnies I discovered that they have a main breeding period of about 9 months long, they are constantly in heat, their gestation period is 30 days long, there is an average of 5 - 8 in a litter and they are ready to give birth at around 6 months.

Theoretically that means a bunny can have 9 litters in its main breeding period, and that 2/3s of the way through, the first litter can have babies of its own.

Now the bunnies in my example will be a bit slower, they will have a litter every other month for around 5 litters a year, they will have 6 bunnies per litter (3 male, 3 female, to keep things simple), and they will not breed after birth until the following year.

The Surface area of the earth is 5,502,066,736,020,795.345 square feet.

Year 1: 1 pair of bunnies breed 6 kids 5 times. 30 new bunnies, 32 total.
2: 16 PB breed 6 kids 5 times each. 480 new bunnies, plus 32, 512 total.
3: 256 PB breed 7680 new bunnies, plus 512, 8192 total
4: 131072 total.
12: 281474976710656 total pairs or 562,949,953,421,312 Total Bunnies.
13: 4503599627370496 total Pairs or 9,007,199,254,740,992 Total bunnies.

So, inbetween 12 years and 13 years, if no bunny dies, and the population is never kept in check, there will be the same amount of bunnies as total square footage on the Earth (including over the ocean). After 13 years there will be more.

Jet Black said:
I recall a similar calculation showing how frogs would outweight the universe in a handful of generations.

say a pair of frogs has 500 tadpoles, 250 of each.

250^10 = 9.5x10^23 frogs.

Upvote 0