Minnesota
✟7,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
So many believed the words Luke wrote in Luke 1:1-4 were to the true church as Theophilus can be translated God lover/lover of God. Which means the Bible is God love letter to mankind especially those called out By Him. John 20:31 tells us thee are written that we might believe Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. Jesus Himself said the Scriptures testify of Him, John 5:39!

So my question is how do modern Christian get by with the oldest and best manuscripts don’t have this/these verse/verses? Passages such as Mark 16:9-20; John 7:53-8:11; I think Acts 8:37 is another, and one of my favorite verses I John 5:7. I know many will say the older text are missing them, but we have many places were Church Fathers quoted these exact verses will before the oldest and best manuscripts were written. I fear the modern church is now listening to the serpent lie from the Garden: …Yea, hath God said… Genesis 3:1

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
So many believed the words Luke wrote in Luke 1:1-4 were to the true church as Theophilus can be translated God lover/lover of God. Which means the Bible is God love letter to mankind especially those called out By Him. John 20:31 tells us thee are written that we might believe Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. Jesus Himself said the Scriptures testify of Him, John 5:39!

So my question is how do modern Christian get by with the oldest and best manuscripts don’t have this/these verse/verses? Passages such as Mark 16:9-20; John 7:53-8:11; I think Acts 8:37 is another, and one of my favorite verses I John 5:7. I know many will say the older text are missing them, but we have many places were Church Fathers quoted these exact verses will before the oldest and best manuscripts were written. I fear the modern church is now listening to the serpent lie from the Garden: …Yea, hath God said… Genesis 3:1
Textual criticism does no harm to Christianity. The Church existed before the bible so it doesn't have as much bearing on the Church as some would make it out today.

Upvote 0

65James

Feb 18, 2024
Minnesota
✟7,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Textual criticism does no harm to Christianity. The Church existed before the bible so it doesn't have as much bearing on the Church as some would make it out today.
How so the early Church had the complete Old Testament/Old Covenant. And as the Apostles started to disappear/were called home much of the New Testament/New Covenant was being used. The Message of the Lord’s Covenant Malachi 3:1,
Isaiah 40:8.

The passage from Isaiah could honestly speak of Jesus, Himself. But as we look at I Peter 1:22 thru 2:3, especially verse 2 how do I grow without the sincere milk of the Word. The Word which since the Garden of Eden satan has questioned along with many others, II Corinthians 2:17.

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
How so the early Church had the complete Old Testament/Old Covenant. And as the Apostles started to disappear/were called home much of the New Testament/New Covenant was being used. The Message of the Lord’s Covenant Malachi 3:1,
Isaiah 40:8.

The passage from Isaiah could honestly speak of Jesus, Himself. But as we look at I Peter 1:22 thru 2:3, especially verse 2 how do I grow without the sincere milk of the Word. The Word which since the Garden of Eden satan has questioned along with many others, II Corinthians 2:17.

It's odd that you say "the complete Old Testament". The Apostles didn't have an Old Testament. They had a body of works considered authoritative, and those works contained the books of the Septuagint. Something Protestants came along two thousand years after the fact and removed part of. Aside from that, there were several bodies of texts here and there that varied in wording from one to another. Same books, different wording. None of which really changes anything. And nowadays people want to use the wording of the Masoretic Text as authoritative yet it did not exist until 1000 AD. That's why the old testament quotes in the new testament of the King James Version don't match the wording of the King James old testament itself.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
first of all guys, Jesus Christ is the living word.

the word ( Spirit) was made flesh and dwelled among man/flesh.

a simple mind can understand that the jews were picked by God to know Him, and to be testified by God how they were under a curse, and to look for the Messiah, their redeemer.

all was fulfilled of this, how the voice in the wilderness prepared the way of the Lord, those paths definitely had to be made straight, and immediately Jesus preaching the gospel was heard as we hear in the beginning of all of the gospels of Christ, including Luke 1, how Luke says he was an eye witness.

then we hear the gospel message, is unknown to the disciples of Christ, ( although testified in the word of God about Christ having to die and be dead for three days and nights in the heart of the earth)

Jesus we hear also resurrected, which Mark 16 can either have in original manuscripts, or other manuscripts show the same resurrection of Jesus Christ, as I said, Jesus Christ is the living word, and the living believe kin the living, but the dead, believe only in the dead.

Upvote 0