Private
✟13,138.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
To disagree without being disagreeable...

Something deeply troubles me about the reactions my original post has gotten here. First, there are numerous people who seem to assume I don't know how the Heliocentric model works. Do you really think to school me on this subject, when I've spent most of my life studying it? Nearly my whole life obsessed with it? When I took hours per night, defending it against "crazy backwards thinking conspiracy theorists"?

One of you attacked how I write, another attacked how openly I expressed my feelings. The rest of you tried and failed to convince me of anything, other than how closed minded you are.

Is my claim crazy? To the world, yes. To me? Not anymore. It's far more crazy to believe what man claims, against all sensory experience, worshipping that image as if it's an idol; much like that massive spinning globe, situated behind the pulpit of some churches.

I'm the crazy one? You give me a lunar eclipse and think it proves something about Earth's shape? You look to the ceiling and think it proves something about the floor? I look at the floor and say, "it's level, it's flat, and it ends at four walls". You tell me it is a sphere because... the ceiling lights do weird things."

Maybe agree to disagree and please remember, we're all Christians here. Whether you all agree or not, geocentric reality was used to wake me up and bring me to Christ when nothing else was powerful enough.

God has given me new eyes and a new mind; He has made me a new creature. He has opened my eyes to a different way to read scripture, which curiously enough is a way I once despised and fought against. Maybe respect that, even if you side with man's understandings?

Upvote 0

Strange Plane

Sep 26, 2018
Private
✟13,138.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'd like to add to this, something I just finished writing:

___

So, it's 12:58, nearly and hour past midnight and I'm compelled to write something which has been nagging at me lately. This message is to fellow Christians.

It's rather strange that so many of us have enough faith to believe in the literal existence of a literally all knowing, literally all-powerful, literally all present God. We believe this God, literally created everything. Many of us believe this God, caused a literal world flood once. Many of us also believe the Bible is the literally inerrant and literally inspired word of God.

We believe a literal man, born literally perfect, born literally sinless, literally died for the literal sins of the literal entirety of humanity. We believe Jesus was literally buried in a tomb and literally rose three days after. We also believe He was literally taken up into Heaven, and that he will one day, literally return in glory, in the literal clouds.

We believe in a literal resurrection of the saved, where we are to be given literal new bodies, made literally incorruptible and literally immortal.

Some believe God created Heaven and Earth in six literal days. Others? They believe He created these in six thousand years because... interpretation. Others? 14.5 billion years ago or so, give or take and because... "science".

Some believe God started the "Big Bang", and evolution followed. Some believe there was no "Big Bang" and that evolution is a lie. Some believe... and on it goes.

Here is the thing which is nagging at me. Why should I take the resurrection of Christ literally, when creation itself isn't literal? When it's claimed by many pastors and scholars today, that Genesis is written in poetic language and "isn't what it sounds like." Yet, Christ's literal resurrection from literal physical death, isn't "poetic language"? There is evidence for such things? Science proves such things?

Christians will believe the entire gospel in entirety on faith, yet a literal reading of Genesis, presents a problem because... "science"? Because man's understandings?

While it's true that believing Genesis literally isn't required for salvation, it's certainly a strange thing to see Christians fighting fellow Christians who are doing that very thing, just as we are doing with the gospel of Christ.

Don't you find this a bit strange? Genesis is "poetic" and can't be literal because we're all taught that the super-sonic, spaceship Earth, orbits the Sun and zips through the universe at speeds few if any of us can fathom, and there are pictures and videos to prove that? Surely it's just "silly", "retarded", or even worthy of condemnation for us to believe anything different?

I'll ask you, when did being Christian mean we agreed with man or his understandings? Furthermore, let me present something once more to you all.

There is literally no evidence for a resurrection of someone who has died, period; Jesus Christ was the only one. How does your precious science cope with that? How does it cope with any of the things you take on faith and literally about the Bible? Still, Geocentric cosmology is too much for you? "Flat Earth" is scary because... "NASA"? Because... "science says"... or because... "things in the sky say so" ? Honestly, of all the things we all believe, THIS is the hardest one to deal with? THIS is the one which must be fought by pastors? THIS is the one which a pastor had to lose his job over? THIS?

Certainly, THIS... Do you know why? It pushes people away. It's just "too much to take on faith" for most people, and most pastors either won't touch it or they will fight it viciously. Yet, something interesting happens when you end up accepting a Geocentric cosmology.

You fully understand you're not an accident. You don't worry about "threats from space". You don't think about "space aliens". You realize you're incredibly special to God, evident by creation itself. Every light in the sky, including the Sun and Moon were made to give light upon your home. If you end up accepting enclosed Geocentric cosmology, you realize God is literally above you, not in some "distant dimension" or on some "other planet". Ultimately, you understand why Christ died for us, and creation and it's order make all of this incredibly clear. You will see the mark of God's love for us everywhere, in everything, and when you look to the stars at night, it will be magnified even more.

Regarding me? While I'm certainly thought a fool over this matter, I'm choosing to accept the entire Bible for what it is, the literal inerrant, literally inspired word of an entirely literal God, who is literally omni-max, who literally created everything around this Earth, where we live, who literally loves us, and literally became flesh and died, just to save us from our foolish ways.

It's now 1:40 am.

Upvote 0

Leon Seymore

Oct 19, 2018
Pretoria
✟8,923.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I recently had discussions during which it became clear that Genesis is in fact not primarily a history of creation but a creed and confession of faith. This creed states
1) God exists
2) God created
3) The creation followed a specific sequence. It was not the product of random events.
4) God and the creation is not the same. God is God.... and the creation is the creation. This is a confession of faith.

Upvote 0