Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
____
Creation Matters
Strange Plane
____

If you're a Christian, you obviously accept the free gift of eternal salvation through our Lord, Jesus Christ. You obviously believe He is God, come in the flesh, who was crucified, was buried, and rose on the third day. You also obviously believe He will return again, and that there will be a resurrection of believers at the appointed time.

Some of you will believe in the power of water baptism, others will explain that true baptism is the baptism of the Holy Spirit. Others will worry about what day the Sabbath is supposed to be; Saturday or Sunday.

Still more will concern themselves as to whether the Earth was created in six days, six thousand years, or if it's approximately 4.5 billion years old, as is claimed by modern science. Some will take the Bible literally, while others will take it as metaphor, allegory; a series of parables and moral advice.

I have to wonder if in their arrogance, they also assume the glory of God, also is other than literal, or that Hell doesn't exist and yet, somehow, Heaven is a real place and it's eternal?

Which is it? Is Hell a fable and yet Heaven is for real? Is Hell, literally below our feet, here in North America, and consequently, below the feet of the Australians? Yet Heaven is... where? In some occultic dimension?

Did the locality of Heaven shift, meanwhile Hell is still somehow within the spinning molten core of the spherical Earth? Then again, perhaps Hell or at least the Lake of Fire is within the giant Sun, which we're told our spheroid orbits?

I will not soon forget when I was told that "the new Earth is a huge planet" and somehow, that planet was going to collide with Earth, destroying and replacing it in an instant. How ridiculous does this sound? For me, it sounds absurd and I understand why Athiesm continues to grow.

Why can't people just stick to Scripture, rather than force their own interpretations? Why is a doctrine of convenience acceptable in some areas, yet in others it's an abomination? No sane Christian, questions the divinity of Jesus Christ, yet the locality of His Kingdom is perfectly acceptable to question?

The Bible makes it clear, Earth is stationary, fixed, and stands on a solid foundation; it even has pillars. The Bible makes it clear that the Sun and Moon are local to the Earth and go around it, rather than the Earth, orbiting a giant ball of gasses.

The Bible presents a Geocentric model, with Earth as the fixed center of creation, over which everything above circuits. The Bible also makes it clear that Earth is a plane, not a spheroid. While many wish to argue this, there is no argument, unless people wish to call the Holy Spirit, Who inspired the Bible's content, to be a liar?

People will argue that the creation account and much of the content in the Bible is written from the perspective of people, ignorant to the facts of the ever expanding universe. They will argue that this scripture:

---

Joshua 10:13 KJV
And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.
---

is incorrect, and it was the Earth which ceased to spin, causing the appearance that the Sun had stopped moving. There are issues with this, obviously. What happens when an object, spinning approximately 1,000 miles per hour, is made to stop? Think about it?

---

2 Kings 20:11 KJV
And Isaiah the prophet cried unto the Lord : and he brought the shadow ten degrees backward, by which it had gone down in the dial of Ahaz.

---

The Sun's shadow on a Sundial was made to move backwards 10 degrees? Did God stop Earth's rotation and then spin it backwards, and stop it and return it to its natural motion? Wait, why are people even arguing the Earth's motion? Its stationary and can not be moved.

Keeping everything in perspective, I return to my original intention for writing this article. Why does understanding of the creation matter? What does the age, workings, and shape of the creation matter? Furthermore, would it matter if someone believed NASA's propaganda their whole life, yet remained a dedicated, Bible believing, washed in the Blood, Christian?

Obviously the only salvation possible is through our Lord, Jesus Christ. Obviously, there are specific requirements of faith, regarding the above. However, denying Scripture, doesn't make for a convincing "Bible believer", does it?

Denying that our Lord, could and did create this world, exactly as is written in Scripture, simply because... "NASA" or because... "scientists" doesn't seem an action of someone who claims to live by faith, does it?

Consider Christianity in view of the Atheist:

Over two-thousand years ago, a Jewish man offended a group of people. He was crucified in accordance to the law of the time, and was buried, and somehow, defying all worldy logic, rose from the grave, three days later? Adding to the fantasy, this man, supposedly died for all the sins of mankind, which an omni-max God in the sky, knew before man was even created? This man, Jesus, turned water into wine, healed the sick, made the blind to see, the deaf hear, and the lame to walk. Surely this is ridiculous to the Atheist? Compounding this, millions upon millions of people today, believe this narrative, yet you as the Atheist, see no evidence for any of it.

How much more ridiculous is it to believe in literal creation? In a literal understanding of Scripture, except where it is clearly not literal and made obvious that's it's not?

In other words, while salvation isn't found through Biblical Cosmology, denying what the Lord made, specifically for mankind, and our importance to God, through the order of this creation, certainly doesn't sound right, does it?

Furthermore, to brush off something which has caused numerous unbelievers to seek Christ, calling it "distraction", seems horribly short sighted, doesn't it? God's creation is distracting? The signs of His Glory are distracting? The precision time piece, which He made above us, also distracting? The time piece we are to watch for signs and seasons? This is distraction? The firmament also? Yet it's a clear and tangible display of God's literal handiwork; the work of His hands? This is distraction? This is unimportant?

Certainly, I'm not diminishing the importance of Christ; I'm not even certain why I'd be accused of this. I'm not placing cosmology above the Gospel. Christ is Lord, period; there is no debate.

Still, I feel it's terrible that so many would rather believe the claims of man, of government organizations, of imperfect science, rather than the word of God; The Holy Bible.

Does this topic cause division among believers? Yes? Does it provoke anger? Yes,. Does this mean it should be ignored, merely to maintain numbers in physical churches? In groups of believers? Should any part of the Bible be ignored, simply to keep peace between believers? Should we also embrace evolution theory and the "Big Bang", even though its entirely anti-Biblical, just to keep peace?

Perhaps "aliens" are our space brothers and sisters, created also by God, as the Pope recently proclaimed? Should we believe this too? Where is the line to be drawn?

Should we now declare that homosexuality isn't a sin, and let homosexuals be given over to sacred marriage; marriage which is between a man and a woman?

Should we now deny the existence of Hell, yet celebrate the reality of Heaven? Should our minds be given away to false doctrine,that we also would believe so many lies? Should we teach these lies to God's little ones? How certain are you of what man says, that you would teach your children or allow them to be taught these things? What if the space fantasies lead your child to Atheism? What if because of these lies, your child died without Christ in his or her heart? Does keeping the peace matter then? Does your reputation among men matter then? Do you not want your little children to know the truth or should they too be given over to lies?

I have debated this, I have prayed on this, I have waged battles within myself regarding this but at the end of the day, either we are given over to believe lies or we stand in the Truth; either we believe God's word or we believe what man says. Make your choice. I have made mine and I stand with Scripture; I stand with Christ.

Where do you stand?

Last edited:

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Likely, this will be among one of the most difficult things I have shared to date. I am certain it will make me appear foolish, deluded, even retarded to most who read it. Perhaps I'll be called a deceiver, a divider; I might even be rebuked for my words. However, despite the persecution I'm certain to face from many for sharing this, and for believing what I do, I am choosing to do so regardless.

____
Creation Matters
Strange Plane
____

I hope this writing finds you all well...
~

If you're a Christian, you obviously accept the free gift of eternal salvation through our Lord, Jesus Christ. You obviously believe He is God, come in the flesh, who was crucified, was buried, and rose on the third day. You also obviously believe He will return again, and that there will be a resurrection of believers at the appointed time.

Some of you will believe in the power of water baptism, others will explain that true baptism is the baptism of the Holy Spirit. Others will worry about what day the Sabbath is supposed to be; Saturday or Sunday.

Still more will concern themselves as to whether the Earth was created in six days, six thousand years, or if it's approximately 4.5 billion years old, as is claimed by modern science. Some will take the Bible literally, while others will take it as metaphor, allegory; a series of parables and moral advice.

I have to wonder if in their arrogance, they also assume the glory of God, also is other than literal, or that Hell doesn't exist and yet, somehow, Heaven is a real place and it's eternal?

Which is it? Is Hell a fable and yet Heaven is for real? Is Hell, literally below our feet, here in North America, and consequently, below the feet of the Australians? Yet Heaven is... where? In some occultic dimension?

Did the locality of Heaven shift, meanwhile Hell is still somehow within the spinning molten core of the spherical Earth? Then again, perhaps Hell or at least the Lake of Fire is within the giant Sun, which we're told our spheroid orbits?

I will not soon forget when I was told that "the new Earth is a huge planet" and somehow, that planet was going to collide with Earth, destroying and replacing it in an instant. How ridiculous does this sound? For me, it sounds absurd and I understand why Athiesm continues to grow.

Why can't people just stick to Scripture, rather than force their own interpretations? Why is a doctrine of convenience acceptable in some areas, yet in others it's an abomination? No sane Christian, questions the divinity of Jesus Christ, yet the locality of His Kingdom is perfectly acceptable to question?

The Bible makes it clear, Earth is stationary, fixed, and stands on a solid foundation; it even has pillars. The Bible makes it clear that the Sun and Moon are local to the Earth and go around it, rather than the Earth, orbiting a giant ball of gasses.

The Bible presents a Geocentric model, with Earth as the fixed center of creation, over which everything above circuits. The Bible also makes it clear that Earth is a plane, not a spheroid. While many wish to argue this, there is no argument, unless people wish to call the Holy Spirit, Who inspired the Bible's content, to be a liar?

People will argue that the creation account and much of the content in the Bible is written from the perspective of people, ignorant to the facts of the ever expanding universe. They will argue that this scripture:

---

Joshua 10:13 KJV
And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.
---

is incorrect, and it was the Earth which ceased to spin, causing the appearance that the Sun had stopped moving. There are issues with this, obviously. What happens when an object, spinning approximately 1,000 miles per hour, is made to stop? Think about it?

---

2 Kings 20:11 KJV
And Isaiah the prophet cried unto the Lord : and he brought the shadow ten degrees backward, by which it had gone down in the dial of Ahaz.

---

The Sun's shadow on a Sundial was made to move backwards 10 degrees? Did God stop Earth's rotation and then spin it backwards, and stop it and return it to its natural motion? Wait, why are people even arguing the Earth's motion? Its stationary and can not be moved.

Keeping everything in perspective, I return to my original intention for writing this article. Why does understanding of the creation matter? What does the age, workings, and shape of the creation matter? Furthermore, would it matter if someone believed NASA's propaganda their whole life, yet remained a dedicated, Bible believing, washed in the Blood, Christian?

Obviously the only salvation possible is through our Lord, Jesus Christ. Obviously, there are specific requirements of faith, regarding the above. However, denying Scripture, doesn't make for a convincing "Bible believer", does it?

Denying that our Lord, could and did create this world, exactly as is written in Scripture, simply because... "NASA" or because... "scientists" doesn't seem an action of someone who claims to live by faith, does it?

Consider Christianity in view of the Atheist:

Over two-thousand years ago, a Jewish man offended a group of people. He was crucified in accordance to the law of the time, and was buried, and somehow, defying all worldy logic, rose from the grave, three days later? Adding to the fantasy, this man, supposedly died for all the sins of mankind, which an omni-max God in the sky, knew before man was even created? This man, Jesus, turned water into wine, healed the sick, made the blind to see, the deaf hear, and the lame to walk. Surely this is ridiculous to the Atheist? Compounding this, millions upon millions of people today, believe this narrative, yet you as the Atheist, see no evidence for any of it.

How much more ridiculous is it to believe in literal creation? In a literal understanding of Scripture, except where it is clearly not literal and made obvious that's it's not?

In other words, while salvation isn't found through Biblical Cosmology, denying what the Lord made, specifically for mankind, and our importance to God, through the order of this creation, certainly doesn't sound right, does it?

Furthermore, to brush off something which has caused numerous unbelievers to seek Christ, calling it "distraction", seems horribly short sighted, doesn't it? God's creation is distracting? The signs of His Glory are distracting? The precision time piece, which He made above us, also distracting? The time piece we are to watch for signs and seasons? This is distraction? The firmament also? Yet it's a clear and tangible display of God's literal handiwork; the work of His hands? This is distraction? This is unimportant?

Certainly, I'm not diminishing the importance of Christ; I'm not even certain why I'd be accused of this. I'm not placing cosmology above the Gospel. Christ is Lord, period; there is no debate.

Still, I feel it's terrible that so many would rather believe the claims of man, of government organizations, of imperfect science, rather than the word of God; The Holy Bible.

Does this topic cause division among believers? Yes? Does it provoke anger? Yes,. Does this mean it should be ignored, merely to maintain numbers in physical churches? In groups of believers? Should any part of the Bible be ignored, simply to keep peace between believers? Should we also embrace evolution theory and the "Big Bang", even though its entirely anti-Biblical, just to keep peace?

Perhaps "aliens" are our space brothers and sisters, created also by God, as the Pope recently proclaimed? Should we believe this too? Where is the line to be drawn?

Should we now declare that homosexuality isn't a sin, and let homosexuals be given over to sacred marriage; marriage which is between a man and a woman?

Should we now deny the existence of Hell, yet celebrate the reality of Heaven? Should our minds be given away to false doctrine,that we also would believe so many lies? Should we teach these lies to God's little ones? How certain are you of what man says, that you would teach your children or allow them to be taught these things? What if the space fantasies lead your child to Atheism? What if because of these lies, your child died without Christ in his or her heart? Does keeping the peace matter then? Does your reputation among men matter then? Do you not want your little children to know the truth or should they too be given over to lies?

I have debated this, I have prayed on this, I have waged battles within myself regarding this but at the end of the day, either we are given over to believe lies or we stand in the Truth; either we believe God's word or we believe what man says. Make your choice. I have made mine and I stand with Scripture; I stand with Christ.

Where do you stand?
"Why can't people just stick to Scripture, rather than force their own interpretations?"

Acts 20

29I know that after my departure fierce wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock; 30and from among your own selves will arise men speaking twisted things, to draw away the disciples after them

Search the scriptures to make sure what is being taught is true. Each of us has that responsibility. Compare scripture to what is being taught.

God Bless.

• Agree
Reactions: Strange Plane
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Turn on your tv and watch the news and weather.
You will hear the weather presentor use terma like 'sun rise' and 'sun set'.
They do not believe that the sun revolves around the earth yet use language that implies that they do believe it.

In the same way pictoral l;anguage is used in the bible, like winds blowing from the four corners or the pillars of the earth. etc etc.

How do you account for those passages that talk about the eartgh being round or hanging like a ball in space?
Then you have the evidece that the earth is circular and does not stand on pillars?

Upvote 0

Strange Plane

Sep 26, 2018
Private
✟13,138.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Turn on your tv and watch the news and weather.
You will hear the weather presentor use terma like 'sun rise' and 'sun set'.
They do not believe that the sun revolves around the earth yet use language that implies that they do believe it.

In the same way pictoral l;anguage is used in the bible, like winds blowing from the four corners or the pillars of the earth. etc etc.

How do you account for those passages that talk about the eartgh being round or hanging like a ball in space?
Then you have the evidece that the earth is circular and does not stand on pillars?

The Bible doesn't declare that the Earth is hanging like a ball in space, much less that it's any sort of ball at all. Furthermore, the four corners could be just as literal as the circle, since the circle is inscribed into "the great deep" and there is reason to believe that was frozen.

If you refer to this:

Job 26:7 KJV
He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing.

Read it in context because the context is different. How can the Earth hang, when it is clearly established that it is on a solid foundation and that it can not be moved?

Furthermore, there is absolutely zero mention of "outer space" here.

Why are you interpreting The Scriptures, through the lens of modern science anyways?

Lastly, why are you comparing the words of God in Genesis to a weather man/lady, talking about sun rising and setting?

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
astly, why are you comparing the words of God in Genesis to a weather man/lady, talking about sun rising and setting?

Because they use the same langauge used of a geocentrix view of the earth and there use of language is done in the same way as the bible.
It illistrates what we see, not what reality is.

Upvote 0

Strange Plane

Sep 26, 2018
Private
✟13,138.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Because they use the same langauge used of a geocentrix view of the earth and there use of language is done in the same way as the bible.
It illistrates what we see, not what reality is.

In other words, you are declaring that GOD made a mistake with Genesis? GOD wasn't great enough to assure that Genesis was written accurately? Why call Him GOD then?

Furthermore, getting into the science of this matter, where is your proof that Earth is a planet and orbits the Sun?

Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
…The Bible makes it clear, Earth is stationary, fixed, and stands on a solid foundation; it even has pillars.

I just want to say, in the Bible, earth means dry land that was in the beginning set on top of vast water area and supported by pillars.

God called the dry land Earth, and the gathering together of the waters he called Seas. God saw that it was good.

Genesis 1:10
http://www.kolumbus.fi/r.berg/geology.html

Without understanding that, it is not likely that person can understand much of this world. But, unfortunately it seems not many even want to understand, especially atheists don’t seem to want to understand.

Reactions: Strange Plane
Upvote 0

Strange Plane

Sep 26, 2018
Private
✟13,138.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I just want to say, in the Bible, earth means dry land that was in the beginning set on top of vast water area and supported by pillars.

God called the dry land Earth, and the gathering together of the waters he called Seas. God saw that it was good.

Genesis 1:10
http://www.kolumbus.fi/r.berg/geology.html

Without understanding that, it is not likely that person can understand much of this world. But, unfortunately it seems not many even want to understand, especially atheists don’t seem to want to understand.
Well said.

—-
Edit
—-

The website you linked is inaccurate and once again, I’m unsure why someone needs to go through this level of mental gymnastics, just to keep with what an occultist claimed about the Earth, which other occultists perpetuate... and Athiests build up wild theories regarding.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In other words, you are declaring that GOD made a mistake with Genesis? GOD wasn't great enough to assure that Genesis was written accurately? Why call Him GOD then?

Furthermore, getting into the science of this matter, where is your proof that Earth is a planet and orbits the Sun?

God told us what he did in genesis. There are no mistakes recorded there only mistakes of interpertation.

Evidence that the earth revolves around the sun can be seen every time there is a full moon when the earth cuts off the light of the sun from the moon.

Upvote 0

Strange Plane

Sep 26, 2018
Private
✟13,138.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God told us what he did in genesis. There are no mistakes recorded there only mistakes of interpertation.

Evidence that the earth revolves around the sun can be seen every time there is a full moon when the earth cuts off the light of the sun from the moon.

Please explain.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

The Bible presents a Geocentric model, with Earth as the fixed center of creation, over which everything above circuits. The Bible also makes it clear that Earth is a plane, not a spheroid.

ok that is complete nonsense.

1. As Einstein demonstrated - motion and be accurately described within the context of "a frame of reference" so given a "frame of reverence" of a person standing on Earth the moon and stars appear to orbit the Earth. Obviously.

2. We have maps - to represent the Earth - they have four corners. That does not mean we think the earth is a bit sheet of paper.

There needs to be some common sense here.

Upvote 0

Strange Plane

Sep 26, 2018
Private
✟13,138.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
ok that is complete nonsense.

1. As Einstein demonstrated - motion and be accurately described within the context of "a frame of reference" so given a "frame of reverence" of a person standing on Earth the moon and stars appear to orbit the Earth. Obviously.

2. We have maps - to represent the Earth - they have four corners. That does not mean we think the earth is a bit sheet of paper.

There needs to be some common sense here.

Common sense tells me that I don't live on a watery ball, spinning at approximately 1,000 miles per hour at the equator, orbiting the Sun at around 67,000 miles per hour, whipping around the Galaxy at 514,000 mph, speeding around the great attractor at 1.3 million miles per hour, expanding with the universe at a speed I can't even begin to understand; all the while wobbling, moving in different directions, slowing down and speeding up.

Simply put, my senses tell me I'm standing still, not moving at the speeds above; I'm not living on a supersonic space ball.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Phases of the moon would happen as we see them, even if earth would be stationary center of solar system.

Upvote 0

Strange Plane

Sep 26, 2018
Private
✟13,138.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Phases of the moon would happen as we see them, even if earth would be stationary center of solar system.

If the Earth is the stationary center, around or over which everything above circuits, you wouldn't call that design as a "solar system".

• Agree
Reactions: 1213
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Common sense tells me that I don't live on a watery ball, spinning at approximately 1,000 miles per hour at the equator, orbiting the Sun at around 67,000 miles per hour, whipping around the Galaxy at 514,000 mph, speeding around the great attractor at 1.3 million miles per hour, expanding with the universe at a speed I can't even begin to understand; all the while wobbling, moving in different directions, slowing down and speeding up.

It takes "that ball" 24 hours to rotate once... that is very slow.

By contrast you have the entire universe (not just our Galaxy) going many times faster than the speed of light - just so it can all orbit the Earth every 25 hours. Total nonsense that cannot even remotely be blamed on the Bible.

I have sent rockets to the sun... we can measure the distance to the sun and because of that we can measure distances to objects far out into space near our solar system.

Cool Cosmos

The same right-triangle method can be used from your front door to measure the distance to objects in another neighborhood to your door. It's called "observation" it's called science.

You on the other hand are using emotionalism and creative writing. What is the incentive for such nonsense??
Cool Cosmos

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Explain this quote above, please.

Solar eclipses get all the attention, but if you are able to catch a glimpse of a lunar eclipse, you can see evidence that the Earth is, indeed, round. Here's how it works: Earth passes between the moon and sun, so that the sun projects Earth’s shadow onto the Moon in the night sky. You've probably seen a partial lunar eclipse without even noticing it; if the moon looks orange, that's a sign of a lunar eclipse. If you've ever seen a total lunar eclipse, you probably noticed that the shadow did not look like this.

A Lunar Eclipse flat-Earthers have never seen.

A round shadow crossed over a round object. This does not sound like a thing that would happen if we were on a plane with all of the celestial bodies simply hovering overhead—or, perhaps more assinine, if the sun were orbiting Earth and not vice versa.

Upvote 0