USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Zero science to back up your position. I work in Healthcare. Masks are nothing more than a public feel good measure.
So sneezing without covering your mouth and nose doesn't spread germs? What training do you have if I might ask?

• Agree
Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Its not a conspiracy theory its Bible prophecy revelations 13. How else do you think people are going to be forced to take a mark on their right hand or forehead? The devil disquise himself as the angel of light. It called desensitizing people and programming them to be sheep by lieing to them. Its a known fact that the government and media brainwash people because most people believe everything the media says. Its called Agenda 2030, bill gates id2020. But anyways im gonna stop right here. I totally respect your point of view everybody is free to their own opinion and this is my opinion. I just believe people shouldn't be forced to wear a mask. My opinion is if your old or your worried about the virus then by all means wear a mask.

The mark of the beast? What? You are entitled to your opinion. I don’t give it any credibility. They wore masks in 1918 during the Spanish flu. I don’t think any of them took the mark of the beast.

• Agree
Reactions: pgp_protector
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So many people ripping others about not wearing a mask that have no professional experience and don't work in Healthcare. Don't be deceived into a false sense of security.
= sneeze in public without covering your nose.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
But suffering one of the worst diseases ever is worth it?
My Governor of my state got this "worst disease ever" and only felt a little weak for a day and has totally recovered from it still in office visiting my city today here. He didn't suffer during his 14 day quarantine but perhaps of some boredom.

• Agree
Reactions: Brighid
Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Of course it impedes on worship. It prevents the singing of psalms and it prevents the taking of communion. It's also not healthy to breathe in your own CO2 for long periods of time. It's also a problem for those people I previously mentioned, who cannot wear masks. Beyond that, the masks are ineffective and nothing more than a placebo.
So mask are able to stop the atomic structure of CO2, or O2, but not able to stop the Much Larger Virus?
The mark of the beast? What? You are entitled to your opinion. I don’t give it any credibility. They wore masks in 1918 during the Spanish flu. I don’t think any of them took the mark of the beast.
Well that was just to prep them for it. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My Governor of my state got this "worst disease ever" and only felt a little weak for a day and has totally recovered from it still in office visiting my city today here. He didn't suffer during his 14 day quarantine but perhaps of some boredom.
What about all the dead?

• Agree
Upvote 0

NW82

Jul 22, 2017
Chicago, IL
✟80,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
So sneezing without covering your mouth and nose doesn't spread germs? What training do you have if I might ask?
Oddly enough I never said that...maybe don't put words in people's mouths? We aren't specifically speaking about those who are symptomatic. If you are actively sick then you should quarantine yourself. If you aren't using a properly fitted and designed respirator masks then, wearing a mask is pretty much useless. As far as training, there is no point making an argument, because your mind is clearly made up without proper knowledge. If you want proof, go read the journal article the CDC published.

= sneeze in public without covering your nose.
Once again you cannot compare sneezing, to wearing a mask. Do you wear a mask when you have a cold? Didn't think so.

But suffering one of the worst diseases ever is worth it?
The mortality rate of nCoV-19 is less than half of one percent. The bubonic plague was 50-70% (modern day 10-15%), pneumonic plague was 30-100% (modern day the same percentages exist unless treated early), various major 30% (since been eradicated), MERS 34%, H5N1 53%, and Ebola had 50% morality rate. You cannot equate nCoV-19 as one of "one of the worst diseases ever".

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oddly enough I never said that...maybe don't put words in people's mouths? We aren't specifically speaking about those who are symptomatic. If you are actively sick then you should quarantine yourself. If you aren't using a properly fitted and designed respirator masks then, wearing a mask is pretty much useless. As far as training, there is not point making an argument, because your mind is clearly made up without proper knowledge. If you want proof, go read the journal article the CDC published.

Once again you cannot compare sneezing, to wearing a mask. Do you wear a mask when you have a cold? Didn't think so.

The mortality rate of nCoV-19 is less than half if one percent. The bubonic plague was 50-70% (modern day 10-15%), pneumonic plague was 30-100% (modern day the same percentages exist unless treated early), various major 30% (since been eradicated), MERS 34%, H5N1 53%, and Ebola had 50% morality rate. You cannot equate nCoV-19 as one of "one of the worst diseases ever".
If you infect others without taking precautions, and they die, are you guilty of murder?

• Useful
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

NW82

Jul 22, 2017
Chicago, IL
✟80,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
If you infect others without taking precautions, and they die, are you guilty of murder?
You always respond with a question? Did you even read my post? What you are saying to people are media talking points without fact. I gave you facts, perhaps do the same?

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
The "God will protect me bunch" are refusing God's protection when they shun masks and social distancing. It's crazy to even go to church now.

It might snow here in Florida. I actually agree with you on something!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
If you aren't using a properly fitted and designed respirator masks then, wearing a mask is pretty much useless. As far as training, there is no point making an argument, because your mind is clearly made up without proper knowledge. If you want proof, go read the journal article the CDC published.

You mean this CDC report that just came out on July 16th? The one that says that you should wear a mask?

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Zero science to back up your position. I work in Healthcare. Masks are nothing more than a public feel good measure.

I work in healthcare as well, and you are very very wrong!!

Upvote 0

NW82

Jul 22, 2017
Chicago, IL
✟80,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
Excerpt from the CDC article:

We conducted a search on November 6, 2018, and identified literature that was available in the databases during 1946–November 5, 2018. We did not identify any published research on the effectiveness of respiratory etiquette in reducing the risk for laboratory-confirmed influenza or ILI. One observational study reported a similar incidence rate of self-reported respiratory illness (defined by >1 symptoms: cough, congestion, sore throat, sneezing, or breathing problems) among US pilgrims with or without practicing respiratory etiquette during the Hajj.

Upvote 0