Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Sorry no they are all lies to try and control us to get us ready for communism. It's all been a lie and we were sheep and gobbled it up
You are wrong, but go ahead and think that if you want.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RushMAN

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2020
West Coast
✟101,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You are putting yourself in the position of saying most everyone else is lying, and that's not a good position to be in, because it will be a false accusation. Making false accusations is a serious sin.

It is as it is

Upvote 0

Angeltp

Aug 5, 2020
Salem
✟19,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry no they are all lies to try and control us to get us ready for communism. It's all been a lie and we were sheep and gobbled it up
Seriously? I do have problem other people that think like you. You are kidding, right? Just say yes. Who are “they”?

Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I

Greaterer??? If I were American in would not vote for somebody who couldn't use correct vocabulary.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,492.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When conspiracy is claimed and facts and numbers, and personal testimonies, are shown in response, and those are answered with just "Lies!" why should we believe that one or the claim of the conspiracy? Any of the lives of those who died mattered.

Upvote 0

John Helpher

John 3:16
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2020
Houston
✟85,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
We assemble but the younger church members refuse to wear a mask citing various opinions based on the bible (God will protect me)

Hi Mel. It's been a couple months since you opened this thread and I haven't read through all the responses so maybe you won't see this reply, but still, I thought your post was good. This thing about God's protection is probably one of the most disgusting elements of the so-called Christian response to the virus.

Yes, God can protect us, but these people aren't really relying on God for protection; their making a political statement and using God to justify it. Satan tried this same trick with Jesus during his temptation; he said, "Jump from this high place; don't worry, God will protect you!" But Jesus knew better. He said such a demand on God's protection was really only tempting God; seeking a selfish miracle.

I think the younger Christians are simply not compassionate. They haven't taken Love Your Neighbor to heart. I wish I saw more of a movement to contribute to food banks and medical charities and pray for our neighbors.

I think you've hit the nail on the head. Wearing masks and socially distancing can be a burdensome inconvenience, for sure, but they are provably effect measures which reduce the spread of the virus. I mean, Jesus calls us to take up our cross, to deny ourselves, and to lay our lives down, yet these people find it offensive just to wear a mask.

My pastors say we have the right to assemble.

Yes, of course, but notice how this shifts the goalposts. No one is preventing them from assembling. Just, wear masks, wash your hands, and keep some distance. But, because they're not genuinely interested in love, (as you've suggested) they conflate the two in an attempt to create confusion.

I know the Holy Spirit directs each individual in their own way. I am wondering if I should say something to my pastors OR simply be accepting of their journey. Any ideas?

Yes, the Holy Spirit can direct us as individuals, but a public health crises isn't an individual issue. As you have suggested, in this case, it would make sense that the Holy Spirit would be directing us to to everything we can to reduce the panic, suffering, and death caused by the virus and the most effective way to do that is to wear masks!

Sure, you could say something to your pastor, but I doubt you will say anything to him that he hasn't already heard. It could be good just for the sake of making a stand even if he snubs you. I don't mean to discourage you from acting with courage, but only that your expectations should be guided by the circumstances; the most likely result is that you will be rebuked or ignored and then you will need to decide where to go from there.

This video might encourage you and if so, I'd like to hear what you think.

Upvote 0

NotUrAvgGuy

Jul 19, 2015
Boise, Idaho
Visit site
✟67,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My city allows churches to assemble outdoors as long as they comply with the mask and social distancing requirements.

My church has signs, free masks and free hand sanitizer to comply with the city regulations. We assemble but the younger church members refuse to wear a mask citing various opinions based on the bible (God will protect me), medical opinions on covid (just the flu), etc. News crews show up to video tape the event. The next day the church is contacted by city officials to discuss our compliance issues.

I think the younger Christians are simply not compassionate. They haven't taken Love Your Neighbor to heart. I wish I saw more of a movement to contribute to food banks and medical charities and pray for our neighbors.

My pastors say we have the right to assemble. They focus more on government intervention instead of compliance and compassion for others.

I know the Holy Spirit directs each individual in their own way. I am wondering if I should say something to my pastors OR simply be accepting of their journey. Any ideas?

Romans 13 says we are to obey the governing authorities. If you are allowed to gather, but required to wear masks, then do so. Whether you believe masks are effective or not, it is not an act of disobedience against God to wear a mask. We should not be stirring civil disobedience against something as trivial as wearing a mask.

I have heard a lot of Christians complain against vaccines and masks saying we should trust God. I wonder how many of them have ever been vaccinated against other things in the past, taken antibiotics, received surgeries, or taken other medications? If so, where was their trust in God? Why are we selectively making covid a matter of trust in God? Luke was a physician. God gave us the intelligence to find treatments and cures and works through them. That's not to say ALL medical advances are good. We've done some immoral things but in general, there is nothing wrong with wearing masks or getting vaccinated.

I would nicely ask my pastor, or an elder, why the church is turning a blind eye to Romans 13 and civil disobedience. What is their Scriptural basis for doing so? If such a question offends them then they are in sin. We should all be answerable to Scripture and they should always be willing to defend their actions by Scripture. I am not suggesting you draw a line in the sand or be confrontational about it. Simply ask. Make them think. Are they more concerned about attendance or obeying Scripture? Many churches now have virtual services if they did not already. If someone doesn't want to wear a mask they can attend virtually. We are dividing over such trivial things...

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My city allows churches to assemble outdoors as long as they comply with the mask and social distancing requirements.

My church has signs, free masks and free hand sanitizer to comply with the city regulations. We assemble but the younger church members refuse to wear a mask citing various opinions based on the bible (God will protect me), medical opinions on covid (just the flu), etc.

They will be unharmed while sitting at home with nobody preaching at them. Life is really hard. Sometimes we have to deal.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I

Greaterer??? If I were American in would not vote for somebody who couldn't use correct vocabulary.

Then you would have refrained from voting. Unfortunately, neither candidate has shown the ability to do what you require.

Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums