Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My city allows churches to assemble outdoors as long as they comply with the mask and social distancing requirements.

My church has signs, free masks and free hand sanitizer to comply with the city regulations. We assemble but the younger church members refuse to wear a mask citing various opinions based on the bible (God will protect me), medical opinions on covid (just the flu), etc. News crews show up to video tape the event. The next day the church is contacted by city officials to discuss our compliance issues.

I think the younger Christians are simply not compassionate. They haven't taken Love Your Neighbor to heart. I wish I saw more of a movement to contribute to food banks and medical charities and pray for our neighbors.

My pastors say we have the right to assemble. They focus more on government intervention instead of compliance and compassion for others.

I know the Holy Spirit directs each individual in their own way. I am wondering if I should say something to my pastors OR simply be accepting of their journey. Any ideas?

Masks have already proven not work against the corona virus. The corona virus is way smaller than than the mask and will pass thru anyway. I am not in anyway saying corona virus is fake but its being blown way out of proportion in order to gain population control over us. Never in the history besides the spanish flu have we resorted to wearing and mandating masks like this. Masks are for doctors and medical practitioners not the other way around. The longer you wear a mask the more you inhale and exhale the same air, its not supporting anything if anything in the long run it will make you sick. Personally i was on an hour bus ride yesterday and face masks get to be to much after a while and the longer you wear it in my opinion the harder it is to breath. Fauci was talking about what if "goggles" this is more the less becoming a social experiment to see how far they can get with us. Also the great reset "new world order" cannot happen unless America's government is infiltrated because we stand over freedom vs communism. We all must realize the times we are in. Of course we should all wash our hands and be more sanitary though im not denying that. Ever since corona virus came out the world has not been the same and it will not get better until Jesus finally comes back, hang in tight man and pray pray pray!

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
Masks are effective compared to no masks outside. To help that 44% out, stay at home and keep social distancing as much as possible. But if you have no choice but to go outside, just wear a mask.
The 44% is with masks that are hard to get as the health care industry has gobbled them all up. The effectiveness of readily available masks is unknown and could be as low as 5% even. I strongly recommend social distancing over any idea that the other persons crappy mask is going to "save" you from his possible infection.
If a mask is only 5-10% effective then I find them worthless and a temptation to feel safe wearing one and not maintain a safer distance than normal. There is talk that the virus may be expelled by some in aerosol form (not droplets) such that the mask "holes" is larger than the virus particles are basically greatly reducing its "stopping power and even allowing particles that contact and stay on a mask to be sucked in by the wearer logically.

Reactions: SashaMaria
Upvote 0

NW82

Jul 22, 2017
Chicago, IL
✟80,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
My city allows churches to assemble outdoors as long as they comply with the mask and social distancing requirements.

My church has signs, free masks and free hand sanitizer to comply with the city regulations. We assemble but the younger church members refuse to wear a mask citing various opinions based on the bible (God will protect me), medical opinions on covid (just the flu), etc. News crews show up to video tape the event. The next day the church is contacted by city officials to discuss our compliance issues.

I think the younger Christians are simply not compassionate. They haven't taken Love Your Neighbor to heart. I wish I saw more of a movement to contribute to food banks and medical charities and pray for our neighbors.

My pastors say we have the right to assemble. They focus more on government intervention instead of compliance and compassion for others.

I know the Holy Spirit directs each individual in their own way. I am wondering if I should say something to my pastors OR simply be accepting of their journey. Any ideas?

Personally I think we should all respect others decisions, in the U.S. we have that freedom of choice.

Second, anyone who thinks masks are protective is being deceived. Before anyone gripes at me, I work in the medical field. The best option we have, aside from NBC gear or Bio-Suits which are both non-practical, is the N-95 variants. However it is important to understand that even these masks only have a maximum effectiveness of 95%, and that is only if they are properly fit tested; this requires the use of an expensive machine. Surgical masks are only 80% effective at best, and the homemade jobs are basically useless.

The nCoV19 virus smallest particle is 0.1 PM, whereas the best mask with a proper micron filter can protect against 0.007 PM...but that isn't 100%...as above its 95%...and the efficacy degradation goes down with the types of other masks/materials. A journal article published by the CDC also addresses this. Masks are a public "feel good" measure.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Masks have already proven not work against the corona virus. The corona virus is way smaller than than the mask and will pass thru anyway. I am not in anyway saying corona virus is fake but its being blown way out of proportion in order to gain population control over us. Never in the history besides the spanish flu have we resorted to wearing and mandating masks like this. Masks are for doctors and medical practitioners not the other way around. The longer you wear a mask the more you inhale and exhale the same air, its not supporting anything if anything in the long run it will make you sick. Personally i was on an hour bus ride yesterday and face masks get to be to much after a while and the longer you wear it in my opinion the harder it is to breath. Fauci was talking about what if "goggles" this is more the less becoming a social experiment to see how far they can get with us. Also the great reset "new world order" cannot happen unless America's government is infiltrated because we stand over freedom vs communism. We all must realize the times we are in. Of course we should all wash our hands and be more sanitary though im not denying that. Ever since corona virus came out the world has not been the same and it will not get better until Jesus finally comes back, hang in tight man and pray pray pray!

More conspiracy theories--wearing masks will bring on a "new world order."

I don't think so.

If you are not going to wear a mask, don't get anywhere near me.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I think on average we have 90 thousand people die of pneumonia every year. I've yet to see church get canceled or people wearing masks. That's a lot of people. Would it be safe to say anyone that went to church didn't love their neighbors because they didn't wear a mask during flu season?

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I don't think so.

Why do you think that way now as opposed to any other virus that kills people?

• Agree
Reactions: Brighid
Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I doubt that it is just a matter of a weak immune system, Brighid, for anyone can be infected. When some people disregard the welfare of others they are going contrary to the mind of God for sure. The assembly Elders need to exercise strong directions for the fellowship ---not just send others home for the benefit of some rebels.

• Agree
Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

Brighid

Jan 27, 2020
Texas
✟23,165.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I doubt that it is just a matter of a weak immune system, Brighid, for anyone can be infected. When some people disregard the welfare of others they are going contrary to the mind of God for sure. The assembly Elders need to exercise strong directions for the fellowship ---not just send others home for the benefit of some rebels.
We are talking about an illness with a survival rate over 99%. To expect healthy people to give up their civil liberties and ability to fellowship comfortably in order to please the paranoid is an outrageous request.
Matthew 23:12-13
[12]And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.
[13]But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,780.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Lots of people never plaid D&D based games :D
Even a 1% Item would get used tell something better comes along.
FaceMaskArmor.jpg

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Why do you think that way now as opposed to any other virus that kills people?

Did the flu kill over 150,000 people in America last year? What about the common cold? Answer: No. COVID19 is far more deadly.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,780.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We are talking about an illness with a survival rate over 99%. To expect healthy people to give up their civil liberties and ability to fellowship comfortably in order to please the paranoid is an outrageous request.
Matthew 23:12-13
[12]And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.
[13]But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.
And all those that survive, none of them have long term Health repercussions I take it?

• Agree
Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Exactly what civil liberties are you giving up by wearing a mask and maintaining social distance?

Upvote 0

Brighid

Jan 27, 2020
Texas
✟23,165.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lots of people never plaid D&D based games :D
Even a 1% Item would get used tell something better comes along.View attachment 282196
I must admit, that's funny. I still think requiring masks is going way overboard. I will wear one either out of respect or for the sake of avoiding the rage of many of the pro-mask folks. But, I draw the line at wearing one in Church or to visit with friends and family.
One of the main reasons I attend church is to fellowship with my friends. I don't understand why people who don't want to fellowship (by wearing a mask and "social distancing") want to regulate the freedom of those who do want to fellowship. If it's just about the sermon, watch online.
Also, if I truly believed that there was a super contagious, extra deadly disease going around, I would certainly not trust the people around me in flimsy masks to protect my health.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Speaking, breathing, standing against Marxism and tyranny...
Gee, I can speak and breath perfectly well while wearing a mask. You have much to learn about life if you think that requiring people to wear a mask somehow equates to Marxism and tyranny.

• Agree
Reactions: pgp_protector
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is the mask effective though? I've read reports that even the N95 masks may only be 44% effective and they are I think rated at 95% so how effective is the crappy 99 cent masks most are wearing? If a mask is only 20% effective and people feel safer around those wearing them and often naturally venture closer while straying farther away from those not wearing masks which could lead them to an even greater chance of infection then what?
So do you sneeze on people without covering your mouth and nose?

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
So do you sneeze on people without covering your mouth and nose?
If you are trying to say a mask stops things better than a hand you are mistaken as you can more easily breathe through a mask than you can a hand or your shirt sleeve with your arm inside.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you are trying to say a mask stops things better than a hand you are mistaken as you can more easily breathe through a mask than you can a hand or your shirt sleeve with your arm inside.
So just sneeze and cough on people? Polite people cough or sneeze into a handkerchief.

Upvote 0

Glorytothefather2245

Always Forgive!
Site Supporter
May 26, 2018
Rhode Island
✟239,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I don't think so.

Its not a conspiracy theory its Bible prophecy revelations 13. How else do you think people are going to be forced to take a mark on their right hand or forehead? The devil disquise himself as the angel of light. It called desensitizing people and programming them to be sheep by lieing to them. Its a known fact that the government and media brainwash people because most people believe everything the media says. Its called Agenda 2030, bill gates id2020. But anyways im gonna stop right here. I totally respect your point of view everybody is free to their own opinion and this is my opinion. I just believe people shouldn't be forced to wear a mask. My opinion is if your old or your worried about the virus then by all means wear a mask.

• Friendly
Reactions: Brighid
Upvote 0