Jan 1, 2002
The "Left Coast" of the USA
Visit site
✟22,176.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Solo, you're one of the few these days that knows his history. I'm not a history buff, but my hubby is a wealth of info.

Yeah, unfortunately, California is one of the leading liberal states in the union, if not the most liberal. And the way California goes, so goes the nation! Ouch!!! We need a lot of prayer and God's grace and mercy added on top of that. These are the End Times, IMO . . . indications are all around us.

Keep on posting!

Upvote 0
does anyone know if there is a movement by islam to live among the christian churches in order to convert them to islam specifically and if so what do you know?

I know an islamic movement where they go in christian churches and try to convert christians. i.e. massacre, mass murder, atrocities etc.

as quoted by BennieBoo Yes, those claiming to be muslims have done terrible things in the name of Allah, but those claiming to be Christians have also done terrible things in the name of Christ, for example, the bloodier crusades, or the spanish inquisition. Just as these actions do not make christianity a vile religion, the actions of terrorists or sudanese muslims do not make Islam vile...have a bit of tolerance, perhaps?

Not true!!! Osama Bin Laden is the Greatest Muslim ever!!! go and study his life and you'll find that he is very sincere about his faith! He does everything the Koran command! Muhammad will surely approve him as a true Muslim. The Taliban is a pure islamic government!
Contrary to what the "President of the US of A" said, the majority of muslims will agree with me. I don't know any muslim personally who disagreed with me.

Ok, enough sez, but I just wanna point out that everything solo66man said in this thread is very true!!!!

Upvote 0

solo66 man

Jan 18, 2002
San Jose Ca.
✟6,958.00
MizDoulos,

Thank you for the compliment, you are very kind. but am certainly no historian. Its the times. They have dictated that I know certain facts. And if I run into an arguement I do not remember all the facts, the internet affords me time and resources to find the proof I need to prove a point God has made me the conveyor of.
Praise God.
He leads me where He wants me to be. Before I came
here, God had me on the Netscape message boards. I had to pray each time I went their. It was nightmarish at times. Quite a schooling. But now, God is not a dirty word there for most anyway. Praise His Name.

God bless you.

Upvote 0

rollinTHUNDER

Veteran
Dec 30, 2001
Central Florida USA
Visit site
✟22,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I may have missed that speach, of Bush saying it was a great religion. If he did say it, what did he mean by great, good or did he mean very large. The muslim faith could be considered great if you look at the size of it. Didn't God promise that Ishmael would become a great nation, and also a wild donkey of a man??? I don't think Bush was saying that it was great as in good. If it was that good, he would probably want to convert. And your right about our public school system, it is a joke in my opinion. I remember countless times when we would have to pull our kids out of certain events, and they would go read or study in the library. It's just another one of those signs of the times we're living in. Jesus must be coming back very soon. It is our responsibility to teach our kids the truth. If we don't, someone will, and you might not agree with that teaching. Schools it seems, are raising up zombies with no common sense these days.

Upvote 0

BennieBoo

Pugnacious Pacifist
Jan 31, 2002
D.C
Visit site
✟125.00
Not true!!! Osama Bin Laden is the Greatest Muslim ever!!! go and study his life and you'll find that he is very sincere about his faith! He does everything the Koran command! Muhammad will surely approve him as a true Muslim. The Taliban is a pure islamic government!

Yes, of course baseless accusations of Islam are good and fine, but they shouldn't be confused with intelligent comments about a very large and very diverse faith. Please back your rather sweeping claims with a bit of textual support from the Koran...

Upvote 0

solo66 man

Jan 18, 2002
San Jose Ca.
✟6,958.00
rollinTHUNDER

Here is the quote again.:
10/08/2001

By G. ROBERT HILLMAN / The Dallas Morning News

"The United States of America is an enemy of those who aid terrorists and of the barbaric criminals who profane a great religion by committing murder in its name," Mr. Bush said.

As you said, he also called it a peaceful religion. Real peaceful alright. Terrorist acts in India and Israel most recently. hunting down and killing Christians in Somalia and Sudan. Attacking churches and killing worshippers of Christ. The current troubles in Malaysia were started by the muslims attacking and burning down shops, stores owned by Christians, and churches.

So, look it up and read it yourself. how do you profane a bad religion? Of course he meant "great" as in good.
My wishes would be that he had simply said a religion. False or otherwise it is a religion.

Upvote 0

MizDoulos

<font color=6c2dc7><b>Justified by grace through f
Jan 1, 2002
Visit site
✟22,176.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi, Solo ~ know what you mean about all the details. Many of us don't remember every detail when we read, either. I appreciate you contributing what you know about history. It enlightens many of us.

I'm glad you decided to join us here at Christian Forums!

Grace and blessings,

Pat

P.S. Have prayed for your wife and her smoking. For some, it takes time. God bless her.

Upvote 0

solo66 man

Jan 18, 2002
San Jose Ca.
✟6,958.00
BennieBoo,

Interesting how you call yourself a Christian and a pacifist.
By supporting the muslims, you have denied both. You come attacking a Christian leader, Ashcroft, you talk about how wonderful the musllims are and they dont even like Christians.
Christ is but a minor prophet to them. Dont you consider Jesus
the Son of God; Part of the Holy Trinity? In other words God in the flesh?
I can see loving them and wanting them to become Christians through the love of Christ, but to defend them for their religion
is totally wrong.
I see you here under the guise of a Christian pacifist starting a war like a terrorist.

Upvote 0

solo66 man

Jan 18, 2002
San Jose Ca.
✟6,958.00
MizDoulos,
Thank you for welcoming me. I believe you do your share here, too.
And thank you oh so much for praying for my wifes smoking addiction. Now if I could only get her to do the same. It only bothers me because she does not understand what she is doing
to herself, obviously; though, she says she does.
God Bless you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MizDoulos

<font color=6c2dc7><b>Justified by grace through f
Jan 1, 2002
Visit site
✟22,176.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Oh, I do understand how your wife feels, Solo. When I was a young teen, I used to smoke, too, but gave it up about seven years later. I wasn't a Christian at the beginning and didn't know any better.

It is aggrevating to sit by and watch your loved one doing harm to her own body. I will continue to pray for her and for you.

Thanks for your kind words!

--------------------

Thanks all for being patient . . . we shall get back to the subject at hand.

Upvote 0
ok mr. Bennieboo. enjoy these verses which you call "tolerable"!!
there's lots more but you prolly got the idea.

-Sura 9:123 (fight the unbelievers surrounding you)

"O ye who believe! Fight the unbelievers who gird you about, and let them find firmness in you, and know that God is with those who fear Him."

-Sura 9:29-31 (fight against Jews and Christians until they are subdued, because God's curse is on them)

"Fight those who believe not in God nor the last day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by God and His Apostle, nor acknowledge the religion of truth, (even if they are) of the people of the Book, until they pay the jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued. The Jews call Uzair [Ezra] a son of God, and the Christians call Christ the Son of God ... God's curse be on them; how they are deluded away from the truth! They take their priests and their anchorites to be their lords in derogation of God, and (they take as their Lord) Christ the son of Mary. Yet they are commanded to worship but One God ..."

-Sura 9:38,39,41 (Don't avoid fighting, but fight with whatever you have. Otherwise God will punish you with serious punishment.)

"O ye who believe! What is the matter with you, that when ye are asked to go forth in the cause of God, ye cling heavily to the earth? Do ye prefer the life of this world to the hereafter? But little is the comfort of this life, as compared with the hereafter. Unless ye go forth, He will punish you with a grievous penalty, and put others in your place ... Go ye forth, (whether equipped) lightly or heavily,."] and strive [jihad] and struggle with your goods and your persons, in the cause of God. That is best for you, if ye (but) knew."

-Sura 5:54 (Don't befriend Jews or Christians because they are unjust and unreliable)

"O ye who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors. They are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them. Verily God guideth not a people unjust."

-Sura 5:36-38 (death or torture to those who oppose the Apostle)

"The punishment of those who wage war against God and His Apostle, and strive with might and main for mischief through the land is execution, or crucifixion, or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides, or exile from the land. That is their disgrace in this world, and a heavy punishment is theirs in the hereafter, except for those who repent before they fall into your power. In that case, know that God is oft-forgiving, most merciful. O ye who believe! Do your duty to God. Seek the means of approach unto Him, and strive with might and main in His cause, that ye may prosper."

Ok then smart guy, now its your turn to back up what you've said. (unless your statement is just a "sweeping" claims and unintelligent comments)

Upvote 0

marmaladePRO

Dec 17, 2001
Medicine Hat Alberta, Canada
Visit site
✟1,720.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
balaams... are those quotes right out of the Koran, or another text? (sura?)
faust, i think you need to be a wee bit more specific for us, unless this was your first post tonight, and you proceeded to post your own threads?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
i would like to say this with no intent to make one stop partaking in the church... but with the ideas that the muslims would want to possibly take action against the church... it is quite possible to see how one could poison the sacraments and then there is a mass action... not cool... kinda a Jim Jones thing.

it stands to reason that if there is that kind of warfare... we should make it a law to "pet a pig" for any kind of clearance. :D

Upvote 0

marmaladePRO

Dec 17, 2001
Medicine Hat Alberta, Canada
Visit site
✟1,720.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
thanks for the input VM,
i don't spend much time reading various religion/sect/cult literature myself, i'm still stuck on feeding truth via the bible... but i find it incredibly interesting that they would be that blunt, alas, i probably shouldn't be suprised: God is Love, Muhammad, then, may not be ;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.