Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
When Christ returns, this time on a war horse, he will execute capital judgment on much of mankind.
The times and methods of His will are perfect and unfortunately, I know far too many who are excellent candidates for this scene.

But bring here those enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, and slay them before me.’ ” (Luke 19:27)

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
However the NT church is not a civil governing body
Thanks for all your thoughts on the thread OWG!

You do realize for us to be able to maintain this, we would have to prove the "servant" or, minister maintaining civil order in Romans 13:4 is always not a Christian and generally outside the body.

And if what I say is true, it wouldn't be in error for an assembly of Churches to commit several members to this service.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thanks for all your thoughts on the thread OWG!

You do realize for us to be able to maintain this, we would have to prove the "servant" or, minister maintaining civil order in Romans 13:4 is always not a Christian and generally outside the body.

And if what I say is true, it wouldn't be in error for an assembly of Churches to commit several members to this service.

I have always considered that 'servant' the same as the nations that God brought against rebellious Israel, called "the rod of God's anger".

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I have always considered that 'servant' the same as the nations that God brought against rebellious Israel, called "the rod of God's anger".
I would say that is incorrect Guy. For consider,

Therefore you must be subject, not only because of wrath but also for conscience’ sake - Rom 13:5

That draws it back down to the individual, for we 'all shall give account' individually.

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status