Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
God is for capital punishment. You see it taking place in the Bible.

What do you think is happening when God casts sinners into the lake of fire? Look at what happens to Achen and his family. Or Haman. Or the false prophets on Mount Carmel. If you point out that those were old testament, don't forget about Ananias and Sapphir.

Romans 13:1-4
1 Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God.
2 Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment.
3 For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval,
4 for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. - Romans 13:1-4

Exactly.
Too many are ignoring true justice these days.
M-Bob

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟985,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I have also posted scriptures that support my point of view describing God's fulfilled will on this.
The subject of this thread is CP (Capital Punishment) and to see if within a Christian forum, the opinion thereof will identify more with the state or God’s will?
But we know that the law is good, if a man uses it lawfully, , According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust. (1 Timothy 1:8,11)
By God I will bring the press forward to demolish the pretense that Christians support the destruction of a brother who has given his life to Christ.
“Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer, ,” (1 John 3:15)

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟985,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
As I recall, there is seldom a time when the assurance of people isn’t found saying, since God has instituted the powers that be, those powers are immune to being held accountable. But do scriptures support such immunity when and if Christians hold the seats of power?

Jesus answered, "You would have no power over me
if it were not given to you from above. Therefore the
one who handed me over to you is guilty of a greater sin."

(John 19:11)​

Does the fact that here, prior to being “lifted up”, He as the Son of God identifies the state as acting in sin, does this now cancel the sin-of-state always thereafter because it is no longer the Son of God, using post #62 as reference?

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟985,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Indeed, at a glance, one can easily contemplate walking the road before us unfettered by the cares of this life,

Cast all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you.

1 Peter 5:7​

Yet, there is one toil He does not interrupt; bearing the cares of each other,

Bear one another’s burdens, and thus fulfill the law of Christ.

Galatians 6:2​

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,588.00
Faith
Christian
The State wields the God ordained sword (of justice, not mercy) to protect society, not criminals.
Yes, the whole world is guilty of sin.
An execution is going to happen regardless, unless the person repents of their unbelief, they are going into the lake of fire at the end.
God uses the executioner, this is ordained of God to destroy evils in society. Maybe some don't agree with this, but the whole world stands guilty before God. A christian executed for reasons of doing good and being faithful, their reward is great. Far better to suffer death for the sake of the Kingdom of God, than punishment for murder or crime.

Guilty before God means death, for the soul that sins shall die. there is no relief from this guiltiness except through Christ.
Romans 3
19 Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. 20 Therefore by the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified in His sight, for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Upvote 0

ruthiesea

Oct 5, 2007
✟71,668.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
How we could only hope that that same love of mercy flows in good predominance! Personally, seeing the void of these ‘fulfilled’ points I’ve raised, , I can’t help but wonder (apart from the rabbi), if fundamental Judaism wouldn’t resist such mercy wherever possible??
What do you mean by fundamental Judaism?

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟985,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
What do you mean by fundamental Judaism?
Hello ‘ruthiesea’! If by some reason the sacredness is rendered inaccurate by my hub use of “fundamental” or other, please, use any time necessary to inform the reader what wholesome of understanding is lost by doing so. Thank you, and my apologies.

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟985,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Guilty before God means death, for the soul that sins shall die. there is no relief from this guiltiness except through Christ.
"By [YOU] calling this covenant "new,"
he has made the first one obsolete;
and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear."

(Hebrews 8:13)​

Best you mind the will of God and not man!

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟985,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Last year, that heavily influential block of believers removed the weight of the DP from their Catachism,

“On August 1, Cardinal Luis Ladaria issued a letter to the bishops of the world announcing that Pope Francis had approved a change to the section of the Catechism of the Catholic Church dealing with the death penalty."
Source: Understanding the Catechism Revision on the Death Penalty

Surely, we have some prudent objectionable Catholics on CF?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,432.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
You think they don't? From this I can infer you have never been in prison.
I know that they can get them as contraband, but they get heavily penalised as caught. AFAIK it's worse than when you get caught with a shiv or drugs. The quoted post made it sound like they were privileges like ramen noodles.

Also, I've never been to prison. I'm not ashamed to admit that.

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟985,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The quoted post made it sound like they were privileges like ramen noodles.
Hard to really say if my original assertion amounted to a personal over-exuberant remark on my part. Admittedly, it was an unfounded and premature understanding of an otherwise illicit activity that is indeed underway.

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟985,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I've never been to prison.
The author admits to a few nights in a county lockup. God's grace was the furthest thing from my mind at that stage of my life.

Now, as a blood-bought, redeemed, child of God, I know any Christian convinced we should ever promote the Death Penalty has fallen from grace.

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟985,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
On you who previously deny the use of inmate phones, I also was formerly unaware of the many recorded fights, escapes in various countries. Now, these are public and unsuitable to post here!

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟985,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Having touched on it so many times here, yet yielded such a low interest to respond, therefore plainly; How severe is punishment thought worthy to replace the death penalty? Myself wondering, is there something in place used to measure the severity of offenses? Would an implementation causing an OBE be thought excessive? Of course, there are limits and yes anyone can see some are counter to correction.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Now, as a blood-bought, redeemed, child of God, I know any Christian convinced we should ever promote the Death Penalty has fallen from grace.

There's a big difference between support and approve.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well the Old Testament supports it.
M

True. The church and state were one in Israel. However the NT church is not a civil governing body and has given law enforcement over to secular 'magistrates'. We can however approve of execution by the state but I don't think actively supporting it is appropriate.

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟985,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
There's a big difference between support and approve.
Still the same, welcoming all member to point out where Jesus may have rescinded His fulfillment and placement of the ordinances under the tip of the nail of the cross. Please review post #62.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Still the same, welcoming all member to point out where Jesus may have rescinded His fulfillment and placement of the ordinances under the tip of the nail of the cross. Please review post #62.

When Christ returns, this time on a war horse, he will execute capital judgment on much of mankind.

• Agree
Reactions: rocknanchor
Upvote 0