Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I wonder if that could be the whole point to cleanse the earth from not being good stewards, to give the earth as it were a sabbath.
I think it is just foolish chinese who bring all kinds of animals into contact with people from places where they otherwise would not meet.

Upvote 0

Littlek

I'm His
Jun 13, 2011
U.S.A.
✟53,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Martial law is not the worst thing that can happen to a name. Now and again it is enacted and only for a limited time. I cannot think of a nation that had martial law put into place who did not revoke it later.

If you want some peace, I recommend you listen to someone explain Matthew 24 from the view point that Jesus was talking about the end of the Mosaic covenant and most of it was fulfilled around 70 AD when the Jewish system of worship was wiped off the face of the earth and will never return. It brings great peace of mind. Your grandkids will grow up and have grandkids if all goes as it has been going.

Jesus will return when his enemies have been made a footstool for his feet (become supporters) and the world has become a better place. Dropping the whole rapture is coming theology is really freeing and one understands Revelation and Daniel and the plan of God and it is amazing. The world is not getting worse, it is getting better. SOme of the major nations of the world have had two generations without any war in their neighborhood. The US is somewhat an exception as it goes out making war elsewhere.

So be at peace. He is not coming in a rapture to whisk the church away. The wrath of God was already poured out upon those who pierced him. The Christians all fled before that happened as Jesus told them to do and not one of them perished in that disaster, the likes of which the world had never seen before or since. Most of us were not taught this, unfortunately.

So I just finished reading through 1 Corinth to Timotht 2. Jesus will come back like a thief in the night, when everyone says "peace and safety"
Does this mean literal peace? When his enemies become his footstool?
Yeah I'm really confused about his wrath was already poured out? And from reading 1 Thessal, it does say the day of the Lord will come, and he will gather up those who are asleep in him (dead) and then we will be gathered up that are alive, and who are his. Also the man of lawlessness will be overthrown by the breath of mouth and thr spender of his coming. Where does the mark of the beast fit in here?
I still have a lot to understand...and my poor memory doesn't help lol.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
How many think this is going to turn out to be martial law? and the mark of the beast next?

I'm trying not to get nervous...when I do I pray and reread psalm 91 over and over. I can't believe I am seeing this with my own eyes.

Hopefully I'm wrong. My grandchildren are only 5 and 3. I cant bear to watch them go through something bad. IF we are to get raptured..I hope they go.
I've prayed over and over to protect them from the virus. God is still in ultimate control.

Nope -- not this one.

Doesn't even compare to the black plague.
M-Bob

• Agree
Reactions: Dorothy Mae
Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
A global economic collapse could be the beginning of a "new world order" with all or most nations surrendering their sovereignty to a global government. Of course the tribulation would soon follow culminating in the return of Jesus Christ.
Oy.

People talk about "the new world order" as though it's some vague, abstract event in the distant future. In fact, it's been here for decades.

Upvote 0

Dorothy Mae

May 26, 2018
Canton south of Germany
✟75,214.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So I just finished reading through 1 Corinth to Timotht 2. Jesus will come back like a thief in the night, when everyone says "peace and safety"
Does this mean literal peace? When his enemies become his footstool?
That was before the judgement upon Jerusalem. They thought peace and safety. Then the judgement fell as promised.
Yeah I'm really confused about his wrath was already poured out?
It was done and is over.
And from reading 1 Thessal, it does say the day of the Lord will come, and he will gather up those who are asleep in him (dead) and then we will be gathered up that are alive, and who are his.
The resurrection is in the future.
Also the man of lawlessness will be overthrown by the breath of mouth and thr spender of his coming.
That’s discussed in a whole different letter and they’re not connected timewise. That man of sin is in the past. He’s not related to the resurrection event. He’s related to the judgement in our past but their future.
Where does the mark of the beast fit in here?
I still have a lot to understand...and my poor memory doesn't help lol.
It was for the days when the beast (Nero) was on the earth. He was the worst ruler in all of human history.

It’s wonderful to finally understand Matthew 24 and Revelation/Daniel.

Upvote 0

GirdYourLoins

Nov 27, 2016
Brighton, UK
✟122,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I watch the news most days but havent heard much at all about what is going on in the US. we have just started stricter self isolation with places like pubs, restaurants, gyms and anywhere else people congregate socially closed. Also anyone who can has to work from home and schools closed yesterday.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How many think this is going to turn out to be martial law? and the mark of the beast next?

I'm trying not to get nervous...when I do I pray and reread psalm 91 over and over. I can't believe I am seeing this with my own eyes.

Hopefully I'm wrong. My grandchildren are only 5 and 3. I cant bear to watch them go through something bad. IF we are to get raptured..I hope they go.
I've prayed over and over to protect them from the virus. God is still in ultimate control.

Whether it is the end, I cannot say. But we are getting close. It is definitely the judgment of God happening. We have tornadoes killing a bunch of people in Tennessee and the largest Earthquake to hit Salt Lake City around this whole virus killing pandemic that is changing the world as we speak. But the good thing in all of this is that it is helping some people to realize what really matters, and that is getting closer to God, and in trusting in His grace, whereby it changes our lives to love others more (with the love of God). No matter if this world falls all around us. God is good. His grace still saves and changes lives.

Reactions: Littlek
Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Whether it is the end, I cannot say. But we are getting close. It is definitely the judgment of God happening. We have tornadoes killing a bunch of people in Tennessee and the largest Earthquake to hit Salt Lake City around this whole virus killing pandemic that is changing the world as we speak. But the good thing in all of this is that it is helping some people to realize what really matters, and that is getting closer to God, and in trusting in His grace, whereby it changes our lives to love others more (with the love of God). No matter if this world falls all around us. God is good. His grace still saves and changes lives.

As far as the Judgment of God.

It would be interesting to study after this whole thing is over.

How did the Bible Belt fare in Overall Cases and Related Deaths as opposed to the rest of the Country.

Did City's like San Francisco, New York, New Orleans experience more Cases Per. Capita than those in the Bible Belt?

If it was a Judgment of God then everything should be equal across the board, regardless of City's moral compass.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JohnAshton

Aug 13, 2019
Logan, Utah
✟45,911.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

How did the Bible Belt fare in Overall Cases and Related Deaths as opposed to the rest of the Country.

Did City's like San Francisco, New York, New Orleans experience more Cases Per. Capita than those in the Bible Belt?

If it was a Judgment of God then everything should be equal across the board, regardless of City's moral compass.
God would take in the fact of city and country, and He would make His Judgment accordingly.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I came up with a Christian comic book tract idea about a global virus 2-3 months before the news of the virus first came out. Well, actually, I had the basic story idea for about 7 years or so; But recently developed it as a tract idea for pointing a person to accept Jesus Christ as their personal Lord, and Savior.

Many years ago, I had a dream of a disaster (that was slightly different looking) before I seen it happen on TV the next morning. It was the collapse of a bridge with people dying. So I appear to have a heads up on certain things sometimes.

As for the Judgment of God happening now: I am not going to make assumptions about what will happen or is happening (that I cannot possibly know). Only God knows all things. I just know that we have to be a light to this dark and dying world and show them the love of Christ by pointing them to His grace, and in following His good ways. We need to be more focused on His Word, more focused on loving others, more focused in our prayer for others, more focused in praising and thanking God midst the storm that is happening now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yekcidmij

Presbyterian, Polymath
Feb 18, 2002
East Coast
✟232,056.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is definitely the judgment of God happening.

Judgment on who and for what reason? The virus seems pretty indiscriminate to me. Are God's judgments indiscriminate?

• Agree
Reactions: JIMINZ
Upvote 0