Cosmo magazine features The Satanic Temple’s attempt to get around state laws with ‘ritual abortions’

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,674,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
While The Satanic Temple claims it's not a religious organization, the ‘Satanic Abortion Ceremony’ is fraught with references to Satan’s rejection of God’s authority, desire for complete autonomy apart from God, and a mockery of Communion.’

(LifeSiteNews) — A series of social media posts by Cosmopolitan Magazine begins with a cringe question that probably had not previously crossed many Cosmo readers’ minds: “So How Does a Satanic Abortion Ceremony Even Work?”

The posts summarize advice pedaled in one of the magazine’s feature articles about an abortion “telehealth” service named “Samuel Alito’s Mom’s Satanic Abortiol Clinic” founded by The Satanic Temple (TST) in New Mexico earlier this year.

lg.php

The name is a snarky reference to the mother of the conservative Supreme Court Justice who wrote the majority opinion in last year’s Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization decision that overturned Roe v. Wade, sending the abortion industry and its supporters into a frenzy.

At the outset of the Cosmo piece, readers are assured that “Satanists don’t actually worship the devil,” and that “there are no ritual sacrifices or quests for supernatural powers at TST.”

In fact, Satan is nothing more than a “mascot” for the TST.

Yet the suggested abortion ritual betrays those denials.

The series of posts on Instagram sport a devilish red background, each topped with a stylized symbol of an upside-down cross.

Continued below.

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What really bothers me is that these Satanists are trying to use the argument of abortion being a religious ritual of theirs to bolster their claims that it should be legal in different states. In other words, they're trying to use the religious freedom argument to bolster the legal status of abortion in states where it is restricted. I really hope that the judges see through this facade and realize that it's merely a ploy. I hope that they do not allow the Satanists to get their way in this matter.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,674,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
What really bothers me is that these Satanists are trying to use the argument of abortion being a religious ritual of theirs to bolster their claims that it should be legal in different states. In other words, they're trying to use the religious freedom argument to bolster the legal status of abortion in states where it is restricted. I really hope that the judges see through this facade and realize that it's merely a ploy. I hope that they do not allow the Satanists to get their way in this matter.
Amen.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟441,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
If he's nothing but a mascot and not for power then why do they bother?

Suspect.
The father of lies and the emissaries have no need nor desire to be honest.
If they choose a mascot of a liar, where is the honesty?

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Seems to me that the argument is no different than claiming that human sacrifice is justified in the name of religious freedom.

I completely agree with you but in our nation, we have separation of church and state and moral relativism rules the courts. That's why this makes me afraid. There are some judges who are willing to stand up for what they know is right but many of them won't take a stand for the Truth because of moral relativism and the separation of church and state won't let them side with the Truth.

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I guess having 10 legal wives should be a thing too since some religions believe in it
And if all are adults, freely consenting to such an arrangement, why would the government have an interest in suppressing it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,674,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
An experienced exorcist is responding to a recent Cosmopolitan magazine story and social media post detailing a “satanic abortion ceremony.”

“In previous eras, those who practiced evil kept to the shadows and remained hidden,” Msgr. Stephen Rossetti, research associate professor of practice at the Catholic University of America in Washington, D.C., told Our Sunday Visitor. “Today, our society has gotten so dysfunctional that evil freely operates in the open and society accepts it, even condones it. Someone needs to say: ‘The Emperor has no clothes.'”

Msgr. Rossetti, who also leads the St. Michael Center For Spiritual Renewal, a non-profit that prays with those spiritually suffering and in need of healing and deliverance, has served as an exorcist for the Archdiocese of Washington for more than 15 years. The licensed psychologist has written several books, including “Diary of an American Exorcist: Demons, Possession, and the Modern-Day Battle Against Ancient Evil.”

Continued below.

Upvote 0