Satanism: The New “Religion” That Seeks to Thwart Christians and Catholics in the United States

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
“Satan represents those who think differently”: The Satanic Temple has been registered as a religion with the US authorities, although I later deny it.

(ZENIT News / Boston, 05.25.2023).- Satanists call de-baptism the ritual they carry out in The Satanic Temple for initiates who say they don’t believe in God. As a gesture of rejection of the religious rites they took part in as children, they tear out pages of a Bible in a room illuminated only with candles, which has a sign at the entrance in neon lights identifying it as “The Little Black Chapel.”

The members of this group deny they believe in Lucifer or in Hell, although they have put a large statue of Satan in front of their “Temple.” Their ceremonies are held without names and they admit anyone without asking for identification. There is a raised altar in the “Temple” and a white marble pentagram incrusted on the floor.

The members of this group present Satan as a metaphor that questions authority. Their beliefs are based on science, using arguments of materialism, evolution, and the force of evil of those that impose the will to power. The most committed wear a long cape with a hood and a black face mask. The initiates come with their hands tied with a rope, which is removed during the rite as a sign of liberation.

The United States Government has registered The Satanic Temple and recognized it as a religion. It has ministers and congregations in America, Europe and Australia. For them, to show their sense of community around these shared values makes it a religion.

During the SatanCon convention, held at the end of April, 830 people participated and bought tickets. A youth gave a striking testimony at the convention: “As a gay boy, the fact they said to me that I was an abomination and that I should be destroyed, distorted my way of thinking a lot. To discover The Satanic Tempe helped me to adopt logic and empathy.”

They have satanic principles that respect the right of every individual to choose his belief and they believe that they don’t bother people. Although they also say that they seek to thwart the influence of religious groups that believe in God and exist in the United States.

Continued below.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They say they don't worship Satan, yet Satan is the father of lies. IMO they do worship Satan.
Great insight and discernment you have there. True!

Upvote 0
Jun 3, 2023
East Tennessee
✟1,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Satanism isn't worship of Satan, it's worship of the self. The epitome of narcissism. Making yourself your own god.
This is the total opposite of God, who is love.

Satanists don't even claim to believe in Satan. Their core tenant is that they are the center of the universe. Same with Libertinism.

How do you feel about this meme:

Attachments

• ZomboMeme 06012023233451.jpg
    ZomboMeme 06012023233451.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 20
Upvote 0

Erose

Jul 2, 2010
✟67,781.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Satanism isn't worship of Satan, it's worship of the self. The epitome of narcissism. Making yourself your own god.
This is the total opposite of God, who is love.

Satanists don't even claim to believe in Satan. Their core tenant is that they are the center of the universe. Same with Libertinism.

How do you feel about this meme:
The "official" church of Satan holds this view. But there are Satanist cults that don't worship in the open that do believe in and worship Satan. These you won't get a head count of, and none of them will ever claim to be Satanists. They are more into witchcraft and animal sacrifices.

Upvote 0