U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is it possible warmer weather will slow the spread?

If it's in your state, how are you affected?

Coronavirus Has Now Been Diagnosed In All 50 States

thread began March 7 when read article ".....in 20 states"
thread title updated
newest article link posted above

Last edited:

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
I'm friends IRL with Ella @Stanfordella who goes to Stanford. An emergency plan went into place a few days ago but they've rapidly escalated it. Tonight it was announced that all in-person classes have been canceled for the rest of the winter quarter & may also be canceled for the spring quarter. Instead they'll be taught online. She's got underlying health issues (all stemming from having the chickenpox virus as an infant!!!) & she and other students w health problems are advised to evacuate campus. Her dance performance, sorority rush stuff, social events, all canceled.

They canceled all international study programs & gave students emergency funds for flights home. The Florence program shuttered last week. Now they've closed the DC & NYC programs too.

Coronavirus patients are being treated at Stanford Medical atm. One of the patients is in pediatrics & it's serious so this is NOT just something that elderly ppl get sick from.

Stanford created its own coronavirus test.

Warmer weather won't slow the spread.

Upvote 0

Jok

Jul 9, 2019
Indiana
✟42,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
If we tested every single American how many do you think would test positive, today? I think over 10,000 would. It’s either way way harder to spread than they have been telling us, or the death rate is ridiculously over estimated and millions of people have it worldwide by now. It makes no sense how it could only have slightly over 100,000 cases worldwide after all this time IF it spreads as easily as they say. One part has to be false, otherwise people would be dying all over the place by now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Our news in Australia has just reported a doctor here in Victoria with the virus has been treating patients for five days.
It has been traced back to his travel to the US (San Francisco).
He has seen 70 patients this week, so has put a lot of people at risk.

Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
sorry your friend's life is affected, @Cimorene

that isn't good about the pediatric patient
also, shows the public is not getting ALL information

Yes we have a 8 month old baby and mother reported with it.
Keep safe everyone.
God bless you all.

• Friendly
Reactions: mama2one
Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
sorry your friend's life is affected, @Cimorene

that isn't good about the pediatric patient
also, shows the public is not getting ALL information

She said there's been an "infodemic" of misinformation & disinformation. It's drowning out the public health officials. Also the Trump administration is censoring what info gets out to the public. Stephen Miller's wife is the one deciding what gets released publicly. This is the mistake that China's government made at the start of everything.

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Our news in Australia has just reported a doctor here in Victoria with the virus has been treating patients for five days.
It has been traced back to his travel to the US (San Francisco).
He has seen 70 patients this week, so has put a lot of people at risk.

That's why Stanford is so impacted it's not that far from SF & is super popular with tourists. Cruise ships come to the Bay Area w ppl from around the world. Then ppl get on tour busses from the cruise port to come to the campus. They treat students like celebrities, asking them to be in pics with them. So there's a lot of contact.

• Informative
Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
What exactly do you mean by so impacted? Is the situation worse than a slightly more aggressive flu?

In ICU.

So yes, worse than the flu. Though the flu is also intense & not to be minimized.

• Prayers
Reactions: Jok
Upvote 0

Al Touthentop

Nov 24, 2019
VENETA
Visit site
✟34,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
Is it possible warmer weather will slow the spread?

Hoping it doesn't come to state where I live.
Schools are still open and even Chlorox wipes still on shelves.

Know it's different in other states.
If it's in your state, how are you affected?

Man bites dog, film at eleven.

Upvote 0

Jok

Jul 9, 2019
Indiana
✟42,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
In ICU.

So yes, worse than the flu. Though the flu is also intense & not to be minimized.
I am not sure how often a bad Flu lands people into ICU, or lands children there, comparably speaking. I’m not trying to sound callous but I have no idea how they could possibly know the infection rate with how easily and undetected it spreads, and my mind was on the concern that the news might be risking a soon to be mass panic. It will be interesting to see which kind of numbers Stanford gets with the test equipment (however I’m just confused how they could calculate a death rate if literally tens of thousands may wind up just fighting a bit of a cold and not go to hospital).

Upvote 0

Jok

Jul 9, 2019
Indiana
✟42,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
At least one case in my state since yesterday.

Been preparing a little bit.
Ironically I bought a bunch of long shelf life items that would actually cause me to have a poorer immune system, if it came to that. The panic from the virus can most certainly wind up being much worse than the virus itself

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
I am not sure how often a bad Flu lands people into ICU, or lands children there, comparably speaking. I’m not trying to sound callous but I have no idea how they could possibly know the infection rate with how easily and undetected it spreads, and my mind was on the concern that the news might be risking a soon to be mass panic. It will be interesting to see which kind of numbers Stanford gets with the test equipment (however I’m just confused how they could calculate a death rate if literally tens of thousands may wind up just fighting a bit of a cold and not go to hospital).

Tens of thousands of ppl have already died of the coronavirus, it's not just a bit of a cold. Ppl die of the flu every year, younger ppl are actually more at risk for serious complications. The existing test has been problematic especially in younger ppl. It's why Stanford was so concerned bc they have patients who are children & student-aged.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ironically I bought a bunch of long shelf life items that would actually cause me to have a poorer immune system, if it came to that. The panic from the virus can most certainly wind up being much worse than the virus itself

Not panicking.. just smart to prepare somewhat.. also to limit the amount of times you need to go to the store.

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
For real ppl stock up on the stuff you need now. Don't spent a fortune on things you don't need just get in order what you do need to have on hand. Most of all on medicine. Then toilet paper. I saw where this pizza place in Australia is now accepting TP as payment. 8 rolls of TP = 1 large pizza.

• Informative
Reactions: mama2one
Upvote 0

Jok

Jul 9, 2019
Indiana
✟42,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Ppl die of the flu every year, younger ppl are actually more at risk for serious complications.
Oh ok, which age are you referring to when you say younger people?
bc they have patients who are children & student-aged.
Just trying to get an idea if student aged people do tend to occasionally have serious conditions with the regular flu also.

Something keeps preventing me from lumping the Chinese deaths in with deaths in other countries. Jeez there have been flights flying out of Wuhan way back in December, so we are pretty far along by now. Something just isn’t sitting right with me with China’s situation. I was told yesterday about two strains, wondering if maybe a more vicious initial strain was stopped over there?

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,708.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
For real ppl stock up on the stuff you need now. Don't spent a fortune on things you don't need just get in order what you do need to have on hand. Most of all on medicine. Then toilet paper. I saw where this pizza place in Australia is now accepting TP as payment. 8 rolls of TP = 1 large pizza.
I still don't get why you would need to stock up on toilet paper. I usually buy a 10-pack and that lasts me for many months. I never actually timed it, but I use one roll per 2 weeks maximum.

Upvote 0