Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2004
Visit site
✟88,544.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Fasting often incorporates abstaining from maritial relations.

Not using contraception does not mean you will have a large family. I know people who only had 6, 4, 2 and 0 kids, despite not using contraception. A lot of it has to do with the natural fertility and age of the couple. In the end it is God who opens and closes the womb when we allow Him, and He always knows what is best for us, even though we may not understand or agree.

I'm familiar with what you meant when you said fasted and prayed.

I don't think that a person who uses no contraception but has 3, 2, 5 kids only has to do with natural fertility and the age of the couple.

Upvote 0

tapero

Legend
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2004
Visit site
✟88,544.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The sin is in using contraception, not in lack of children.

It may be a sin for you and for many other Christians, but it is not a sin for other Christians who use birth control.

If something is wrong for you, then it's wrong for you.

It's not written!

Upvote 0

Lotar

Swift Eagle Justice
Feb 27, 2003
Southern California
✟19,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I'm familiar with what you meant when you said fasted and prayed.

I don't think that a person who uses no contraception but has 3, 2, 5 kids only has to do with natural fertility and the age of the couple.
Lol.

My Aunt and Uncle had only two boys; and on top of that, they were twins. A friend of mine is a single child from parents who never contracepted. My wife's godparents only had 6. My sister-in-law has been married 8 years and has only now had her second, without ever using anything. A couple I know only had 2, because they married late in life.

The list goes on from there.

Being able to bear children is something women take for granted. Of course this is understandable, since it is ground into our heads from our youth that "unprotected sex" leads to instant baby. This is why so many women in Europe have to adopt, because they wait only to find out that their chance has passed.

Upvote 0

Lotar

Swift Eagle Justice
Feb 27, 2003
Southern California
✟19,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
where is this sin? Show me where using contraception is sin.
I might get banned if I tell you where. I'm sure there are many fine resources in the Library. :p

Okay, seriously:
-Onan
-Children are blessings from God, and it is a sin to reject His blessings.
-The Bible states that God opens and closes the womb.

Upvote 0

IamAdopted

Nov 22, 2006
South Carolina
✟18,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I might get banned if I tell you where. I'm sure there are many fine resources in the Library. :p

Okay, seriously:
-Onan
We do not see that contraception is spoken of as sin. We see this no where in scripture. This is human logic that is being placed upon peoples backs as it is written which it is not.

Upvote 0

Lotar

Swift Eagle Justice
Feb 27, 2003
Southern California
✟19,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
We do not see that contraception is spoken of as sin. We see this no where in scripture. This is human logic that is being placed upon peoples backs as it is written which it is not.
No, it is human logic that justifies it, and human logic that changed what Christian and Jews always believed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tapero

Legend
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2004
Visit site
✟88,544.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Okay, seriously:
-Onan

already been over this, the nation of israeal was commanded to keep the family line if a brother died, anohter was to marry the widow. His sin was heinous, because he disobeyed God. It is not a command to the world.

So that's out.

Children are blessings from God. It is not a sin to reject blessings from God, we just recieve them. Show me where it's a sin to reject blessings from God.

So how does the Lord open and close the womb, have anything to do with contraception being a sin

Upvote 0

tapero

Legend
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2004
Visit site
✟88,544.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, it is human logic that justifies it, and human logic that changed what Christian and Jews always believed.

No,what's happening is you are taught from antoher source that it is sin, and are trying to justify it as sin, to help you grasp it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Sep 10, 2004
Kansas City area
✟23,771.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

I suppose that Adam and Eve were having relations in the Garden and as has been stated, Mary wasted no time after giving birth to God (Lord have mercy).

It is a perspective that is different than yours, because of How we view the Garden of Eden, creation, the birth of Christ.

I could demand from you the specific verse that asks where euthanasia is prohibited, or suicide.

Upvote 0

IamAdopted

Nov 22, 2006
South Carolina
✟18,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I suppose that Adam and Eve were having relations in the Garden and as has been stated, Mary wasted no time after giving birth to God (Lord have mercy).

It is a perspective that is different than yours, because of How we view the Garden of Eden, creation, the birth of Christ.

I could demand from you the specific verse that asks where euthanasia is prohibited, or suicide.
UUHH now suicide is killing of yourself. It is clearly stated thou shall not kill. But this is a whole different topic. Contraception on the other hand is not killing anyone.

Upvote 0

IamAdopted

Nov 22, 2006
South Carolina
✟18,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You Protestants can be so funny sometimes. When something isn't convenient for you anymore, all of a sudden it isn't a sin and the Bible doesn't say so. :)
well it does not say so. So how can one say it is sin if scripture does not say it is so unless it is human logic and reasoning?

Upvote 0

tapero

Legend
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2004
Visit site
✟88,544.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You Protestants can be so funny sometimes. When something isn't convenient for you anymore, all of a sudden it isn't a sin and the Bible doesn't say so. :)

I wouldn't be so quick to call all of us protestants??

Also, where in the bible is it a sin? I do think you are taught from an outside source other than the bible that it's sin.

I've yet to see where it's sin.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.