Continuing to investigate the investigators.

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
  • Agree
Reactions: Tom 1
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Because they were rightly worried about the influence that big money and lobbyists have in government, which was the substance of Trump's ethics plan that he unveiled to go with his slogan.

That would be partly correct.

upload_2020-10-7_11-28-9.png

They must be disappointed at how little of Trump's ethics proposals were actually enacted, and how many lobbyists and insiders are part of Trump's chosen Cabinet.

The Democrats blocked term limits for congress. There is no disappointment. It is an ongoing fight.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Why was (and is) the depth and obviousness of Trump's own corruption ignored by so many people?

Because all that is ever presented is emotionally driven speculation, opinion, and outright lies. I would suggest they hurry up and press formal charges if they have all this information on Trump. I know for a fact he is going to...

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
Because all that is ever presented is emotionally driven speculation, opinion, and outright lies. I would suggest they hurry up and press formal charges if they have all this information on Trump. I know for a fact he is going to...

What you present in these forums is a never ending stream of emotionally driven speculation, opinion and lies. Incessantly. When facts are presented to you, you dismiss them because "everyone's out to get him" as if this is a legitimate defense.

You seem convinced that all of Trump's allegations are legitimate despite pressing any formal charges, yet, despite people in Trump's organization actually having been convicted of criminal charges, you're convinced that it's all on the up and up.

As far as charges against Trump go, a sitting President isn't allowed to be formally charged under DOJ guidelines. Your reasoning is in stark contrast with observable reality.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
The Democrats blocked term limits for congress.

What, in the 1990s?!? Get over it. There hasn't been any serious attempts since then.

In recent history... In a November 2016 press conference, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., was asked if the Senate would consider legislation to limit terms. McConnell responded, "I would say we have term limits now. They're called elections. And it will not be on the agenda in the Senate."

We checked with his office, and a spokesman said that McConnell's position remains the same two years on. McConnell's opposition alone makes it nearly impossible for the idea to be considered in the Senate while he's leader, which essentially puts the kibosh on the idea.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Even Trump is asking where the arrests are

'Even Trump' - that's a good one. This nonsense starts and ends with Trump. He was pushing conspiracy theories before he started his run for office. Once Trump is gone, the GOP will cook up some other lot of nonsense to endlessly investigate. Clearly they have figured out that simply making things up and engaging in an endless round of Trumped-up (pun intended) accusations and time wasting investigations is a far better tactic than actually dealing with real things. All their supporters need is a handful of nonsense, some GOP 'senator with sincere face' vids (credit where it's due, they are very good at that) claiming whatever rubbish is current, and some recycled buzz words.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Why did Trump running on the platform of "drain the swamp" resonate with so many people?

Ironically Trump hated that line and didn’t want to use it, it was a suggestion from one of his advisors. Then he tried it once and got an amazing response so it became a part of the act.

Like most things Trump-related, it’s just empty words.

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
Ironically Trump hated that line and didn’t want to use it, it was a suggestion from one of his advisors. Then he tried it once and got an amazing response so it became a part of the act.

Like most things Trump-related, it’s just empty words.

Trump: I tell everyone I hated it! Someone said "Drain the swamp". I said "Oh, that's so hokey. That is so terrible". I said "all right, I'll try it." So like a month ago I said "Drain the swamp" the place went crazy. I said "woah". Watch this. Then I said it again. Then I started saying it like I meant it, right? And then I said it...I started loving it. And the place loves it. It's drain the swamp.

He tells his supporters that he's full of horse manure, yet they continue to eat it up.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,928.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Imagine how long ago this could have been resolved, had Trump had the ability to do so when he first found out around 2016/2017.
Is the claim that Donald has gotten smarter or more talented in the last few years? Because that's going to be a really hard sell.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Imagine how long ago this could have been resolved, had Trump had the ability to do so when he first found out around 2016/2017. Doesn't seem the stall tactics and suppression of the truth played out in their favor.
Donald Trump junior said he didn't tell his father about the meeting at Trump Tower. That was in early June of 2016. Ironically a month after the meeting, when asked about the Hillary campaign's questioning of why Russia would want to help Trump win, Donald junior said it was a terrible insinuation to make.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
There is a lot going on in the background. Most of which is impossible to explain to a jeering crowd speaking about string boards and conspiracy theorists. For some, it will only be their own fault if this surprises them unawares.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,928.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Donald Trump junior said he didn't tell his father about the meeting at Trump Tower. That was in early June of 2016. Ironically a month after the meeting, when asked about the Hillary campaign's questioning of why Russia would want to help Trump win, Donald junior said it was a terrible insinuation to make.
"Russia, if you're listening, I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing" - Donald J Trump, Jul, 2016.

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

How long are you willing to wait? It’s been four years without any of these supposed arrests happening, what happens if he wins and then in another four years there still haven’t been any arrests? Would you still just think it was the deep state preventing brave Sir Trump achieving justice?

I’m curious because normally we have some metric to measure our beliefs by. If someone tells you the world is going to end next Tuesday and then it doesn’t, it usually makes you start the question the veracity of the person who made that claim. With Trump it seems like even though his wild claims never actually come to reality, you’re always happy to just give him more and more time. So is there a cutoff point to that credulity?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It’s been four years without any of these supposed arrests happening,

There are arrests happening. But yet again, that goes back to the quote you just responded to:

There is a lot going on in the background. Most of which is impossible to explain to a jeering crowd speaking about string boards and conspiracy theorists. For some, it will only be their own fault if this surprises them unawares.

And seeing that it has been four years, it is nigh on impossible to catch people up. There are people that aren't even willing to accept that Trump has been targeted from the start. There is no way to continue from even that point, and there are many impasses.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Trump: I tell everyone I hated it! Someone said "Drain the swamp". I said "Oh, that's so hokey. That is so terrible". I said "all right, I'll try it." So like a month ago I said "Drain the swamp" the place went crazy. I said "woah". Watch this. Then I said it again. Then I started saying it like I meant it, right? And then I said it...I started loving it. And the place loves it. It's drain the swamp.

The thing you are not getting is it resonated with his people, because they already recognized there was a problem. To say the entire reason people chanted drain the swamp in 2015, was because Biden is running in 2020 is ludicrous.

Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are arrests happening. But yet again, that goes back to the quote you just responded to:

And seeing that it has been four years, it is nigh on impossible to catch people up. There are people that aren't even willing to accept that Trump has been targeted from the start. There is no way to continue from even that point, and there are many impasses.
I don't see any impasse. In 2015 Trump openly declared a willingness to lift the sanctions on Russia for invading Ukraine. That alone could explain why Russia targeted Trump as preferable to Hillary and why they would try to help him win. Ironically Trump said this when questioned about the subject matter by Maria Butina who was working for Russia. The fact that she was a Russian operative was not public knowledge at the time Trump chose her to ask him a question.

Last edited:
Upvote 0