Contend For the Faith: Contend For the WORD.

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟23,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Jude 3, "Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints."

Jude was so concerned, the Holy Spirit prompted him to write differently than he had planned. It was necessary to write about contending for the faith. In verse 4 it says, "For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ."

I want to focus on the part that says "denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ"

In Acts 20:29-32 Luke records Paul as saying, "For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.
Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.
And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified."

Paul is aware corrupters would come, and then he commends the people to God, and the Word of His grace. Let's focus on that Word of His grace, which is the Word of God: and that would be the whole Word of God. Proverbs 30:5 says "Every word of God is pure."
2 John 7-8 says, " For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist. Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward."

We know the Scriptures warn in numerous places about taking away from the Word. Revelation 22:19, "And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book."
Well, maybe that's just for the book of Revelation, some might say. Ok, Deuteronomy 4:2, "Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you," and 12:32, "What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it." And then there's Jeremiah 26:2, "Thus saith the Lord; Stand in the court of the Lord's house, and speak unto all the cities of Judah, which come to worship in the Lord's house, all the words that I command thee to speak unto them; diminish not a word."

So we see this is a principle throughout the Word of God, to neither add to, not take away from it. Today we are dealing with taking away from it. I'm going to deal with 1 John 5:7 mainly, which reads in the English translated from the pure text, "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one." (KJV 1611)

"For three be, that give witnessing in heaven, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost [For three be, that bear witness in heaven, the Father, the Word, or Son, and the Holy Ghost]; and these three be one." (Wycliffe 1382)

"For ther are thre which beare recorde in heauen the father the worde & the wholy goost. And these thre are one" (Great Bible 1539)

"because three are who are testifying `in the heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit, and these -- the three -- are one" (Youngs Literal Translation 1862)

Now people say the KJV is too hard to read with the "Olde English" which isn't really so hard if you look at some of the earlier translations! Too hard to read or too confusing. I say, LEARN IT! Our society is so lacking in Education. Do they even read Shakespeare in school anymore? We did, and it's got the "thee's" and "thou's" in it! CHILDREN grew up learning to read with the King James Bible, and before that the other translations from the Received Text, which as I've pointed out, 1 John 5:7 is quoted by the early church fathers like Cyprian in 250 AD.

It's only been the rise of new translations, "easier to read" in the past 140 years or so that people have digressed, but at the same time are being duped by the devil, who attacked the Word of God, doing the very thing we were warned about in Scripture! That is, his corruptions through the translators of newer versions.

Honestly, when I hear a preacher read from 1 John out of one of the diabolical corrupted versions like the NIV or NASB, or any number of foul incomplete translations, I cringe, and I can FEEL the Holy Spirit being grieved. I don't know if I want to cry, or to scream "NO! That's not right!" And declare properly 1 John 5:7. Because what I hear is this,
"For there are three that testify..." or "There are three witnesses..." and they'll go straight into verse 8, "the Spirit, the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement" which happens to be in the KJV AFTER the full verse 7, "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one"

Same goes for Colossians 1:14, where "through his blood" is removed in the NIV, NASB, and many other translations. Of course Satan attacks the blood and the Trinity! Actually there are 16 whole verses omitted from the NIV!
How far should earnestly contending for the faith go? I want EVERY Word of God, which is declared pure. I want nothing to do with corruptions.

"And take not the word of truth utterly out of my mouth; for I have hoped in thy judgments." (Psalm 119:43)
O let it not come to this! Amos 8:11-12, "Behold, the days come, saith the Lord God, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD:
And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the LORD, and shall not find it."

" Thou art my portion, O Lord: I have said that I would keep thy words." (Psalm 119:57)
" For ever, O Lord, thy word is settled in heaven." (119:89)
" Thy word is very pure: therefore thy servant loveth it" (119:140)

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trinity teaching, by pretending to not add or take from Gods word, then to actually speak all your own words more than scripture, what an honest report.

The faith is simple, to believe in Jesus Christ, His name, HIs rising from the dead, but where is that taught anywhere here ?

Here it is...

Matthew 28:5 And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified.
6 He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.
7 And go quickly, and tell his disciples that he is risen from the dead; and, behold, he goeth before you into Galilee; there shall ye see him: lo, I have told you.
8 And they departed quickly from the sepulchre with fear and great joy; and did run to bring his disciples word.
9 And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, All hail. And they came and held him by the feet, and worshipped him.

Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟23,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Trinity teaching, by pretending to not add or take from Gods word, then to actually speak all your own words more than scripture, what an honest report.

The faith is simple, to believe in Jesus Christ, His name, HIs rising from the dead, but where is that taught anywhere here ?

Here it is...

Matthew 28:5 And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified.
6 He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.
7 And go quickly, and tell his disciples that he is risen from the dead; and, behold, he goeth before you into Galilee; there shall ye see him: lo, I have told you.
8 And they departed quickly from the sepulchre with fear and great joy; and did run to bring his disciples word.
9 And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, All hail. And they came and held him by the feet, and worshipped him.

As long as my words do not contradict THE Word, all is well. It's called preaching, expounding, prophecy, teaching, etc. If I attempt to create false doctrine based on a handful of verses, that's wrong. What I'm exposing is the removal of actual Scripture from the text of the Word of God. Same would go for those who add to it, like Book of Mormon, or other, non inspired writings.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, regarding preaching, here they all are...

2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

Upvote 0