Confusion and Uncertainty about If I'm a true Christian.

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,814.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

The blood of Jesus is covering your life or it isn't - there is no contest.

Remember the blood over the doorposts?

It saved his chosen, the angel of death passed over. Were they sinless? NO.

While we were yet sinners Christ died for us.

I like this part. Well said and inspirational

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for taking the time to read this. Forgive me for my rambling, my mind is kind of all over the place on this subject. I keep finding myself guessing if I'm saved or not. I do believe in Jesus and have a desire to follow him but I struggle with sexual sin and have been for over 10 years. I have a group of men I talk with about this issue, I currently belong to a church, and I do have some safeguards in place internet filters, but I cant really say that I've made much progress in regards to this sin.

This is not uncommon, unfortunately. Many men professing to be Christian are likewise caught in sexual sin. And, like you, they seem never to find the means of coming free of this sin, though God's word promises such freedom to all of God's children.

I ask and pray for God to strengthen me in times of temptation but I have had no success.

Well, if you're a child of God, a born-again, spiritually-regenerate, "new creature in Christ," you don't need to ask God to strengthen you. God's Spirit already dwells in you and in him you possess all you need to stand victorious over all sin. You need to pray very differently in times of temptation. Your real problem, you see, isn't that you're weak (though you very much are); it's that you aren't surrendered. I suspect also, that you aren't living in the truth of who you are in Christ. Have you read Romans 6:1-18? Do you understand what Paul wrote in the chapter? Are you "reckoning it so"? Those who do not, find themselves perennially bound in sin.

Unfortunately during these temptations(I feel horrible saying this) I want the momentary self gratification more than I want to obey and follow Jesus.

Of course you do. Self-love is always at the heart of all of our sin. It's impossible to love Christ and to walk well with him when Self is sitting on the throne of your heart.

I stumble across many verses in the bible that scare me like Hebrews 10;26-27 , john 5;1-15 , and John 8:11. A true Christian does not continually practice sin and yet I realize that I sin every single day(intentionally and unintentionally). Does this mean I'm not saved?

Maybe. Of course, you can't be truly saved and then lost, but you can think you're saved when you aren't. I think most of the people constituting the modern Church today are in this category, "tares" Jesus called them, people who look and act like Christians but in their hearts are far from God and following a false Jesus.

I want to be convicted by the holy spirit but I don't always feel convicted.

The more you sin willfully, against the work of the Spirit within you, the less clearly you will be able to "hear" the Spirit, to sense his conviction and leading. This is one of the terrible consequences of sin.

I don't want this to be a part of my life anymore and I'm sick of being confused and uncertain about my walk.

Those who love God with all of their being never feel like this. Obeying the First and Great Commandment (Matthew 22:36-38) is the single best way to become confident in your salvation, joyful in your walk with God, and fruitful in your service to Him. Love is the ground out of which God intends all of your life with Him to spring.

How do I rest in and accept grace without using it as an excuse to sin?

Your problem, it seems to me, isn't that you're taking advantage of God's grace but that you don't know what it means to walk with God, to be a Christian, and how to do so. You aren't alone in this. You might start to rectify your condition by considering the following:

Matthew 16:24-26
24 Then Jesus said to His disciples, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.
25 For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.
26 For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?

• Useful
Reactions: dqhall
Upvote 0

Blood Bought

BloodBought
Sep 27, 2018
South
✟25,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Holy Spirit brings conviction over your sin; showing you that you are a sinner separated from God and your righteousness won't cut it; Believe that Jesus went to the cross, and rose again and paid the penalty for sin; know in your heart that Jesus is the only way to Heaven and then confess Him as your Lord and Savior.

If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead you will be saved; with the heart one believes unto righteousness and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

All who call upon the name of the Lord will be saved.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello Everyone.

I do believe in Jesus and have a desire to follow him but I struggle with sexual sin and have been for over 10 years. I have a group of men I talk with about this issue, I currently belong to a church, and I do have some safeguards in place internet filters, but I cant really say that I've made much progress in regards to this sin.
Paul advised people to flee from sexual immorality (I Corinthians 6:18). The old Greek word for sexual immorality is inappropriate contenteia. The root of this word is found in the word inappropriate contentography. Lust coupled with inappropriate contentography is a form of sexual sin. Paul also warned against homosexuality and prostitution. Jesus taught adultery is wrong as is marrying an adulteress is wrong. Along these same lines masturbation is a sin, as is premarital sex.

My niece is living with a man who she is not married to. They are raising their two young daughters. Both of them have equal interests in their house and they have life insurance. Once the daughters are older my niece might return to work. I do not call it immoral for them to be married without a legal certification of marriage.

Upvote 0

Blood Bought

BloodBought
Sep 27, 2018
South
✟25,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One thing to add; is to examine yourself to see if you have been born again. For me; i came to Christ under the wrong pretenses. It wasn't about my sin; my wife "in error" at the time convinced me that I wasn't saved because I wasn't baptized. Maybe she said more; but it was over my head; but all I heard was I wasn't going to go to heaven because I wasn't baptized (this is not a correct teaching, it is just where we were at the time); so I got baptized. I said Jesus is the Lord; not knowing even what that meant - but I said it because that is what they told me to say. I remember hoping I said it right; otherwise i may not be saved.

My main motivations for coming to Christ; were that I liked my g/f (now wife); i liked the community, and if all I had to do is get baptized and start living a "Christian" life. Going to church; bible study; get a Jesus bumper sticker, etc. I was in; but if i new that I was going to have to stop fornicating, surrendering my life to Jesus, etc.; i probably would have passed on the opportunity of salvation.

But - Then I set out to follow Jesus; doing what I thought I needed to do to follow Jesus. I started going to Church, praying, listening to Christian radio, going to Bible studies; but never for an instance thought that I should stop fornicating, looking at inappropriate content, cheating, lying, etc. I no conviction over my sin because of what it did to my relationship with God.

Then soon enough, i heard enough church that it was bad to look at inappropriate content; this was something i was very proud of and never really wanted to do in the fist place. So I tried to quit, fell, tried, fell, tried again, fell - for years this went on. Now if I was honest with myself I only had regret because of a moral failure. So i only quit as long as I wanted to; i never really saw it as something that was that hurtful to God or something that was that big of a deal.

I never saw my sin as exceedingly sinful. I was planning my repentance before my sin; which shows I had no idea who God was - I new nothing of him; i had no fear of Him - no true love for Him. I could say the right things; but in my heart - I truly did not have a heart for the true Jesus that I read about in the Bible. Only the Jesus i invented in my imagination; the compromising "Jesus" the "Jesus" who didn't really mean what He said; I only believed the parts that made me feel good. I don't believe I had Jesus in my heart; because I didn't really have a heart to seek out the true Jesus and follow Him.

Then one day in Church, the sermon was about being a fake Christian and I was so convicted in my heart (not just for the inappropriate content; but for my whole life being so far from God.) I felt a burning in my heart to truly get right with God no matter the costs - i went up in front of Church; something I would have never done before (even before when I got baptized the first time, i didn't want anyone to see me); but this time i didn't much care.

So I went up front; and gave my heart to Jesus. I didn't feel any different going home that day; but i was supernaturally delivered of my addiction. Before this day there were shows that I was watching that were a little raunchy; and before I didn't want other people to see me watching them; but if i was alone i could care less. But now, i didn't want to watch them - but I felt weird because my wife still watched them and I didn't want her to think i was weird, so i just slipped out of the room when the show came on, not telling her I didn't feel good about watching it.

After that, for the fist time; i put a password on my router to block bad site; i made the password ridiculous so I couldn't remember it. I knew that God had delivered me and it was not my own doing; i waited so long for this day; and I knew in my heart if I ever went back I would become a slave again.

I developed a deep love for God; my heart was changed - i realized before I was playing God like a chump. Playing him like a forgiveness slot machine (sin, pull the lever and for some forgiveness tokens, oh i feel the urge to sin; oh well I will sin, and then pull the forgiveness slot machine lever again) I don't know what made me see God that way; i am sorry. What a fool I was.

I could never do the evil I did before; not because of fear of Hell; but because I cant hurt God like that; i can't deliberately disrespect God like that - I can't stand being far from Him and I know sin hinders our relationship. It is just not in me anymore, that is not who I am. I am so grateful that even with my great disrespect toward Him; he didn't decide to cast me down - but instead give me a new life; that Loves and Honors my God. I will always cherish that and never take it for granted.

Just like any relationship if truly see that you are hurting the one you love; you don't try to hurt them.

I am saying all this; to just examine yourself - only you can discern if Christ is your heart. If you fall short; just repent truly from your heart. Just be real with God is all I am saying.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DM25

Jul 10, 2018
Edmonton
✟16,988.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There are a lot of false teachings going around and don't listen to them. You are not a "true Christian" by turning away from your sins, or even feeling bad about your sins... You are not a Christian by anything you do, it's all what he has done... You are a true Christian if you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and believe his finished work on the cross saves you. Anyone who doesn't believe this, and think partly their works and stopping sins is what justifies them and makes them saved, is not a true born again believer. A person who believes in themselves like a co-effort for salvation is not a believer. Jesus Christ alone. Abide and rest in his grace...

• Agree
Reactions: ChicanaRose
Upvote 0

DM25

Jul 10, 2018
Edmonton
✟16,988.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Chris. The fact that you desire to stop sinning shows that you are a true Christian. A counterfeit Christian would not have this desire to cease from sinning.
We are not saved by our desires and feeling bad for sin either.

I always find it funny how false Christians think the only sin in the world is sexual sin. As if it is worse than pride or any other sins. They don't realize they themselves are sinning on a daily basis. My bet in many fake Christians head when you say the word "sin" the fist thing that pops up in their mind is a sexual sin. While real believers think of sin as rejecting the gospel and Jesus Christ, and know there are many sins of the flesh including pride.

• Informative
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blood Bought

BloodBought
Sep 27, 2018
South
✟25,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Correct - Nothing you can do its either 100% Christ's Righteousness in you or no Righteousness at all. Either Christ is in you or He is not. Either your born again or your not. But when Christ is in you; unless you are totally quenching every last bit of the Holy Spirit you will feel in your heart to walk with the Lord Jesus.

If Christ is in you; then you need to make Grace break the cycle of sin. Condemnation and Guilt will just keep you stuck to sin. The fact that your deeds are completely separate from your salvation; and every day you no matter how good you think you are; or how bad you blow it - you are 100% perfect in Christ. It is that revelation that should give you the power to break sin. That is the Gospel of Grace.

Upvote 0

ChicanaRose

Mar 26, 2019
west coast
✟75,698.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We are not saved by our desires and feeling bad for sin either.

I always find it funny how false Christians think the only sin in the world is sexual sin. As if it is worse than pride or any other sins. They don't realize they themselves are sinning on a daily basis. My bet in many fake Christians head when you say the word "sin" the fist thing that pops up in their mind is a sexual sin. While real believers think of sin as rejecting the gospel and Jesus Christ, and know there are many sins of the flesh including pride.

I don't think anyone is arguing that we sin daily, and that there are various forms of sins. My impression is that fake Christians don't care about sin at all, including sexual sins.

Upvote 0

DM25

Jul 10, 2018
Edmonton
✟16,988.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't think anyone is arguing that we sin daily, and that there are various forms of sins. My impression is that fake Christians don't care about sin at all, including sexual sins.
There's no such thing as a fake believer. You either believe in the gospel or you don't. Those who rely even partly on their works for salvation are unbelievers.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Upvote 0

setst777

Site Supporter
Aug 25, 2018
Greenfield
Visit site
✟354,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello Everyone.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. Forgive me for my rambling, my mind is kind of all over the place on this subject. I keep finding myself guessing if I'm saved or not. I do believe in Jesus and have a desire to follow him but I struggle with sexual sin and have been for over 10 years. I have a group of men I talk with about this issue, I currently belong to a church, and I do have some safeguards in place internet filters, but I cant really say that I've made much progress in regards to this sin. I always end up finding a way to fall by other means or even in my mind. Jesus is the furthest thing from my mind during the temptation. I find that I cant go a week without falling into this particular sin. I ask and pray for God to strengthen me in times of temptation but I have had no success. Unfortunately during these temptations(I feel horrible saying this) I want the momentary self gratification more than I want to obey and follow Jesus. I stumble across many verses in the bible that scare me like Hebrews 10;26-27 , john 5;1-15 , and John 8:11. A true Christian does not continually practice sin and yet I realize that I sin every single day(intentionally and unintentionally). Does this mean I'm not saved? I want to be convicted by the holy spirit but I don't always feel convicted. I don't want this to be a part of my life anymore and I'm sick of being confused and uncertain about my walk. How do I rest in and accept grace without using it as an excuse to sin? I don't understand the difference. I know how undeserving I am of his grace

Thank You Everyone for listening

Firstly, faith is never a work in Holy Scripture; rather, faith is the opposite of works.

However, a person who claims to believe in Jesus cannot separate his faith from being holy to God (sanctified) in obedience to Christ Jesus as essential for salvation...

John 10:27-28 (NIV)
27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.

So, the only ones who receive eternal life are those sheep who listen to Lord Jesus and follow Him.

Hebrews 5
8 Son though he was, he learned obedience from what he suffered 9 and, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him.

Romans 16:26 but now revealed and made known through the prophetic writings by the command of the eternal God, so that all the Gentiles might come to the obedience that comes from faith27 to the only wise God be glory forever through Jesus Christ! Amen.

Living in obedience to Christ by faith is the opposite of works.

I see two types of professing Christians who claim to be saved. Can you guess which one is actually saved?

The one who lives by works says in his heart; “Yes, I believe in Jesus and the Gospel, but I was taught that obedience to Christ is not essential, because that would be a work. So, I see no reason why I can’t continue to devote my time and energy to gain all the blessings this life on earth offers me in fulfilling the desires of the flesh. So, yes, I know I am a sinner, but God loves me anyway. But I will show God how much I appreciate Him for saving me by doing at least some good works – ‘fruits.’ Surely the Lord will see my faith. I believe Jesus died for my sins, because I am bearing fruits of my faith. And isn’t that the real proof of my election onto salvation? I don't have to obey any command of Christ that I don't want to because that would be works. I know the Lord will save me anyway.

The one who lives by a Bible faith says in his heart; “Yes Lord, I heard your invitation – the Gospel. I have counted the cost – my entire life, which is to deny myself, take up my cross and follow you into a new life of love and obedience to you as my true Lord. By faith in you as my rightful Lord and Master I gladly repent of slaving for my flesh for the purpose of fulfilling its desires. I know that I can only follow one master. With your help, I daily crucify my life as a slave of the sinful nature that bound me to obedience to selfish ambition, and now devote my entire life to You, just as you devote your entire life to me. My faith is in you, and by this faith I know that you have come to live in me by your Spirit. My life is now yours – to listen to and follow You into a New Life of Love, living by Your Spirit who empowers me every day of my life as I continue in the faith expressed in obedience to you with my entire life. I deny myself and follow you as my rightful Lord.”

As you contemplate these two types of professing ‘Christians,’ consider how Jesus explains a true faith in the following Parables:

Matthew 13 (WEB) 44 “Again, the Kingdom of Heaven is like a treasure hidden in the field, which a man found, and hid. In his joy, he goes and sells all that he has, and buys that field.
45 “Again, the Kingdom of Heaven is like a man who is a merchant seeking fine pearls, 46 who having found one pearl of great price, he went and sold all that he had, and bought it.

The Apostle Paul described a true faith as follows:

Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

And the proper worship of any one who claims faith in Christ must do likewise...

Romans 12 (NIV) Bolding mine… 1 Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God — this is your true and proper worship.

Upvote 0

DM25

Jul 10, 2018
Edmonton
✟16,988.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Firstly, faith is never a work in Holy Scripture; rather, faith is the opposite of works.

However, a person who claims to believe in Jesus cannot separate his faith from being holy to God (sanctified) in obedience to Christ Jesus as essential for salvation...

John 10:27-28 (NIV)
27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.

So, the only ones who receive eternal life are those sheep who listen to Lord Jesus and follow Him.

Hebrews 5
8 Son though he was, he learned obedience from what he suffered 9 and, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him.

Romans 16:26 but now revealed and made known through the prophetic writings by the command of the eternal God, so that all the Gentiles might come to the obedience that comes from faith27 to the only wise God be glory forever through Jesus Christ! Amen.

Living in obedience to Christ by faith is the opposite of works.

I see two types of professing Christians who claim to be saved. Can you guess which one is actually saved?

The one who lives by works says in his heart; “Yes, I believe in Jesus and the Gospel, but I was taught that obedience to Christ is not essential, because that would be a work. So, I see no reason why I can’t continue to devote my time and energy to gain all the blessings this life on earth offers me in fulfilling the desires of the flesh. So, yes, I know I am a sinner, but God loves me anyway. But I will show God how much I appreciate Him for saving me by doing at least some good works – ‘fruits.’ Surely the Lord will see my faith. I believe Jesus died for my sins, because I am bearing fruits of my faith. And isn’t that the real proof of my election onto salvation? I don't have to obey any command of Christ that I don't want to because that would be works. I know the Lord will save me anyway.

The one who lives by a Bible faith says in his heart; “Yes Lord, I heard your invitation – the Gospel. I have counted the cost – my entire life, which is to deny myself, take up my cross and follow you into a new life of love and obedience to you as my true Lord. By faith in you as my rightful Lord and Master I gladly repent of slaving for my flesh for the purpose of fulfilling its desires. I know that I can only follow one master. With your help, I daily crucify my life as a slave of the sinful nature that bound me to obedience to selfish ambition, and now devote my entire life to You, just as you devote your entire life to me. My faith is in you, and by this faith I know that you have come to live in me by your Spirit. My life is now yours – to listen to and follow You into a New Life of Love, living by Your Spirit who empowers me every day of my life as I continue in the faith expressed in obedience to you with my entire life. I deny myself and follow you as my rightful Lord.”

As you contemplate these two types of professing ‘Christians,’ consider how Jesus explains a true faith in the following Parables:

Matthew 13 (WEB) 44 “Again, the Kingdom of Heaven is like a treasure hidden in the field, which a man found, and hid. In his joy, he goes and sells all that he has, and buys that field.
45 “Again, the Kingdom of Heaven is like a man who is a merchant seeking fine pearls, 46 who having found one pearl of great price, he went and sold all that he had, and bought it.

The Apostle Paul described a true faith as follows:

Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

And the proper worship of any one who claims faith in Christ must do likewise...

Romans 12 (NIV) Bolding mine… 1 Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God — this is your true and proper worship.
You are a false teacher. Our salvation and faith is separate from our works (discipleship). Faith ALONE for salvation. I rebuke your false teaching in the mighty name of Jesus Christ. You follow religion, not Jesus. Salvation is not by ANYTHING we do, it's all about what he did. It's about time you and countless other people walking the broad path realize that. There are NO buts or conditions to the gospel message. People who put conditions on it like you pervert the gospel of Jesus Christ and you do it in a sneaky way saying the truth first then saying BUT as a condition for salvation, you are rebuked. We are only made righteous in Christ alone. OP don't listen to this false teacher. Rest in his grace and know you are loved by him. He doesn't condemn you for your sin, you are his. Let that be an encouragement to you.

Romans 5:1-5
Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

Romans 3:28
Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Ephesians 2:8-9
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

John 5:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

The gospel is simple, beautiful, and good news. Jesus freed us from the curse of the law. It is only foolishness to those who perish and don't have the holy spirit in them to understand it. It's NOT about your works for justification, it's about his finished work on the cross

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

setst777

Site Supporter
Aug 25, 2018
Greenfield
Visit site
✟354,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You are a false teacher. Our salvation and faith is separate from our works (discipleship). Faith ALONE for salvation. I rebuke your false teaching in the mighty name of Jesus Christ. You follow religion, not Jesus. Salvation is not by ANYTHING we do, it's all about what he did. It's about time you and countless other people walking the broad path realize that. There are NO buts or conditions to the gospel message. People who put conditions on it like you pervert the gospel of Jesus Christ and you do it in a sneaky way saying the truth first then saying BUT as a condition for salvation, you are rebuked. We are only made righteous in Christ alone. OP don't listen to this false teacher. Rest in his grace and know you are loved by him. He doesn't condemn you for your sin, you are his. Let that be an encouragement to you.

Romans 5:1-5
Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

Romans 3:28
Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Ephesians 2:8-9
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

John 5:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

The gospel is simple, beautiful, and good news. Jesus freed us from the curse of the law. It is only foolishness to those who perish and don't have the holy spirit in them to understand it. It's NOT about your works for justification, it's about his finished work on the cross

There are different kinds of faith, but only one kind that God accepts to be saved. . .

The Passages you gave do not define what faith is, only that we must believe.

The Passages I gave clearly detail the kind of faith that saves.

What is faith? The Scriptures explain if you will listen.

Read Romans 6

Upvote 0

Blood Bought

BloodBought
Sep 27, 2018
South
✟25,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The beautiful New Covenant:

“Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.”
‭‭Ezekiel‬ ‭36:25-27‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me. Yea, I will rejoice over them to do them good, and I will plant them in this land assuredly with my whole heart and with my whole soul.”
‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭32:40-41‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“I have made a covenant with my chosen, I have sworn unto David my servant, Thy seed will I establish for ever, and build up thy throne to all generations. Selah. And the heavens shall praise thy wonders, O Lord: thy faithfulness also in the congregation of the saints. For who in the heaven can be compared unto the Lord? who among the sons of the mighty can be likened unto the Lord?

My mercy will I keep for him for evermore, and my covenant shall stand fast with him. His seed also will I make to endure for ever, and his throne as the days of heaven. If his children forsake my law, and walk not in my judgments; If they break my statutes, and keep not my commandments; Then will I visit their transgression with the rod, and their iniquity with stripes. Nevertheless my lovingkindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail. My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips. Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie unto David. His seed shall endure for ever, and his throne as the sun before me. It shall be established for ever as the moon, and as a faithful witness in heaven. Selah.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭89:3-6, 28-37‬ ‭KJV‬

“For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins. But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year. For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins. Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me: In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure. Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God. Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law; Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second. By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭10:2-10‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭5:18-21‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭10:8-13‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Praise Him for His faithfulness!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Blood Bought

BloodBought
Sep 27, 2018
South
✟25,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Many people get saved by faith, but then without knowing any better go back into a law mentality, thinking they are saved then lost then they got to repent again to get saved, until they sin then they are lost. The whole book of Galatians speaks about this mindset.

The devil almost got me into this trap, but the grace if God revealed the above scriptures to my heart.

The law should chase you to the cross, but it can chase you no further than Calvary.

God says He will put His laws in our hearts and cause us to obey His commands. He will discipline us as children. He will blot away our sin. He will grant us repentance. He will call us. He will turn our hearts towards Him. He will, He will, He will.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: DM25
Upvote 0