City of Angels.
✟4,228.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
We never bring up black/white arguments. Because they're not important. No one is being oppressed.

And honestly, who cares how many "white supremacist" organizations exist in the United States? That still shouldn't affect black people from living their lives.

Upvote 0

Redac

Jul 16, 2007
California
✟167,609.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
We never bring up black/white arguments. Because they're not important. No one is being oppressed.

And honestly, who cares how many "white supremacist" organizations exist in the United States? That still shouldn't affect black people from living their lives.

White supremacist organizations aren't the ones that make it twice as difficult for a black person to get a call back for a job interview, just as an example. It's much deeper than a bunch of guys in white hoods.

Upvote 0
C

Caesars Ghost

Oh ok. Cause didn't the North have slaves too?

The civil war being about slavery would then be like me being a smoker fighting another smoker to ban slavery. Idk, it sounds weird.
Blacks owned black slaves in America.

The truth about slavery in America has been so twisted around by bleeding hearts and others, that it's hard to find the real history.

"Roots", the fictional TV mini-series produced by Alex Haley helped to invent a lot of what people imagine about slavery in America.
He portrayed the enterprise as something akin to evil white people landing on the shores of Africa and chasing down black natives so as to knock them about and bring them into the holds of waiting ships.

Lies of course. The African slaves that were brought to America lived longer as slaves, as horrific as the practice of slavery was and remains to this day, in that virtually every race on earth has been or is currently suffering slavery, than they would have having been left in Africa.

Dutch traders found a market when venturing to the dark continent and buying those that were held captive there as POW's, after tribal wars.
Had those tribes people and the families of the captured warriors engaged in the warfare with the tribal victors, not been sold to those traders they would have been executed.

African tribes employed vanquished enemies as slaves as well.
No one in America today is responsible for the slavery that marred American history. Nor is the southern flag still a banner that heralds the practice.
What is racism, is to think it does. As if whites should be ashamed and apologize for being white. Or that the southern flag should be put in a drawer so as not to offend those who look to it and take offense over something they know nothing about when it comes to the truth of the matter.
What should be shoved in a drawer is the groveling that's expected as people think America should be ashamed of itself for what is not the truth of our history in large part. But rather is the racist fiction manufactured and that then insists upon it.

Much like what is imagined about the Generals Grant and Lee, after the Civil War.
The north's U.S. General Grant didn't free his own slaves until after the Civil war was over! His wife in fact had a great fondness for slave labor and would not let him do so right away.
While the south's General Lee did not believe in slavery and had freed his slaves well prior to Grant, even though Lee's armies had been defeated.
What isn't spoken about all that readily when twisted fiction seeks to foster sympathy for itself about the slave tradition in the south back in the day is, only six percent of Southerners owned slaves prior to the Civil War.
And among that southern population of six percent, 13,000 free blacks owned slaves themselves!

Truth is, many southerners were very poor. And then as now, the majority of poor whites were far exceeded by the minority of white rich landowners. Whites had to work hard to survive themselves. And very often they had to work as hard as did the sharecroppers.

The other fiction that's lived longer than the war is that the Civil war was started solely over the practice of slavery in the south. To hear tell it Spielberg's new movie about Lincoln seemingly portrays that story as well.
And he's allegedly researched the matter for over a decade before making the film.
If that is the case, he's tragically ignorant having wasted all those years.

The war in the south was not started over slavery.
6 Civil War Myths, Busted.

"I have no purpose, directly, or indirectly, to interfere with slavery in the states where it exists. "President Abraham Lincoln
The other myth is that the so called, "Rebel flag" is a symbol of slavery in the south. Hardly! The 13 stars in it's center area are the first clue.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
battle.gif
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Confederate Battle Flag [/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Stars & Bars flew over public buildings and events until 1863. By then, sentimental feelings for the USA were declining while national pride in the tenacity of the South's superior military forces was at an all time high. In recognition of Confederate military achievement, the Battle Flag was officially made part of the National Flag of the Confederacy on May 1, 1863. The flag was pure white with the Battle Flag prominently displayed in the upper left corner. It was named the "Stainless Banner" due to the purity of the Southern struggle for independence. (Heritage Preservation Association)[/FONT]

Upvote 0
A

Adaephon

Trust me, there are plenty of people who even if they don't run around screaming white power slogans and making it really obvious, will still be quite racist in their actions. Racism still happens fairly often in the USA. It isn't exactly difficult to find.

Upvote 0
M

muslimsoldier4life

African Americans today personally lived in Jim Crow and know someone who was beaten, lynched, or jailed unjustly.
Actually that is incorrect. Lil Wayne and the like never lived under Jim Crow laws, so I'm not sure what you're talking about there. Jay Z, Snoop, most professional sports players and entertainers that are black did not live under the Jim Crow laws.

The real question, IEP, is what must whites do to truly, finally understand this?
I, as a white person, need to do absolutely nothing. I don't live with white guilt, because why should I? I did not participate in keeping the black man down, nor did my immediate family. I don't apologize for what happened in the past, becuase I have nothing to feel sorry for. An I really do not feel sorry for the way black culture is celebrated today; the worst part of it that is. Gangsta rap and the like are lauded as somehow inspiring to youth of all colors, and that's not a good thing at all.

Reactions: Rion
Upvote 0

I Eat Pie

Sep 22, 2012
City of Angels.
✟4,228.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I think a lot of black people's problems are self inflicted. Ask yourself this question. "Would I trust my business over to someone named Shaniqua who is loud and has been raised to dislike whites and expect to be treated like a queen for slavery, which ended over 150 years ago?". Now of course I'm not saying all blacks are lile that, but a lpt fit the profile, and it's hard to imagine trusting them with a job. I blame the parents first for the overly ghetto names and bad parenting. So you cant's blame it all on their race. If a white guy came to me looking for a job but he spoke with slang and had his pants pulled down to his ankels, of course ill deny him. It's all about how you market yourself and giving your kids a respectable name is the first step.

Upvote 0

I Eat Pie

Sep 22, 2012
City of Angels.
✟4,228.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Oh and I know some people will ignore everything I just said and give the typical "he's racist" responce. I don't mind though cause I'm telling the truth. 2 days ago a black guy walked into the store and my manager, who is also a black man said "hey watch out for that black dude". Its not about color. This dude had his pants all the way down and looked like a gangbanger.

Upvote 0
A

Adaephon

Oh and I know some people will ignore everything I just said and give the typical "he's racist" responce. I don't mind though cause I'm telling the truth. 2 days ago a black guy walked into the store and my manager, who is also a black man said "hey watch out for that black dude". Its not about color. This dude had his pants all the way down and looked like a gangbanger.

If you are trying to head off accusations of racism, you probably shouldn't share anecdotes about you and your boss being suspicious of people based on appearance.

Upvote 0
A

Adaephon

I think a lot of black people's problems are self inflicted. Ask yourself this question. "Would I trust my business over to someone named Shaniqua who is loud and has been raised to dislike whites and expect to be treated like a queen for slavery, which ended over 150 years ago?". Now of course I'm not saying all blacks are lile that, but a lpt fit the profile, and it's hard to imagine trusting them with a job. I blame the parents first for the overly ghetto names and bad parenting. So you cant's blame it all on their race. If a white guy came to me looking for a job but he spoke with slang and had his pants pulled down to his ankels, of course ill deny him. It's all about how you market yourself and giving your kids a respectable name is the first step.

Bad names? Is this some kind of joke? You judge people's worthiness for a job based on their name? Do you not realize how juvenile that sounds?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bethesda

Sep 11, 2012
✟8,601.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Blacks owned black slaves in America.

The truth about slavery in America has been so twisted around by bleeding hearts and others, that it's hard to find the real history.

"Roots", the fictional TV mini-series produced by Alex Haley helped to invent a lot of what people imagine about slavery in America.
He portrayed the enterprise as something akin to evil white people landing on the shores of Africa and chasing down black natives so as to knock them about and bring them into the holds of waiting ships.

Lies of course. The African slaves that were brought to America lived longer as slaves, as horrific as the practice of slavery was and remains to this day, in that virtually every race on earth has been or is currently suffering slavery, than they would have having been left in Africa.

Dutch traders found a market when venturing to the dark continent and buying those that were held captive there as POW's, after tribal wars.
Had those tribes people and the families of the captured warriors engaged in the warfare with the tribal victors, not been sold to those traders they would have been executed.

African tribes employed vanquished enemies as slaves as well.
No one in America today is responsible for the slavery that marred American history. Nor is the southern flag still a banner that heralds the practice.
What is racism, is to think it does. As if whites should be ashamed and apologize for being white. Or that the southern flag should be put in a drawer so as not to offend those who look to it and take offense over something they know nothing about when it comes to the truth of the matter.
What should be shoved in a drawer is the groveling that's expected as people think America should be ashamed of itself for what is not the truth of our history in large part. But rather is the racist fiction manufactured and that then insists upon it.

Much like what is imagined about the Generals Grant and Lee, after the Civil War.
The north's U.S. General Grant didn't free his own slaves until after the Civil war was over! His wife in fact had a great fondness for slave labor and would not let him do so right away.
While the south's General Lee did not believe in slavery and had freed his slaves well prior to Grant, even though Lee's armies had been defeated.
What isn't spoken about all that readily when twisted fiction seeks to foster sympathy for itself about the slave tradition in the south back in the day is, only six percent of Southerners owned slaves prior to the Civil War.
And among that southern population of six percent, 13,000 free blacks owned slaves themselves!

Truth is, many southerners were very poor. And then as now, the majority of poor whites were far exceeded by the minority of white rich landowners. Whites had to work hard to survive themselves. And very often they had to work as hard as did the sharecroppers.

The other fiction that's lived longer than the war is that the Civil war was started solely over the practice of slavery in the south. To hear tell it Spielberg's new movie about Lincoln seemingly portrays that story as well.
And he's allegedly researched the matter for over a decade before making the film.
If that is the case, he's tragically ignorant having wasted all those years.

The war in the south was not started over slavery.
6 Civil War Myths, Busted.

The other myth is that the so called, "Rebel flag" is a symbol of slavery in the south. Hardly! The 13 stars in it's center area are the first clue.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
battle.gif
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Confederate Battle Flag [/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Stars & Bars flew over public buildings and events until 1863. By then, sentimental feelings for the USA were declining while national pride in the tenacity of the South's superior military forces was at an all time high. In recognition of Confederate military achievement, the Battle Flag was officially made part of the National Flag of the Confederacy on May 1, 1863. The flag was pure white with the Battle Flag prominently displayed in the upper left corner. It was named the "Stainless Banner" due to the purity of the Southern struggle for independence. (Heritage Preservation Association)[/FONT]
You say slavery is abhorrent but then indulge in series of mea culpas to mitigate or minimise the impact of it

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]'The truth about slavery in America has been so twisted around by bleeding hearts and others, that it's hard to find the real history'. 'others'?- oh you mean black people
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]'in that virtually every race on earth has been or is currently suffering slavery' - when did white people suffer significant slavery
'African tribes employed vanquished enemies as slaves as well' - so that makes it somehow alright for a supposedly Christian country to do so? (and worse than that use the Bible to justify it just like Afrikaaners did in apartheid South Africa.
'national pride in the tenacity of the South's superior military forces was at an all time high' - really?
looking at a list of 1863 battles there were more Union victories -
national pride? -was there pride in northern states at CSA victories.
Superior military forces? - well they did lose the war

[/FONT]

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Redac

Jul 16, 2007
California
✟167,609.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I think a lot of black people's problems are self inflicted. Ask yourself this question. "Would I trust my business over to someone named Shaniqua who is loud and has been raised to dislike whites and expect to be treated like a queen for slavery, which ended over 150 years ago?".
Those studies about people with "white" names getting twice the number of callbacks for job interviews weren't in-person affairs with obnoxious people. They were basically a boss being handed two more or less identical CVs, but one had a "black name".

Also, I'm curious: do you think prejudice against blacks ended when slavery was abolished? Maybe after the civil rights movement? When did it become blacks being irresponsible and wanting handouts, in your mind?

Now of course I'm not saying all blacks are lile that, but a lpt fit the profile, and it's hard to imagine trusting them with a job.
That's called racial profiling and stereotyping, and it's racism, despite your claims to the contrary.

I blame the parents first for the overly ghetto names and bad parenting.
That you equate African-American or otherwise black names with the "ghetto" is quite telling. Why can't these people just have "proper" names, right?:doh:

So you cant's blame it all on their race. If a white guy came to me looking for a job but he spoke with slang and had his pants pulled down to his ankels, of course ill deny him.
Not all black people act like this, but it's still much harder for blacks to get jobs and the like (and those are the one who aren't necessarily gangsta).

It's all about how you market yourself and giving your kids a respectable name is the first step.
Which names are respectable, exactly? Who decides that?

When you stereotype blacks as a whole as being "hood" or otherwise not having "respectable" names, and then say this is part of why they're struggling... well, what do you expect the response to be?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bethesda

Sep 11, 2012
✟8,601.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
As the saying goes, the victor in battle gets to write the history books.

And the losers get to write revisionist, we really deserved to win, there were no gas chambers, we were outnumbered by the Northerners, Soviets etc history books

Upvote 0

Bethesda

Sep 11, 2012
✟8,601.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Yet which version is everyone taught?

well a version that says 'slavery wasn't so bad for you black folks and anyway its all other black people that sold you in the first place' is not likely to garner too much support beyond some of the people who were never enslaved

Upvote 0

TScott

Curmudgeon
Apr 19, 2002
Arizona
Visit site
✟11,974.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0