Concerned citizens picket burlesque performer’s Drag Queen Story Hour for little kids

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Concerned citizens picket burlesque performer’s Drag Queen Story Hour for little kids

VANCOUVER, Washington, February 13, 2019 (LifeSiteNews) ― Neither snowy weather nor community concerns about an invited guest led to the cancellation a public library’s controversial LGBT children’s event over the weekend.

Vancouver Community Library held a “Drag Queen Story Hour” on Saturday afternoon as scheduled, but closed shortly after the event ended, thanks to the dangerous weather. The event featured Portland, Oregon-based drag performer “Clare Apparently.”

Local family policy activists, already dubious about the presentation of “gender fluidity” to children, were incensed to discover that the invited “drag queen” had been recorded performing a inappropriate contentographic routine dressed as a children’s television character. On Saturday, a group of the activists came to the library to protest with signs, take photographs, and to watch the event itself.

The activists reported that the majority of children who were brought to the event were aged three to seven. Many had come from as far away as Oregon. One activist, able to see the event by appearing with her 14-year-old son, noted on a private social media page made available to LifeSiteNews that there were several children and adults who were “gender non-conforming.”

She also noted that library staff played the LGBT anthem “I'm Coming Out” just before the event began.

Fully dressed, sporting a bright pink wig, and resembling a clown, Clare Apparently read three books to the children: Teddy's Favorite Toy, about a boy whose favorite toy is a Barbie-like doll, Every Day Dress Up, about a girl who eschews princess costumes to dress as feminist heroines, and Worm Loves Worm, about two identical worms who both wish to be the groom when they marry.

The witness said this was followed by a dance party and crafts sessions in which the children made crowns and rainbow colored ribbons.

She said she was most distressed by these last activities. When she and her son left, she turned around to see the group as whole and thought the event looked like a victory party, in which the adults had won and the children were the spoils.

More at link:

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Lol, that really doesn't look like much of a picket. There's 2 old fellows just standing there. One is holding up a sign. They are drawing attention to the event. With the measles outbreak, the snow, I think most folks with sense have got plenty of other things to focus on. The best way to show disapproval would have been to write to the library & then not show up for the hour. Not to stand out there giving it some publicity.

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm also for privacy of what people want to do with their lives but I still don't get the urge of this group to dress in extreme drag to read to children at libraries, and that so many are okay with this. It's just...odd, and it brings up sexual questions children shouldn't even be considering at that age.

Come on, this is just strange!

maxresdefault.jpg
120372_w_725.jpg

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm also for privacy of what people want to do with their lives but I still don't get the urge of this group to dress in extreme drag to read to children at libraries, and that so many are okay with this. It's just...odd, and it brings up sexual questions children shouldn't even be considering at that age.

maxresdefault.jpg
120372_w_725.jpg
It’s about indoctrination of children in their most innocent and trusting period of learning.

To think parents think they are being “tolerant” by exposing their own children to this garbage to prove a point.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Indoctrinating kids by....reading to them in a public library. Interesting tactics.

What's weird is how freaked out some people are about people reading books to their children.
Ringo

Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Indoctrinating kids by....reading to them in a public library. Interesting tactics.

What's weird is how freaked out some people are about people reading books to their children.
Ringo
Perhaps you skimmed the article?

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Perhaps you skimmed the article?
I know all about it; the story aired on my local NBC news affiliate. Still don't see what the panic is about.
Ringo

• Agree
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know all about it; the story aired on my local NBC news affiliate. Still don't see what the panic is about.
Ringo
Adult themes at a children’s event?

Reading them books with advanced themes?

At the public library.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Ringo

Neither do I. Folks who don't want their kids to be a part of it, just don't take their kids to it. The reason so many folks know all about is is on account of all the griping about it. It's the gripers who have supplied all the publicity for it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Neither do I. Folks who don't want their kids to be a part of it, just don't take their kids to it. The reason so many folks know all about is is on account of all the griping about it. It's the gripers who have supplied all the publicity for it.
That’s true parents can increasingly remove their children from adult themed events in public places.

That’s one of the issues. Why do parents have to keep their kids from the public library to accommodate events such as this one?

• Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Adult themes at a children’s event?

Reading them books with advanced themes?

At the public library.

What are these "adult themes"?
Ringo

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
The Great Northern Wilderness
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
What are these "adult themes"?
Ringo

Sexual themes shouldn’t be something young children are exposed to, and certainly not in the way this was done. Homosexual sexual themes simply takes this that much further.

The fact that so many professing Christians simply do not care is indeed concerning.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sexual themes shouldn’t be something young children are exposed to, and certainly not in the way this was done. Homosexual sexual themes simply takes this that much further.

The fact that so many professing Christians simply do not care is indeed concerning.

What "sexual themes"?
Ringo

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
The Great Northern Wilderness
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
What "sexual themes"?
Ringo

You already said you knew all about this story. Yet, it seems you missed a key component of it. Perhaps you should read the article.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟457,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Ringo
Come on. Stop with the dissembling. That's nonsense. This isn't just about READING, or these guys would just show up in their jeans and T shirts to read to read to children with other random people who read to kids through the library. By sharp contrast, this is a specific LGBT event with a specific intent to normalize this sort of activity, dress, mannerisms, and behaviors to very young children.

You saw the photos in post 4.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

maxresdefault.jpg
120372_w_725.jpg
Is it any wonder the Canadian currency features a loon?

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Come on. Stop with the dissembling. That's nonsense. This isn't just about READING, or these guys would just show up in their jeans and T shirts to read to read to children with other random people who read to kids through the library. By sharp contrast, this is a specific LGBT event with a specific intent to normalize this sort of activity, dress, mannerisms, and behaviors to very young children.

You saw the photos in post 4.

They're sitting there and quietly reading to kids. Seems to me that the only people bent out of shape are those who think that sitting and reading to children is a "sexual theme" or "normalization" of...something.

Isn't it funny that the people with the dirtiest minds are often the self-proclaimed moral arbiters of the universe?
Ringo

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You already said you knew all about this story. Yet, it seems you missed a key component of it. Perhaps you should read the article.

Go on. I'm dying to know what I missed about the super scary specter of reading to children.
Ringo

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟457,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
They're sitting there and quietly reading to kids. Seems to me that the only people bent out of shape are those who think that sitting and reading to children is a "sexual theme" or "normalization" of...something.

Isn't it funny that the people with the dirtiest minds are often the self-proclaimed moral arbiters of the universe?
Ringo
NO. They are sitting there dressed like that demonic looking thing with the HORNS in post 4, and the bearded man with the strapless dress on, reading, after engaging in an LGBT event aimed at very young children.

Who are you trying to kid here?

Upvote 0