Canada
✟13,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Everyone has comfort zones. What does it take to push you past yours?? How do you react when people push your bounds?

Last night someone seriosly pushed my boundaries and it resulted in me deleting pictures that I have posted here and on my profile, and in me deleting a vast amount of imformation off my profile as well. I think that I have a high tolerance level, but there are things that I have no room for. :sorry:

septemberskies

You can find me on cloud no.9
Sep 16, 2005
Tampa, Florida
Visit site
✟19,453.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Democrat
When it comes to online, pushing into my comfort zone is pretty tough because people only know as much about me as I give out. I think I would be uncomfortable if the person was reading every single post I made and built a website shrine to me. I would disappear for a while. Otherwise then that I would just ignore the person that irritated me. IRL is different though...

Upvote 0

kingoffools13

Jun 14, 2007
PA
✟12,291.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
i guess it would be topic specific as to how big or small my comfort zone was for what issue, like pictures etc, i dont care who sees me, and info ... well i am sure with the info i have given out online anyone that wanted to find me could ... i say let em, i've been board all day and a stalker would be nice

there are certain things that i do online, certain places that i post, that i would rather keep my identity known only to my friends and not public, i dont jealously guard the info but i dont just hand it out either.

K
O
f

Upvote 0

memoriesbymichelle

Senior Veteran
Jun 8, 2007
Arizona
✟22,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
IRL it's when people get too close to me, like invade my space. Online, I guess it would have to be someone constantly bothering me when I don't want them to. I think it's too bad that you took down your pics for something that happened with one person. It is your choice, but I, personally, like to "see" who I am talking to and find it rather annoying when they don't have a picture posted. But to each his own. You have to do what makes you feel comfortable. :hug:

Upvote 0

Braticus

Mrs. Marbzz
Nov 30, 2006
Canada
✟13,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I had someone take information from my profile page and look stuff up on me. That is pushing WAY past my comfort zone.

I know what you mena Michelle, and I like knowing who I'm talking to as well. I just got a little on the creeped out side of things.

Upvote 0

soccerdad66

Veteran
Apr 4, 2007
Washington
✟13,574.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I had someone take information from my profile page and look stuff up on me. That is pushing WAY past my comfort zone.

I know what you mena Michelle, and I like knowing who I'm talking to as well. I just got a little on the creeped out side of things.
I'm sorry to hear that, that's a terrible feeling! I've gotten pushed out of my zone a few times recently, but sometimes you have ask yourself if it's comfort zone, or protection zone?

Upvote 0

JonMiller

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2007
✟23,331.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's hard for people to go part my comfort zone on the internets. I don' tuse my real name here, but I do everywhere else.. and have posted my phone nubmer and address on other sites before.

I don't have any pictures up that people might take exception to (I think), but if a coupl eof the ones that people might wre posted, I wouldn't care.

Now RL on the other hand is another matter.

JM

Upvote 0

memoriesbymichelle

Senior Veteran
Jun 8, 2007
Arizona
✟22,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican

Do you know who it was?

Upvote 0

danstar

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
✟118,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
aww you poor thing braticus, well for me i think if someone was doing that to me i would be creeped out to and would be taking down all my info to, so your not alone there, dont feel to discouraged by people like that, theres millions more nice people out there than those types, its made me think bout my safety now after reading this to.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Braticus

Mrs. Marbzz
Nov 30, 2006
Canada
✟13,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I'm assertive enought to let someone know if they cross the line... if they continue past the warning I feel bad for them...
Yeah I'm pretty similar. I have a lot of give, and there are multiple warnings. Then "Dude, youare crossing hte line, watch what you say, I can get mean." Most men think that is incentive to push a little more though.

Upvote 0

Mrs. Luther073082

Commit to the LORD whatever you do - Proverbs 16:3
Jan 18, 2006
✟41,836.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Well twice now when my ex from five years ago was stalking me I totally deleted every account he knew about and then googled myself and deleted every account with the same screen name that he could have found with an internet search (because he would have done exactly that). I also made new e-mail addresses and IM screen names.

And then one time maybe 8 years ago some random guy was freaking me out and wouldn't leave me alone online so I called the police on him.

Pushing me past my comfort zone is a bad idea. One way or another, the person is going to end up leaving me alone.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
you'll get people like that everywhere unfortunately, the important thing is to know how to use your head to protect yourself from those people and be careful what kind of info you give out.

I had some crazy lady here stalking me and my bf and stealing every picture she could find of us together. As soon as i found out i took down every picture i'd posted here and on my blog. I've also had a couple of people get weirdly possessive of me and couldn't handle the fact that i had a separate life away from the computer and away from them and would try to manipulate me to spend as much time as humanly possible with them. I remedied that by cutting off all contact with them.

Upvote 0
H

HICKIE

Everyone has comfort zones. What does it take to push you past yours?? How do you react when people push your bounds?

Last night someone seriosly pushed my boundaries and it resulted in me deleting pictures that I have posted here and on my profile, and in me deleting a vast amount of imformation off my profile as well. I think that I have a high tolerance level, but there are things that I have no room for. :sorry:

Grr, no kidding. When people ask me, "What are you most scared of?" I always reply, "Never underestimate the power of a moron!"

Upvote 0

Spicy McHaggis

I don't know nothin 'bout birthin no babies
Apr 30, 2002
Chicagoland
✟29,799.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well Brat, I know you'renot talking about me because I've never even (IIRC) had any communicaiton with you other than thread responses.

I guess I don't have the lines that others do, and I'm not sure if this crosses anyones, but if I'm talking to someone, and they made a profile that has their e-mail address in it, I'll probably check to see if they have a myspace or facebook account. To me, that falls under getting to know someone, and if THAT'S over their line, they probably shoudn't have put their address out there.

Actually. I take that back, if that's over their line and they put their e-mail address in a public profile, they need to log off and find a coloring book to occupy their time.

Upvote 0