May 7, 2007
✟56,288.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Well Brat, I know you'renot talking about me because I've never even (IIRC) had any communicaiton with you other than thread responses.

I guess I don't have the lines that others do, and I'm not sure if this crosses anyones, but if I'm talking to someone, and they made a profile that has their e-mail address in it, I'll probably check to see if they have a myspace or facebook account. To me, that falls under getting to know someone, and if THAT'S over their line, they probably shoudn't have put their address out there.

Actually. I take that back, if that's over their line and they put their e-mail address in a public profile, they need to log off and find a coloring book to occupy their time.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that searches Myspace for people. :sorry:

Upvote 0

justanobserver

Still Wondering...
Oct 26, 2005
✟17,559.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I've gotten pushed out of my zone a few times recently, but sometimes you have ask yourself if it's comfort zone, or protection zone?

this is an interesting question that merits some deep thought. I have what I would consider my "comfort zone(s)" but then, perhaps its also my protection zone at the same time.

I have things I am ok with, things that I may not be thrilled about but willing now to open myself up to or "expose" myself to and some things that I flat out aint comfortable with at all.

If someone gets too close or too personal, I do deal with it and I do try to keep it a polite and nice as possible (not always successful tho). Then if that dont work, well, I do make sure they know they got too close or too personal and it wont happen again.

yeah, its a combo of comfort and protection. I think they kinda go hand in hand.

Upvote 0

HoosierCanuck

Senior Contributor
Feb 4, 2004
midwest US
✟24,192.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm more comfy online than in real life with opening up. I guess it's the anonymity that helps. However, with situations like your's it makes me a little more leary. I've taken down some pics too because I just didn't want ppl to immediately judge me based on looks.

I used to put up profiles on dating sites too but since that's never worked either, I've stopped even bothering with those. If I fade out of the picture, that's no big deal.

My comfort zone is a pretty small place. My mum wishes I'd leave it once in awhile. I sometimes wish I could leave it but everytime I do, it seems I get into predicaments I never wanted to be in.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Luther073082

κύριε ἐλέησον χριστὲ ἐλέησον
Apr 1, 2007
New Carlisle, IN
✟31,326.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Psssh I step outside my comfort zone constantly. . .

Teaching sunday school . . . I was pretty uncomfortable with that.

Getting on that 120 mph roller coaster when I have always been afraid of coasters. . . Very uncomfortable. . .
Going to Church for the first time of my own accord. . . very very uncomfortable.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.